***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

I personally think they will be looking to do the opposite. Get somebody announced before Sunday to prompt a reaction. I still believe Murty will be in the dugout but with a new manager announced late Friday/Saturday so they have no time to actually take the team but will be at PH.

Could be , it'll either be one or the other 

Or none :huh:

Don't even think the board know what's going on ,for definite  

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

I agree with the McInnes point, he would do enough of a job to drag us out the gutter that we're in right now! Have us winning the leauge and qualifying for the Champions Leauge. That in turn would have as back as a big draw for your top managers.

Pedro is a big risk, which could gift them another year on top of what they have already & have us in this exact postion next year.. He could also end up being a major success. 

It's not just giving them one year though it's potentially another 25 million in champions league cash for them and setting us back again .. it doubles up 

McInnes has done sort of OK with the sheep but nothing to get many of us demanding he be our next manager. He couldn't get his team to be consistent enough with good results against teams lower in the league. We need a manager who can get the players up for every game and not accept dropping points against anyone. Therefore McInnes didn't get my vote. No matter who we were going to have as manager it was always a gamble. There's no guarantee a 'known' name would be successful.

16 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think McInnes would be a good choice but not my first choice.

The only argument I'd have to say he isn't the man is he couldn't take advantage of how bad Celtic were last season with Deila in charge, he should have smelled blood and took them down

This is exactly the problem with McInnes.

We appear to have no money. By many accounts, we are operating on a playing budget one third of the unmentionables.

McInnes had 3 seasons operating with the 2nd biggest budget in the league, 2 of them against arguably one of the worst managers in beast history and couldn't get closer than 15 points behind.

I'd rather take a calculated gamble on a relative unkown who might overcome the odds than go for a safer option who is pretty much a racing certainty to deliver 2nd best.

27 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

See when a DOF leaves his job and a new one is appointed, is it automatic that you need a new head coach or does he work with the one he's got.

Just wondering, why a DOF needs to come first and why he needs to pick him?

DOF and first team coach aren't linked.

DOF runs day to day football operations and deals with transfer dealings etc.

First team coach deals with the first team.

So it's not a big deal if one comes before the other or if one leaves and the other stays.

24 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The board have made a complete arse of it.

It's been almost a month since W&W went and we've had next to no communication from Clarity Dave and his mates.

All we've had to go on is pishy guesswork from newspapers, the majority of whom despise us.

They keep saying they want a DOF but don't seem to have a clue how to attract one or install one.

Getting sick of the whole thing.

Balls

If they rushed into an appointment that would constitute making an arse of it 

7 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Balls

If they rushed into an appointment that would constitute making an arse of it 

Have I said they should rush in to an appointment?

My point was the communication from the board has been shite as per.

Pedro is the risk...

McIness, McCleish, Davies etc are the safer options who'd get us more stable than we are just now (wouldn't be difficult)

Said this on earlier threads though, Mourinho couldn't manage that team we have right now to a title next season, that's the harsh reality. The tims were shite last season, they won the league due to the failings of others, this season they'd be in pretty much the same situation as last if it wasn't for Dembele/Sinclair, they spent money to get a decent player in his prime and a young upcoming player who'd been getting scouted across Europe...apart from those 2 the team they have is average at best.

Regardless of who the manager is, if he doesn't get a decent sum of money to spend on players then we won't catch them anytime soon, the gap will close with a better manager but we'll not win the title.

13 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

So it's not a big deal if one comes before the other or if one leaves and the other stays.

Nah they defo need a DoF in first given he might want to delegate different jobs to different people etc, and the first team coach might not want that, hence why the DoF needs hired first so he has input on the head coach hired to work under him

17 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

If the manager turns out to be pish, would the DoF not have a say in his sacking? would he not also have a big say in the boardroom as to any new manager.?

I don't believe it works the other way round, that's why I would think the DoF needs to be appointed first.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Pedro to get announced on Monday to deflect attention away from Sundays mauling...

That's the smart thing to do.  If they put the guy in charge now, we get pumped of Celtic again, then the positivity surrounding him will be short lived.  We need to give any new manager the best possible chance to succeed.  In all honesty, a cup draw against them is the last thing we needed this season.

17 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Been away over the weekend was in hope the talk of Caxiniha would have gone away, but unfortunately not.

Mental how his stock has gone up since I last logged in.

Newspapers simply filling column inches without actually stating facts. Naturally as a support we get behind most people that are connected with us (with the exception of Wright thankfully). If it is a toss up between him and McInnes its a difficult choice. McInnes has experience of us and the league so would undoubtedly improve us but would he be able to get us any gems or come up with a gameplan to beat European opposition. Caxiniha has no practical experience however he has contacts in South America including Argentina whose players are currently on strike so could potenitally pick us some gems.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

It was me that posted but a McInnes for example would take us forward enough to compete again then we could make a step up for a top appointment after we've moved up a bit 

what If Pedro flops? It's only a gamble worth taking if it comes off .. or what if he's the grey area performer? I don't believe in taking this gamble with our most important appointment ever and honestly can't believe so many are now warming to the thought of it  

Why do you think McInnes is less of a gamble than Pedro?