***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

See all these people wanting FDB brought in - isn't he just going to be another philosophy and long term planning manager?  Are the fans going to have the patience for that?

I think it will be McInnes, but would rather FDB. He would require a budget way above what we look to be spending. It's a pity because you can sense that with an ambitious board we could get him. This could be a very big opportunity lost.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

See all these people wanting FDB brought in - isn't he just going to be another philosophy and long term planning manager?  Are the fans going to have the patience for that?

It's like they are justifying the ludicrous wait because we are trying to get him in when they have no proof of that...

What happens when it's inevitably not him and we are prolonging the embarrassment of performances and results and end up with someone shite?  

Just now, The Godfather said:

:lol: 

Kirk that's fucking ridiculous. 

You would just accept getting turned over then aye?

Fuck sake

Say  another manager comes in and we don't win a game the guy will be under it right away is that fair not in my book... This squad is rotten to the core and any new manager deserves not to be judged on results this season.. IF a new manager is appointed now fuck all is gonna change so whats the point 

If needs must get the man and sit him in the stand until the season ends let him look at everything and have a clear plan whats needed in the summer 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

It's like they are justifying the ludicrous wait because we are trying to get him in when they have no proof of that...

What happens when it's inevitably not him and we are prolonging the embarrassment of performances and results and end up with someone shite?  

I really don't understand why FDB's name keeps getting brought up constantly as if it's a possibility.  To my knowledge, he's been asked about it once by a Dutch journalist and he said he'd consider it.  That is literally the only thing we have to go on.

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

We weren't patient enough with Warburton?

The man had three transfer windows to fix a defence :lol: 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

I really don't understand why FDB's name keeps getting brought up constantly as if it's a possibility.  To my knowledge, he's been asked about it once by a Dutch journalist and he said he'd consider it.  That is literally the only thing we have to go on.

But did he say he would be interested in the position after considering it?

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Say  another manager comes in and we don't win a game the guy will be under it right away is that fair not in my book... This squad is rotten to the core and any new manager deserves not to be judged on results this season.. IF a new manager is appointed now fuck all is gonna change so whats the point 

If needs must get the man and sit him in the stand until the season ends let him look at everything and have a clear plan whats needed in the summer 

Ermmm we still have a chance of finishing second and winning a cup if we actually make an effort and get someone in who has half a clue what he is doing...

You are just assuming we are trying to get FDB so are willing to accept a shit show until the summer. For me and plenty others that's simply unacceptable, we are a huge club and as such have standards....I will not accept just throwing in the towel for the rest of the season based on some fairy-tale ending which is far more likely not to happen.

This needs sorted now...not in the summer....NOW

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It's just folk clinging to a unrealistic dream of a big name coming here. 

No up and coming manager who has suitors all over Europe including the EPL would touch us...we are a complete mess and have fuck all money. 

People need to engage the brain 

10 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

In a word, no. If a manager isn't going to get time, and to build from the basics of a club requires a few seasons, then they have to give the next man a hefty budget that says the club is going for the title. This could be one of the most crucial managerial choices in the club's history, so it's important that it is both the right man, and that he has a budget to fulfill the ambitions of the club.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Ermmm we still have a chance of finishing second and winning a cup if we actually make an effort and get someone in who has half a clue what he is doing...

You are just assuming we are trying to get FDB so are willing to accept a shit show until the summer. For me and plenty others that's simply unacceptable, we are a huge club and as such have standards....I will not accept just throwing in the towel for the rest of the season based on some fairy-tale ending which is far more likely not to happen.

This needs sorted now...not in the summer....NOW

Imo it is unacceptable to throw the towel in, the helicopter still has a chance of changing direction.

28 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If de Boer wanted the job I don't see why he wouldn't just take it now. Gives him a  few months to settle in and assess his squad properly before he starts work rebuilding it in the Summer.

All the nonsense about wanting to wait until the summer to start a new project is just a pish way of him saying he's waiting for something better to come up. 

He can't take it just now because he is due a large pay out (I believe its 2M quid but I could be wrong) from Inter if he doesn't take another job before the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We weren't patient enough with Warburton?

The man had three transfer windows to fix a defence :lol: 

I wasn't necessarily comparing FDB with Warburton.  Yes I agree Warburton, as it turned out, just wasn't a very good football manager. 

But our need for success has grew even bigger after our first season back in the top league, which means immediate success is almost a must.  From what I've read, FDB appears to be a philosophical long term planning manager, which, in the extremely slim chance that he was to be brought in, means we may not get immediate success.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Imo it is unacceptable to throw the towel in, the helicopter still has a chance of changing direction.

It wouldn't matter if we couldn't finish any higher or there was no cup on the table either, we are a club that has standards and laying down and letting shite like Dundee, Inverness and whoever else pish all over you is not on.

Beats me how any Rangers supporter would accept that, it's bogging. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I wasn't necessarily comparing FDB with Warburton.  Yes I agree Warburton, as it turned out, just wasn't a very good football manager. 

But our need for success has grew even bigger after our first season back in the top league, which means immediate success is almost a must.  From what I've read, FDB appears to be a philosophical long term planning manager, which, in the extremely slim chance that he was to be brought in, means we may not get immediate success.

I think FDB could do both of those, build for the long term and have short term success. This summer's transfer budget has to make a statement that we are going out to win the league. I can't see anyone else but him, of all the names linked, that could do that. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think FDB could do both of those, build for the long term, and have short term success. This summer's transfer budget has to make a statement that we are going out to win the league. I can't see anyone else but him, of all the names linked, that could do that. 

Admittedly I don't know an awful lot about him as a manager, but what you've described sounds exactly what we need.

Again, though, the chances of us bringing him in are extremely slim.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think FDB could do both of those, build for the long term and have short term success. This summer's transfer budget has to make a statement that we are going out to win the league. I can't see anyone else but him, of all the names linked, that could do that. 

Agreed. How much of a war chest would be needed? How many players would need to be sold?

40 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If de Boer wanted the job I don't see why he wouldn't just take it now. Gives him a  few months to settle in and assess his squad properly before he starts work rebuilding it in the Summer.

All the nonsense about wanting to wait until the summer to start a new project is just a pish way of him saying he's waiting for something better to come up. 

Loses a lot of money that Inter owe him due to a clause in his contract.

He may also be a bit burnt out considering how his last job went and would like to assess his options, like Klopp did before taking the Liverpool job.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. How much of a war chest would be needed? How many players would need to be sold?

To mount a serious challenge we require upward of £10 million and we only have about 5/6 at the most who are good enough to stay.

We all know there is not a hope in hell of the above being stumped up from the board. The money they do make available is money WE put in...they are rooked. 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It wouldn't matter if we couldn't finish any higher or there was no cup on the table either, we are a club that has standards and laying down and letting shite like Dundee, Inverness and whoever else pish all over you is not on.

Beats me how any Rangers supporter would accept that, it's bogging. 

I aint seen anyone saying they want Rangers to lie down to anyone.. Nothing we do this season could be called a success.. Standard have slipped why because the shit thats in our squad... IF it was me as soon as the season end i'd pay them all off not a player between the lot of them. 

No point in rushing to get a manager for 11 meaningless games mate none whatsoever 

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Admittedly I don't know an awful lot about him as a manager, but what you've described sound exactly what we need.

Again, thought, the chances of us bringing him in are extremely slim.

I don't really know much about him either, except that he has a commendable record at Ajax. I think he showed when he was here as a player, albeit for a brief period, that he was very much someone who thought about the game. He has a stature to match the club, I would say; I suppose he would have contacts within a broad spectrum of the game; and he would generate a great deal of interest in the club further afield. As I said earlier, there appears to be a sense that given the right back up that he would at least give coming here serious thought, and it could be a golden opportunity for the club. I think after what has happened this season the club needs a lift, and he could be the man to bring it. In saying that, I don't think we'll get him, because there is very little evidence that this club has a great deal of ambition for short term success. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

To mount a serious challenge we require upward of £10 million and we only have about 5/6 at the most who are good enough to stay.

We all know there is not a hope in hell of the above being stumped up from the board. The money they do make available is money WE put in...they are rooked. 

I can't see an experience manager coming in without a decent war chest. How much would we get for the players sold? 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

From what's been reported so far, and that's all I can go on because I don't pretend to have inner knowledge of what's going on at the club like so many other people do, I would say not very far.

So like everyone else, you don't know.