***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

19 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Great insight from McCoist :megaanguish:

With respect this process has been going for 4 weeks on Friday and I haven't heard 1 fan or Rangers employee say it would solve anything...Its probably a "journalist" assuming things again !

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, KingKirk said:

With respect this process has been going for 4 weeks on Friday and I haven't heard 1 fan or Rangers employee say it would solve anything...Its probably a "journalist" assuming things again !

Think it's just McCoist being completely out of touch with the fans opinions on it. Fuck McCoist anyway

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think a DOF is just putting a plaster on the problem too.

We need a strong manager at the moment not more hierarchy that people can blame when things don't work.

A plaster on what problem? our issues are financially not something a DOF will be able to sort 

With  or without a DOF or manager we need investment 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Only if whoever is brought in is given the money to do it.

Building the sort of networks that guys like Wilson and Mitchell have at Spurs and Southpton will have cost millions of pounds and although we won't be investing anywhere near that amount in it there is going to have to be some money put in to build a network otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

The question should be asked of King and Robertson as to why a scouting network does not already exist.  The subject was identified as a problem before the King Board took control.   McParland was recruited and has now left - did he leave having done insufficient work to create a scouting network?   

If we really still do not have a fully functioning, or nearly fully functioning scouting network after all the time this Board has had, and after all the time Robertson has had, then I suggest this is a significant failing.   The Board, and the MD, should have set specific targets to be accomplished for building a scouting network.  If they have not done so or if they have rested on the work of a single McParland flying solo and with no legacy to leave behind of a network in place or part-built then it really should be Robertson and King that are called to account. 

Whatever the budget to be made available to a new DOF for scouting and recruitment purposes if he is starting from scratch then imo it is act of mismanagement and rank poor direction by Robertson and King for allowing it to happen.  

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't take that question seriously 

Why not? He has 7.5 years experience as a manager another 7 as assistant in multiple leagues in different continents. He has won an extremely difficult to win league, and two cups in Mexico taking his side to the final of the CONCACAF cup.

Why is it not serious question? I'm not saying he is or isnt a risk, am I asking you why you think McInnes isn't a risk? Should be fairly straightforward you seem pretty sure.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, KingKirk said:

Does that mean a dof wont be appointed just now? back to plan a

Yup basically, I can't be fucked with anything anymore. This board have fucked it for me

19 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

The tims are financially over the horizon. There is no 'chase' - even £20 million (fees + wages) probably wouldn't guarantee a serious title challenge much less Champions League money. So why gamble/waste £20 million if there's no possible return? There's no chance the new manager will get any significant money, not while they're strong and have rodgers in charge, it would just be chucking money away. If King et al DO have money then they'll wait until the odds are a bit better; until then we'll be operating on a shoestring (relative to celtic) and aiming to consolidate second place and financial stability. Any new manager/DoF will know this.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They don't even try to hide it!

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Risking another case of "I'll just call up people I know and have them come in" 

I'm seriously fucked off with this