***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

12 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

We still need to sign players no matter what league we play in.

I know that , but we are realistically paying an extra wage for a job that the manager/coach can do and Lias with the scouting team 

57 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Can't see why we need a DOF for the league we play in tbh 

Spot on but it's another barrier for the board to hide behind; "it's all the players/managers/DoF's fault".

A DoF is required where you have a network of scouts and other staff looking to enhance the football and business side, all we have is the bus driver saying he saw a good wee player at his sons amateur game and someone doing a wee bit of Football Manager revision to see if there are any good players in there.

1 minute ago, Gillete said:

I know that , but we are realistically paying an extra wage for a job that the manager/coach can do and Lias with the scouting team 

Its going to be this guys job to set up all this scouting team which leaves the manager free to focus on the team getting results. Also means if a manger leaves we're not ripping it up and starting again.

Not sure how I feel about it tbh but I can see why they're doing it.

1 minute ago, Gillete said:

Robertson explained why the board want a DoF, when a manager leaves the club can be left in limbo, the structure may change, a DoF provides continuity as he is responsible for all the other duties bar running and coaching the squad, that's why some would argue that he is above the manager in job terms because he'll report  back to the board (who know fuck all about football) what the manager needs and whether he's doing a good job.

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Its going to be this guys job to set up all this scouting team which leaves the manager free to focus on the team getting results. Also means if a manger leaves we're not ripping it up and starting again.

I can also see why they're doing it (cynicism aside).

I just can't see why they're doing it now.....

As I've said before, I'd have preferred to get McLeish in now until the end of the season, then we can look at managerial revamps like a DoF and Head Coach combo over the summer.

Signing a Head Coach before a DoF also seems the wrong way round, and by conducting the search at this point in the season we've limited the pool of potential candidates available to us.

I like the thought of a DoF in principal but don't think it's the right way to go at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

DOF and first team coach aren't linked.

DOF runs day to day football operations and deals with transfer dealings etc.

First team coach deals with the first team.

So it's not a big deal if one comes before the other or if one leaves and the other stays.

I know all of this. So I don't see the outcry if a Manager comes before a DOF. Which was my point.

53 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I'm confused. I thought Pedro was to be OUR manager, not the Tim's.

Too much shite-baggery amongst the support atm. On the radio the other afternoon there was an advert for SSB and it was a soundbite from a "Rangers fan" telling his fear ahead of Sunday etc, about how he has never felt like this heading into a derby.

Ridiculous wee lassie statement. Where the fuck has the no surrender, "fight until the day is done" attitude gone?

With the attitude of that "supporter" we're already beat. However, they are beatable and we can do it on Sunday. 

Keep believing, as big Marv would say!!

16 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

All good in hindsight but with the budget we will probably have , its a dream 

16 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I bet you got banned from FF for being a taig, also Mcinnes has had great success in europe hasn't he ??

I got banned for saying McCoist wasn't good enough about 12 months before that was acceptable. 

Why? So he can get us put out off of some Kazakhstan mob like he did last year? 

You mean that team bankrolled by a gas billionaire with the likes of Arshavin playing for them? Helps to know what you're talking about.

Why didn't you mention him thrashing the Croatian league leaders 3-0 away in their only home defeat for 90 odd matches and knocking out the Dutch team as well. With the resources he has is basically miraculous.

No but bring in this nobody cos he has a fancy name.

6 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Too much shite-baggery amongst the support atm. On the radio the other afternoon there was an advert for SSB and it was a soundbite from a "Rangers fan" telling his fear ahead of Sunday etc, about how he has never felt like this heading into a derby.

Ridiculous wee lassie statement. Where the fuck has the no surrender, "fight until the day is done" attitude gone?

With the attitude of that "supporter" we're already beat. However, they are beatable and we can do it on Sunday. 

Keep believing, as big Marv would say!!

Phone ins are always full of weirdos

7 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

I got banned for saying McCoist wasn't good enough about 12 months before that was acceptable. 

A ban from FF is a Badge of honour on here for some, I got banned for suggesting he was as much a money grabber as the rest, I was proved right.

8 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Phone ins are always full of weirdos

You said it mate. Every chance it wasn't even one of us, but nonetheless get torn into the bastards - that's my attitude:tu:

27 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

As I've said before, I'd have preferred to get McLeish in now until the end of the season, then we can look at managerial revamps like a DoF and Head Coach combo over the summer.

Signing a Head Coach before a DoF also seems the wrong way round, and by conducting the search at this point in the season we've limited the pool of potential candidates available to us.

I like the thought of a DoF in principal but don't think it's the right way to go at this point in time.

Dead on - it's as if they thought 'we've lost our manager, let's go get another manager & a DoF while we're at it!'

8 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

You mean that team bankrolled by a gas billionaire with the likes of Arshavin playing for them? Helps to know what you're talking about.

Why didn't you mention him thrashing the Croatian league leaders 3-0 away in their only home defeat for 90 odd matches and knocking out the Dutch team as well. With the resources he has is basically miraculous.

No but bring in this nobody cos he has a fancy name.

Gees peace mate. Kairat are fuckin pish. Arshavin didn't play against Aberdeen. They had a couple bog standard Serbs, a 37 year old Tymoshchuk and the rest were Kazakhstan boys. Yer billionaire owner spends next to nothing for them, hasn't spent more than 500k in one season. 

Rijeka was a no bad result, give him that. But he is a bang average manager. 

Pedro got Santos to the CONCACAF Champions League final, I'd say thats a wee tiny bit more impressive nah? Pumped a LA Galaxy team 4-0 which included containing Gerrard, De Jong and Keane on the way to the final. 

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Maybe if we had a decent DoF in charge, Warburton wouldn't have been allowed to bring in all the duds he did, I think that's one reason the board are making this move, don't want to waste their cash again.

Hmmmmmm