Why is Wenger un sackable?

I don't bother with English football, but I'm puzzled why Wenger seems to be un sackable, news today saying he has a new contract on the table but he hasn't decided yet.

Am I right in thinking he hasn't really achieved much at the club in terms of trophies?  I suppose he's regarded as a safe pair of hands and kept the club at the top level but if you can't win anything is there much point ?

Do Arsenal fans want to keep him ?

He probably suits the board in as much as he continues to fill the stadium while not spending much money by the top of te EPL standards. That being said I have no idea why the fans continue t back him ... all I can think is he's the classic gold plated dud who seems to be better than he is because of his continental professorial ways 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

15 trophies in 21 years though six of them were community shields :lol:

Some of our own (allegedly) were all too happy to see us end up like that,happy to compete but never really winning anything.

Unlike Warbs he was left a defence and that papered over the cracks for a while 

A lot of their fans can't seem to look past his achievements in the late 90's and early 00's.  2005 was really when their downfall began, and they've won just 2 FA Cups since then.  They've never even been anywhere near winning the league since then too.

The board don't care as long as they sell out their season tickets and reach the last 16 of the Champions League every year, which they always do.

There seems to be, however, more and more fans now turning against him, and with his contract up at the end of the season this is the perfect time to bring in someone else.  A manager who's ideas aren't stuck in the early 2000's.  If he gets a new deal I reckon a lot of people won't be renewing their season tickets.

41 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

A lot of their fans can't seem to look past his achievements in the late 90's and early 00's.  2005 was really when their downfall began, and they've won just 2 FA Cups since then.  They've never even been anywhere near winning the league since then too.

The board don't care as long as they sell out their season tickets and reach the last 16 of the Champions League every year, which they always do.

There seems to be, however, more and more fans now turning against him, and with his contract up at the end of the season this is the perfect time to bring in someone else.  A manager who's ideas aren't stuck in the early 2000's.  If he gets a new deal I reckon a lot of people won't be renewing their season tickets.

That's what I don't get, you'd think the board would have held fire before offering an new contract, what happens if he accepts? They have the money to pay him off if he does and are probably trying doing the right thing after  his long service but really  hoping he walks away I suppose

26 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

That's what I don't get, you'd think the board would have held fire before offering an new contract, what happens if he accepts? They have the money to pay him off if he does and are probably trying doing the right thing after  his long service but really  hoping he walks away I suppose

Has he definitely been offered a new deal? I saw an article headline on BBC Sport earlier that said a decision would be made at the end of the season but I didn't read it all.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Has he definitely been offered a new deal? I saw an article headline on BBC Sport earlier that said a decision would be made at the end of the season but I didn't read it all.

BBC Radio report said there was a new contract on the table but he hadn't accepted it yet, he'd probably be better to say he was off in the summer, players might try a bit harder to keep their place with a new manager coming.

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

BBC Radio report said there was a new contract on the table but he hadn't accepted it yet, he'd probably be better to say he was off in the summer, players might try a bit harder to keep their place with a new manager coming.

If that's the case then that is a disgrace from Arsenal fans' point of view.

I don't agree at all with boycotting your own club, but I really wouldn't blame them if they told the club to ram their season tickets up their arse. You pay to see your club progressing, and they have been living in the past for well over a decade now.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Unlike Warbs he was left a defence and that papered over the cracks for a while 

This is the second time I've seen you saying this but you never mention that after the Dixon Adams Keown Winterburn defence he also built one of the best defences in the history of the Premier League with Lauren Toure Campbell and Cole :lol:

4 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

3 league titles in 20 years none in the last 13. He's really not. Don't know how Arsenal can call themselves a big club if they think that's acceptable from their manager.

I'm sure I read the other day that alongside Bayern Munich and Real Madird they are the only club to qualify for the Champions League every season for the past 20 years.

I don't agree that it should have but that stat has gone a long way to keeping him in a job.

Endeared himself to the board by initially bringing success in terms of trophies, allowing the board to consolidate their strategy of making the club self sufficient and economically stable at a time when the likes of Manchester United were spending massive ammounts of money and acheiving large debts which if called in could have destroyed them and Chelsea achieved short term stability from Abramoviches millions but had no guarantee of continued investment in the long term. 

Teams like Liverpool and Spurs in the meantime had less success due to relative financial restrictions.

The financial consolidation has led to the club being very secure, but extremely conservative and reluctant to change the structure. . From the outside this is a great business strategy, but has allowed the Oil money funded clubs to gain more success in the short term.

History will probably view Wenger as being of great benefit to Arsenal, as great in his own way as Chapman (google Chapman he was Arsenal's "Struth") and if the EPL does financially implode they will probably deal with it best due to their financial dilligence, so in the long term may have the last laugh if the Man City and Chelsea investment ceases and Manchester United debt pops up again.

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

No matter what you think of Wenger replacing him is still a gamble and when you look at what happened at Man United post Ferguson you can understand what is making the Arsenal board nervous of change.

It's not a gamble if they bring in the right manager and give him the right budget.

At the moment they are accepting mediocrity by sticking with Wenger. They have been nowhere near a league title in 13 years and bar 1 cup final appearance they've done relatively fuck all in the Champions League too.

Alex Ferguson brought exceptional success to Man Utd and was always going to be near enough impossible to replace. Replacing Wenger isn't too big a gamble IMO as they are going nowhere currently.

Arsneal run at a major profit year in year out, as far as money making businesses go they are the go to guys, always steady, always raking it in, those who run Arsenal have a choice, do they want to be a serious money making business or do they want to ve known as being a competitive trophy challenging beast, the latter is probably a bigger financial gamble.

I'd hate to be an Arsenal fan but if I was the owners who's main concern was the profit and loss line then I could see why Wenger is untouchable

On 2/16/2017 at 6:00 PM, DBBTB said:

This is the second time I've seen you saying this but you never mention that after the Dixon Adams Keown Winterburn defence he also built one of the best defences in the history of the Premier League with Lauren Toure Campbell and Cole :lol:

So what's happened? 

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

As the Premier League transitioned from the old guard, to the Big 4, to the 'New Big 4', Arsenal are the only side to consistently maintain their top 4 status. 

Very good job.

I would say consistent ... i mean how many times has he been knocked out at this stage in the champions league?