***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

There's a difference between listening to an offer and accepting it, he's waiting till the summer to see what the merry go round throws up.

Its going to be a brave manger that will take on this present squad and think he could make it better in the short term

says he'll know his next move by march April time so he can start working for next season. Time will tell just hope they have a plan b.. Cause no doubt in my mind Fdb is plan A

10 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Don't know what all the fuss over FdB is all about.

Would be a luxury appointment, something we probably don't need.

Money saved from De Boers' wages would probably better going to improving the playing staff.

Sometimes its as much about the contacts and players the manager can attract, and to be fair his record isnt that bad.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think one look at the other names being mentioned shows why there's so much fuss about FdB.

Aye definitely when you put his name against the likes of Davies, McLeish and Wright it's understandable, but from my POV he doesn't fit the bill for what I believe we need right now. 

Of the names mentioned McInnes stands out to me as the front runner, with perhaps Rowett a close second. However no manager who comes in will be able to do a great amount with the players at his disposal. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think one look at the other names being mentioned shows why there's so much fuss about FdB.

Exactly.

It just has to be someone of his calibre.

I don't trust the ambition of Robertson to get the appointment right though. I don't like or trust the guy and can see him foisting a Pako whatever his name is or Alex McLeish on us and King still not spending a time whilst using the director of football appointment as a smoke-screen and the perfect get out of jail card when it goes tits up as if to say "we tried this avenue - and it didn't work" ... and having to rebuild AGAIN in another years time. Nothing surer IMO.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Aye definitely when you put his name against the likes of Davies, McLeish and Wright it's understandable, but from my POV he doesn't fit the bill for what I believe we need right now. 

Of the names mentioned McInnes stands out to me as the front runner, with perhaps Rowett a close second. However no manager who comes in will be able to do a great amount with the players at his disposal. 

Rowett is another Warburton Imo never ever managed a big club

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

says he'll know his next move by march April time so he can start working for next season. Time will tell just hope they have a plan b.. Cause no doubt in my mind Fdb is plan A

Never knew that m8, I thought he was hanging back to see what he could get in the summer, can we survive another few months, that's my fear.

Game coming up against the filth and a pasting on the card, I'd bite yer hand off for a draw.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Realism is a better idea that been the whole Problem with King shouting his mouth off about this and that now here's another Moonbeam which will only leave supporters more disenchanted with the board than they are becoming now, when it doesn't come to pass.

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

Yesterday proved that the board need to stop arseing about and get something done ASAP.

Id now  take Billy  Davies until the end of the season. Too many prima donnas need their arses kicked and the attitude yesterday was a disgrace to the Rangers jersey.

Billy Davies would be a disgrace to the Rangers name. He's a sexual deviant and the mhedia up here would go all out on him dragging our name through the mud. He's also a smarmy wee egotistic prick who would throw his toy's out the pram, tears snotters the lot if things go against him. Pretty sure every club he's managed he's left on bad terms... Would be an almighty fuck up by our board to appoint him, even if it's just until the end of the season.  He also keeps very bad company.

We should stay well clear of questionable characters like him.  

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Realism is a better idea that been the whole Problem with King shouting his mouth off about this and that now here's another Moonbeam which will only leave supporters more disenchanted with the board than they are becoming now, when it doesn't come to pass.

I'd love to hear from King point me in the direction ffs apart from statements we have nothing in months so yer talking shit(again)

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly.

It just has to be someone of his calibre.

I don't trust the ambition of Robertson to get the appointment right though. I don't like or trust the guy and can see him foisting a Pako whatever his name is or Alex McLeish on us and King still not spending a time whilst using the director of football appointment as a smoke-screen and the perfect get out of jail card when it goes tits up as if to say "we tried this avenue - and it didn't work" ... and having to rebuild AGAIN in another years time. Nothing surer IMO.

A manager of his calibre wont touch us though.

He knows he would be in line for jobs in the EPL, Spain and what not....why would he risk it to come to Rangers when we are skint and playing catch up to the sheep and the tims?

We NEED someone like him but we clearly don't have the money to do it. 

FDB is a non starter. One we cant afford him and two he wouldnt come anyway. Look at the state of the squad. Its not minor surgery or tweaks needed its a full new first team with some of the survivors of this current 'team' warming the bench.

Doubt very much FDB would be interested in scouring lower leagues for bargain basement players. He would be looking for substantial investment in the team of 20 million at least.

Just now, The Godfather said:

He knows he would be in line for jobs in the EPL, Spain and what not....why would he risk it to come to Rangers when we are skint and playing catch up to the sheep and the tims?

Why has both he and his agent said in the past week he/they'd be interested.

I don't know how anyone can say with any great confidence or gusto he won't come when all we have is what they've said which is positive, to form an opinion. 

The only way I could see it playing out that way is if we meet him for talks and literally tell him there's not a lot of money and he will be working under a director of football that we've appointed in advance. He'd be right to run a mile, I wouldn't blame him but he's an intelligent guy I'm sure he's aware of ALL of our problems before commenting last week. Most people are aware. 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

FDB is a non starter. One we cant afford him and two he wouldnt come anyway. Look at the state of the squad. Its not minor surgery or tweaks needed its a full new first team with some of the survivors of this current 'team' warming the bench.

Doubt very much FDB would be interested in scouring lower leagues for bargain basement players. He would be looking for substantial investment in the team of 20 million at least.

How do you know we can't afford him? as I said above him and his agent have both said on record he's interested so where does this initial notion of "he wouldn't come" come from. It's speculation based on nothing.

56 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Even 4th would get Europe if scum win the cup....

I don't think we can afford to wait much longer after yesterday but I think we will tbh. FDB in your opinion won't be coming but he has said he will listen to any offer made by us.. He won't decided until April so do we forget him and move on or wait that's the dilemma.

Probably just being polite.

Don't see why he can't evaluate us & give a quick decision, unless he's hoping for a better offer.

In which case, do we want to sit around up to 8 weeks & wait for him?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I dont see any of the top 7/8 clubs changing managers I cant see him going to a epl club that doesn't and wont be fighting it out to get into Europe... The only job I could see him getting(taking) in spain is the sevilla job should there manager go to barca... 

Just now, K.A.I said:

How do you know we can't afford him? as I said above him and his agent have both said on record he's interested so where does this initial notion of "he wouldn't come" come from. It's speculation based on nothing.

How do i know we cant afford him? Have you seen the state of our club right now. You are in dreamland obviously. 

We are likely about to raped in court for severance packages for the last management team. We had no money available for transfers in the window even though it was obvious the squad needs strengthened. King has stated he has invested 18million *cough* of the 30 he promised. Cant see any major players on the horrizon ready to pump in a wad of cash. Can you?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Why has both he and his agent said in the past week he/they'd be interested.

I don't know how anyone can say with any great confidence or gusto he won't come when all we have is what they've said which is positive, to form an opinion. 

The only way I could see it playing out that way is if we meet him for talks and literally tell him there's not a lot of money and he will be working under a director of football that we've appointed in advance. He'd be right to run a mile, I wouldn't blame him but he's an intelligent guy I'm sure he's aware of ALL of our problems before commenting last week. Most people are aware. 

Out of respect for our club and not many managers who are out of work are going to shoot down a job off hand when asked. 

He was suitors all over and it wasn't long ago Spurs were wanting him in. He will know himself come the summer there will be a good number of clubs to choose from and let's face it not many are worse ran than Rangers just now.

Do you hand on heart think we have the means to offer a manager enough funds to rebuild the squad to the tune needed to challenge them?