***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think game on Sunday away to Dundee will tell us a lot about Murty as a manager ... I don't think we were as bad as people make out against Morton .. I know they had 2 chances at the end because of our fanny defence but outwith that we were well in control 

It was shambolic on Sunday & every bit as bad as people made out.

And control without much outcome is something we're so used to, it isn't even worth raising. 

Not that I blame any of that on Murty - simply that is this squad's level.

However, he's had another week to work with them & I'm hoping he can produce some improvement for Sunday.

Be a worry if Wenger does leave Arsenal because FDB will be touted for it. The rest of the top teams are sorted for the foreseeable and the only manager of note out of work at that level is Roberto Mancini. 

Hopefully Enrique gets the sack and he takes the Arsenal job. 

Guest Lloyd72
10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Be a worry if Wenger does leave Arsenal because FDB will be touted for it. The rest of the top teams are sorted for the foreseeable and the only manager of note out of work at that level is Roberto Mancini. 

Hopefully Enrique gets the sack and he takes the Arsenal job. 

They will aim higher than FdB, Allegri, Tuchel, Sampaoli and Mancini will be their preferred shortlist imo.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Also you can guarantee we finish 4th, knocked out of the cup and get another doing over a "daunting" trip to parkhead if Murty is in charge. 

That daunting comment today about going to parkhead was unbelievable. No Rangers manager regardless of whether it's temporary, interim or permanent should ever be saying that.

10 minutes ago, HG5 said:

It was shambolic on Sunday & every bit as bad as people made out.

And control without much outcome is something we're so used to, it isn't even worth raising. 

Not that I blame any of that on Murty - simply that is this squad's level.

However, he's had another week to work with them & I'm hoping he can produce some improvement for Sunday.

Nah don't agree I think we controlled the game the only reason it was tight and edgy was because we've a defence made up of court jesters who can't be trusted 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

They will aim higher than FdB imo, Allegri, Tuchel, Sampaoli and Mancini will be their preferred shortlist imo.

Yeah I kinda misled myself that it had to be a manager out of contract:lol:

I suppose you take out the top two in spain and germany then PSG and 90% of the managers left jump at the chance to manage a decent side in the EPL

Just now, K.A.I said:

Nah don't agree I think we controlled the game the only reason it was tight and edgy was because we've a defence made up of court jesters who can't be trusted 

Exactly mate & there was far too much of that.

And our well documented failings in front of goal.

I thought it was a good game, actually, but a closer game than it should have been, given our respective league positions & it was our patch.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

That daunting comment today about going to parkhead was unbelievable. No Rangers manager regardless of whether it's temporary, interim or permanent should ever be saying that.

Yup I agree. I don't care if he'd been in the job an hour I thought it was embarrassing, I really did. People say it isn't a big deal but it really is. 

We shouldn't be pandering to the tarriers and there was a time when going to parkhead was a day out and you almost knew you weren't getting beat. 

What kind of message does that send to the players? Aw well we got pumped the last time, expect worse is what it reads to me

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Yeah I kinda misled myself that it had to be a manager out of contract:lol:

I suppose you take out the top two in spain and germany then PSG and 90% of the managers left jump at the chance to manage a decent side in the EPL

If they really want to show some ambition they need to get Sampaoli snapped up before Barca does, but aye apart from Juve, PSG, atleti, barca, bayern and real anyone else would snap arsenals hand off to take over from Wenger

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Obviously betting markets aren't always correct but just had a look on Sky Bet...Pardew's odds have plummeted to 5/1...sure it was at least 20s earlier...

Maybe because he did an interview saying he would help Murty out if he needed it.

Guest Lloyd72
Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Seems to be trying to poke his nose in where it's not needed...

Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club tbh

Same mate, he doesn't promote a winning mentality and seems too nice to his players. Although it would be nice to see him stick the nut in that lego muncher

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Same mate, he doesn't promote a winning mentality and seems too nice to his players. Although it would be nice to see him stick the nut in that lego muncher

Seems to think it's all a laugh and a joke....hope the odds are just people chancing their arm on the back of that interview! 

Fuck...that would be worth it tbh :lol:

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, DBBTB said:

I think Laurent Blanc will be in the running too.

Good shout actually, although his failure to progress in europe with that PSG team might not help his chances.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Just gives off the impression that Murty is somebody who still has that small club mentality.

Warburton had it too and that's why he ended up reeling off stats about corners and how randomness plays a part in effecting the outcome of football games.

We badly need somebody at the club who truly knows what it means to be at a big club and who thrives on the pressure of knowing what those demands are.

He's just realistic, look at their players and look at ours. Nothing about the clubs just the players