***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye just heard this tonight - Mendes apparently recommended him to us and we gave him an interview, he showed up well in his interview. 

So much for thorough search to find the best candidate possible. Convinced that Stewart Robertson is another one who'll be getting his picture taken with taigs in pubs and airports in a couple of years time quite the thing - ever feel as a fan your just being trolled to fuck off yer own club?

Alex Rae said this on Radio Scotland today. Don't have a problem with this, they took recommendations then did interviews, not as if they just appointed him in Mendes' say so.

On 3/4/2017 at 9:06 AM, moody blue 1972 said:

so is there really a dof job or are the board just getting these guys in to get suggestions on the next manager - can see it now, 'we've decided not to go down this route after all'

Although half joking at the time, I may not have been far off with this after all

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Alex Rae said this on Radio Scotland today. Don't have a problem with this, they took recommendations then did interviews, not as if they just appointed him in Mendes' say so.

He wasn't on the radar until Mendes recommended him though - from what I heard he gave an outstanding interview 

if that's the criteria for looking hard to get the "best possible candidate" then fuck me 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He wasn't on the radar until Mendes recommended him though - from what I heard he gave an outstanding interview 

if that's the criteria for looking hard to get the "best possible candidate" then fuck me 

I understand why you think that but..Warburton was apparently really highly regarded and on radars all over England, look how that turned out.  We fans lapped that up as did the media. 

At the end of the day all we can do is support PC, and hope the board haven't messed up.  If they have, well that's another bridge to cross. 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I understand why you think that but..Warburton was apparently really highly regarded and on radars all over England, look how that turned out.  We fans lapped that up as did the media. 

At the end of the day all we can do is support PC, and hope the board haven't messed up.  If they have, well that's another bridge to cross. 

That's the same as how I feel. The reality is if this doesn't go well, serious questions should and will be asked about the directors.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Aye I get all that but you can support the guy but still have justified concerns about the recruitment process 

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye I get all that but you can support the guy but still have justified concerns about the recruitment process 

You're spot on there. If any support should be cautious of any appointment it should be us after what we've suffered the last few years.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Aye just heard this tonight - Mendes apparently recommended him to us and we gave him an interview, he showed up well in his interview. 

So much for thorough search to find the best candidate possible. Convinced that Stewart Robertson is another one who'll be getting his picture taken with taigs in pubs and airports in a couple of years time quite the thing - ever feel as a fan your just being trolled to fuck off yer own club?

Robertsons a weird one for me. With Paul Murray's claim that we would only appoint 'Rangers minded' men to the board, why would we employ a guy who (not directly) voted us out of the league then once brought in proceed to stick the knife into his own fans after the SCF. 

Something just doesn't sit right with me regarding this guy (or the rest of the board for that matter).

If the Caixinha appointment turns out to be a disaster, the whole lot of them should be hounded.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Our own club? It's becoming less and less our club as the years go on. Too many situations have arisen over the past few years which the club and some of our fans have handled poorly. Point being the amount of crooks passing through the doors and the fucking fans groups more interested in our reputation in Scottish football rather than deal with the wider effect online bloggers have on it.

So aye mate, I feel like I'm getting trolled every time I read anything about us.

8 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

Robertsons a weird one for me. With Paul Murray's claim that we would only appoint 'Rangers minded' men to the board, why would we employ a guy who (not directly) voted us out of the league then once brought in proceed to stick the knife into his own fans after the SCF. 

Something just doesn't sit right with me regarding this guy (or the rest of the board for that matter).

If the Caixinha appointment turns out to be a disaster, the whole lot of them should be hounded.

I see where you're coming from mate but I sincerely doubt Pedro is here for any other reason than to enhance his reputation and become a successful manager in Europe.

What happened to us before probably didn't concern him then and doesn't now.