***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

This club needs season tickets sales through the roof again this year, that and the fact Robertson said they'll be going for the highest calibre of manager they can get makes me confident the likes of McInnes, Wright etc won't even get an interview, thankfully. 

Maybe the highest calibre will be McInnes or Wright.

A lot of money is going to have to be made available. If its not there then it will limit who is prepared to take the job.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What high caliber manager is going to come into Rangers where there is fuck all investment and an expectation to be number 1? 

Not to mention the squad at the minute is woeful so having them plus no substantial money with fans expecting a title challenge is hardly going to tempt the better managers out there.

Unless they chuck millions in we will be shopping in the McInnes, Wright and co market...that's the reality here

McInnes would cost £1m in comp, for a bang average manager. Not a chance.

If the board want to shift season tickets, I can't see them having much other option other than to speculate to accumulate.  ST's won't come close to selling out if they bring in a current SPFL manager.

A big test lies ahead for our board.

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

McInnes would cost £1m in comp, for a bang average manager. Not a chance.

Yeah the cost would kill that one but in terms of manager ability that's what we are looking at.

FDB talk is fantasy stuff, no chance someone with his stock still high would commit career suicide by taking this job. It will be an Ex Rangers man of some sort or a low key experienced name. 

The managers out their aint blind or daft, they will look at whats happened at our club and wince. Unless we received substantial funding they wont be able to work miracles with a piss poor squad. They would be on a hiding to nothing because the expectation here is huge.

There needs to be before we play again that's for sure.

We are just pissing results away because we have someone there who doesn't want to be there and the players don't give a fuck. That first half yesterday was terrible.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

We are just pissing results away because we have someone there who doesn't want to be there and the players don't give a fuck. That first half yesterday was terrible.

Next games Friday so not a lot of time for someone to come in and have a bit of time training with the players 

Can certainly see another disaster up there we've been poor all season but even worse away from home 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

As I said yesterday I believe we will carry on until we get a yes or no from FDB.. I know you think its crazy but we could've appointed someone last week big Eck if he wasn't looking for a job beyond this season. I believe we have a specific target as manager..

Certainly not the popular choice but id get Billy Davies in short term. This team has been mollycoddled and as a result they are soft. 

Likes of Halliday swanning about with his pube head doing the square root of fuck all yet gets a jersey come matchday. Naw. Not good enough by a long shot.

Need a new manager in to knock some heads together and get some form of tactical awareness drummed into them. Davies rep isnt sterling but he is known for being a ball buster and setting up his teams well. He certainly wouldnt stand for the lack of effort in recent weeks.

Just now, KingKirk said:

As I said yesterday I believe we will carry on until we get a yes or no from FDB.. I know you think its crazy but we could've appointed someone last week big Eck if he wasn't looking for a job beyond this season. I believe we have a specific target as manager..

Well that's simply stupid then because we might not get Europe if we let this shit show continue. FDB aid he wont be making a decision until March/April....so we do fuck all until then? :lol: 

FDB isn't coming 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

The Board should have had a Temp in place after all they knew they were wanting him gone.

Not even a small company would get rid of a Manager without an option being in Place.

Cant see anyone taking it for 12 weeks then finding themselves without a job again

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Cant see anyone taking it for 12 weeks then finding themselves without a job again

What are the likes of Davies and McLeish doing the now - not as if they are coining it in. Any manager that comes in for an interim gig the only role is to short the first team out so if they want to commentate on their off day they still can.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well that's simply stupid then because we might not get Europe if we let this shit show continue. FDB aid he wont be making a decision until March/April....so we do fuck all until then? :lol: 

FDB isn't coming 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

FDB isn't coming 

Even 4th would get Europe if scum win the cup....

I don't think we can afford to wait much longer after yesterday but I think we will tbh. FDB in your opinion won't be coming but he has said he will listen to any offer made by us.. He won't decided until April so do we forget him and move on or wait that's the dilemma.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Even 4th would get Europe if scum win the cup....

I don't think we can afford to wait much longer after yesterday but I think we will tbh. FDB in your opinion won't be coming but he has said he will listen to any offer made by us.. He won't decided until April so do we forget him and move on or wait that's the dilemma.

There's a difference between listening to an offer and accepting it, he's waiting till the summer to see what the merry go round throws up.

Its going to be a brave manger that will take on this present squad and think he could make it better in the short term