Jump to content
Andy.little

***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Recommended Posts


Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Bertent said:

wonder if he was paid for the quote?

Greedy bastard doesn't do anything without money involved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Great insight from McCoist :megaanguish:

I think a DOF is just putting a plaster on the problem too.

We need a strong manager at the moment not more hierarchy that people can blame when things don't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

 

I think a DOF is just putting a plaster on the problem too.

We need a strong manager at the moment not more hierarchy that people can blame when things don't work.

For me the DoF does solve a major problem because he will (should) setup our own scouting network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

Have I said they should rush in to an appointment?

My point was the communication from the board has been shite as per.

The board communicated their intention of hiring a DOF and a head coach.

Then they went about doing interviews and due diligence in the shadows as it should be. 

Due to contractual issues and other clubs sniffing about they can't go public with all the candidates CVs and interview details.

The stall in my opinion is waiting on the candidates accepting and sorting out the release details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

For me the DoF does solve a major problem because he will (should) setup our own scouting network.

Only if whoever is brought in is given the money to do it.

Building the sort of networks that guys like Wilson and Mitchell have at Spurs and Southpton will have cost millions of pounds and although we won't be investing anywhere near that amount in it there is going to have to be some money put in to build a network otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Honestly can't believe the brass-neck of McCoist even thinking he deserves a say. And the problems in which he relates to, he was the biggest culprit in creating.

And still no book

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tims are financially over the horizon. There is no 'chase' - even £20 million (fees + wages) probably wouldn't guarantee a serious title challenge much less Champions League money. So why gamble/waste £20 million if there's no possible return? There's no chance the new manager will get any significant money, not while they're strong and have rodgers in charge, it would just be chucking money away. If King et al DO have money then they'll wait until the odds are a bit better; until then we'll be operating on a shoestring (relative to celtic) and aiming to consolidate second place and financial stability. Any new manager/DoF will know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if we didn't spend the best part of 3 years buying third-rate Greek players, unknown Brazilians and washed up SPL players looking for a pay-day, we wouldn't be so far behind in footballing terms. Fucking fat piece of shite can away and fuck himself

Not to mention how much money he took from us whilst sitting on his arse or playing golf with Lennnnyyy. Two-faced, backstabbing bastard of a man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Only if whoever is brought in is given the money to do it.

Building the sort of networks that guys like Wilson and Mitchell have at Spurs and Southpton will have cost millions of pounds and although we won't be investing anywhere near that amount in it there is going to have to be some money put in to build a network otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

Robertson said that on of the DoFs tasks would be to build that scouting network so we can only hope he will be given the funds to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

The tims are financially over the horizon. There is no 'chase' - even £20 million (fees + wages) probably wouldn't guarantee a serious title challenge much less Champions League money. So why gamble/waste £20 million if there's no possible return? There's no chance the new manager will get any significant money, not while they're strong and have rodgers in charge, it would just be chucking money away. If King et al DO have money then they'll wait until the odds are a bit better; until then we'll be operating on a shoestring (relative to celtic) and aiming to consolidate second place and financial stability. Any new manager/DoF will know this.

:taig:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Great insight from McCoist :megaanguish:

With respect this process has been going for 4 weeks on Friday and I haven't heard 1 fan or Rangers employee say it would solve anything...Its probably a "journalist" assuming things again !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lloyd72
Just now, KingKirk said:

With respect this process has been going for 4 weeks on Friday and I haven't heard 1 fan or Rangers employee say it would solve anything...Its probably a "journalist" assuming things again !

Think it's just McCoist being completely out of touch with the fans opinions on it. Fuck McCoist anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

 

I think a DOF is just putting a plaster on the problem too.

We need a strong manager at the moment not more hierarchy that people can blame when things don't work.

A plaster on what problem? our issues are financially not something a DOF will be able to sort 

With  or without a DOF or manager we need investment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...