***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

25 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Obviously you can't draw direct comparisons between them but McInnes isn't exactly skelping them is he?

McInnes has managed against them 25 times, won 5 and lost 20. It's hardly anything to get excited about.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derek-mcinnes/bilanz/trainer/5526

It's a bit of a pointless arguement, put Mourinho in charge of East Kilbride & they still wouldnt beat the tarriers. Yet put Murty in charge of Real Madrid & they would. Would that make Murty a better option than Mourinho because he had a better h2h against them? 

McInnes has done well with what he's got. I have no doubts he would have a far better success rate against them with Rangers than what he did with the sheep.

8 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

It's a bit of a pointless arguement, put Mourinho in charge of East Kilbride & they still wouldnt beat the tarriers. Yet put Murty in charge of Real Madrid & they would. Would that make Murty a better option than Mourinho because he had a better h2h against them? 

McInnes has done well with what he's got. I have no doubts he would have a far better success rate against them with Rangers than what he did with the sheep.

The only people I've come across who think he hasn't done a good job at Aberdeen are people on here but by the same token he's done a good job in some of the weakest SPL's that theres ever been considering we weren't in at and clubs likes Hibs, Hearts & Dundee Utd have been mainly dreadful for the last three years too.

I do think McInnes would probaby do a decent job with us but it's clear he's not the boards preffered target and he isn't going to be this time around so I'm not sure why he's being brought up so much :lol:

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Wish I would be put on Gardening Leave ffs, it's all the rage wi these rich cunts

I got 3 months Gardening Leave before. Was in the middle of summer as well. Absolutely amazing, getting paid to go paly golf and sitting in beer gardens.

Rejoined the company about 6 months later.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I got 3 months Gardening Leave before. Was in the middle of summer as well. Absolutely amazing, getting paid to go paly golf and sitting in beer gardens.

And you didn't do any gardening what so ever? Typical

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ally, is that you?

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

The only people I've come across who think he hasn't done a good job at Aberdeen are people on here.

I think he would probaby do a decent job with us but it's clear he's not the boards preffered target and he isn't going to be this time around.

Cant recall who posted it the other day and can't be arsed trawling through the pages on this thread to find it, but McInnes would do a job here, as would McLeish, Wright etc. but these aren't managers to really take us forward. Now Caixinha might not be either but there is a greater chance of either great success or immediate failure rather than the grey area managers who manage for long periods of time just doing enough to survive.

I think McInnes would be a good choice but not my first choice.

The only argument I'd have to say he isn't the man is he couldn't take advantage of how bad Celtic were last season with Deila in charge, he should have smelled blood and took them down

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

You just know anytime you see the word "considering" anywhere it's going to add another week on to everything :headwall: 

I suppose at this rate, we're not in any rush. The team are performing on the pitch finally, the Celtic game is round the corner so nothing is going to be in place for that. I'm pretty sure there's an international break coming up soon as well.

That's me trying to be positive and giving the board an excuse

But deep down I think they're just making a mess of everything 

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Cant recall who posted it the other day and can't be arsed trawling through the pages on this thread to find it, but McInnes would do a job here, as would McLeish, Wright etc. but these aren't managers to really take us forward. Now Caixinha might not be either but there is a greater chance of either great success or immediate failure rather than the grey area managers who manage for long periods of time just doing enough to survive.

It was me that posted but a McInnes for example would take us forward enough to compete again then we could make a step up for a top appointment after we've moved up a bit 

what If Pedro flops? It's only a gamble worth taking if it comes off .. or what if he's the grey area performer? I don't believe in taking this gamble with our most important appointment ever and honestly can't believe so many are now warming to the thought of it  

Yeah his record ain't great against them but it's unrealistic to expect Aberdeen to turn them over on a regular basis. He's done it on the odd occasion with them and he also took St. Johnstone to the piggery and won. With Rangers and given a good budget I think he would do better.

Wouldny be surprised if the Managers job and DoF (If we are actually gonna have one ) , are announced next week , as not to unsettle the squad ,ahead of the bheasts game , also give them more time ahead of the semi game , wouldny be completely shocked if we end up with Murty as a No2 to the Manager ,after being thrown into the hot seat ,since they bastards fucked off 

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

I suppose at this rate, we're not in any rush. The team are performing on the pitch finally, the Celtic game is round the corner so nothing is going to be in place for that. I'm pretty sure there's an international break coming up soon as well.

That's me trying to be positive and giving the board an excuse

But deep down I think they're just making a mess of everything 

The board have made a complete arse of it.

It's been almost a month since W&W went and we've had next to no communication from Clarity Dave and his mates.

All we've had to go on is pishy guesswork from newspapers, the majority of whom despise us.

They keep saying they want a DOF but don't seem to have a clue how to attract one or install one.

Getting sick of the whole thing.

51 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

possibly the most ridiculous post ever made on RM. I hope this was sarcasm. 

I could point you in the direction of at least 500 sillier posts in this thread alone:duh:. There are an awful lot of very definite opinions based on fuck all.

8 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Wouldny be surprised if the Managers job and DoF (If we are actually gonna have one ) , are announced next week , as not to unsettle the squad ,ahead of the bheasts game , also give them more time ahead of the semi game , wouldny be completely shocked if we end up with Murty as a No2 to the Manager ,after being thrown into the hot seat ,since they bastards fucked off 

I personally think they will be looking to do the opposite. Get somebody announced before Sunday to prompt a reaction. I still believe Murty will be in the dugout but with a new manager announced late Friday/Saturday so they have no time to actually take the team but will be at PH.

Patience is running thin.  There comes a point where benefit of doubt over the time being taken starts to be suspended and a belief starts to grow that they simply cannot attract any of their target candidates to take the jobs.   And they wonder starts to turn to why that might be the case.  

I'm sure King, Robertson, Dickson and Park would say it was never going to be easy.    Well they would wouldn't they.   The need to 'get it right' and to take as much time as it needs to take is probably the main defence against criticism of why its taking so long to appoint a DOF and a new manager.    

Or is it a case of making speculative recruitment gestures for targets that were predictably beyond their reach or who are not attracted to what the Board can offer in terms of resources to do a proper DOF and manager job?   With the result that they keep having to backtrack and continue the search / negotiations with other candidates.

A DOF and head coach recruitment drive dressed up as strategy and innovation to lead the way back to winning title 55 and beyond.    Aim high(ish) but not too high (no FDB for instance), make the approaches and see what happens.   Out of the mix of candidates maybe a couple at the lower end of the target spectrum might be persuaded to join the bandwagon.   I suspect a bit of the decision making process for the candidates will have been how much of a transfer budget is being assured and what the objectives are to be.  Are they signing up to produce a side next season that is clearly seen by results to be a credible title challenging side with the capability of winning a title the following season.   Or are they signing up to some fuzzier targets and with low transfer budgets.  Are we in for more of the 'highly competitive' stuff or more of the 2nd will do stuff?    The reputation of King and the Board for their handling of the last management trio, and maybe even Barton, may also be a factor in candidates reaching decisions on coming to Ibrox.   If they thought the Board would get opportunistic again in order to get rid of them if things were not going well then maybe they'd rightly think long and hard about whether this was the right move to make.    To be clear here, the reputation of an employer and the way they work can be, and is, an important consideration in deciding to take a high profile job where results, issues, opinions ......and leaks.......are plastered all over national newspapers on a near daily basis.  

These must surely be important factors in deciding whether to join Rangers.   Because right from day 1 the pressure will be on from the Support in general and from the media about title challenges so there is no point in their joining if they have not been crystal clear on the objectives and transfer budget constraints    More to the point if the objectives are more of the fuzzy stuff we saw from King and Warburton then King will have quite a selling job to do on the Support to explain where he expects Rangers to be when Pedro jumps ship in a couple of seasons time (assuming he maintains his track record trend).   BTW if he steers us to 55 in that timescale before jumping ship he will most definitely have been a success.  But if not...........

The time to be taken to land a couple of appointments may not have seemed all that important when the Warburton resignation button was pressed.   But it sure does not seem to have taken on any essence of importance now that weeks have elapsed during which the preferred DOF candidate has said thanks but no thanks and the manager candidate is stuck in the sand with no immediate sign of release.     Before too much longer the charge against Robertson, Dickson and Park (and King) will be that they are engaged in a process that is producing no end product and that they are really just walking backwards slowly.

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It was me that posted but a McInnes for example would take us forward enough to compete again then we could make a step up for a top appointment after we've moved up a bit 

what If Pedro flops? It's only a gamble worth taking if it comes off .. or what if he's the grey area performer? I don't believe in taking this gamble with our most important appointment ever and honestly can't believe so many are now warming to the thought of it  

I agree with the McInnes point, he would do enough of a job to drag us out the gutter that we're in right now! Have us winning the leauge and qualifying for the Champions Leauge. That in turn would have as back as a big draw for your top managers.

Pedro is a big risk, which could gift them another year on top of what they have already & have us in this exact postion next year.. He could also end up being a major success.