***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Wasn't against the idea of a DOF? whos suggested a dof would solve anything ?

Board must be doing it for fun then, I have no idea whether it will solve anything, they must see the merits of it.

Doesn't seem to be happening now anyway, maybe Ally's comments convinced them :mutley:

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I'm seriously fucked off with this

There is clearly something going on with the board and how invested King actually is. 

He says he's a Rangers man yet he's doing fuck all, his head is in the sands of south africa. Apparently he has a networth of $930million chances are he doesn't want to lose money but he doesn't seem to understand that the whole thing with football is is you need to put a lot into it and then get something back when it comes to european football or champions league. That's the only way to make money and to get that money you have to first spend money in order to get a good team that can win the league and beat european teams.

It's a fucking debacle and it's going to continue for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Meaning they've failed to attract anyone to the position.

No doubt they're unwilling to stump up the cash to bring a decent DOF in and now they're backtracking.  Pathetic.

Incompetent pricks.

Mitchell in the summer...

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Everyone kidding on their upset :lol: 

Not upset as I didnt want it to begin with but it just makes us look even more of a mess of a club than we already are.

Folk coming out saying this is our vision and plan and now we can't attract anyone so will just shelve it and pretend everything will be fine.

We are run like a backstreet brothel

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Not upset as I didnt want it to begin with but it just makes us look even more of a mess of a club than we already are.

Folk coming out saying this is our vision and plan and now we can't attract anyone so will just shelve it and pretend everything will be fine.

We are run like a backstreet brothel

I meant in terms of as if they didn't see something like this coming GF. I envisaged this from the start, it's been a shitshow since the beginning 

29 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

The tims are financially over the horizon. There is no 'chase' - even £20 million (fees + wages) probably wouldn't guarantee a serious title challenge much less Champions League money. So why gamble/waste £20 million if there's no possible return? There's no chance the new manager will get any significant money, not while they're strong and have rodgers in charge, it would just be chucking money away. If King et al DO have money then they'll wait until the odds are a bit better; until then we'll be operating on a shoestring (relative to celtic) and aiming to consolidate second place and financial stability. Any new manager/DoF will know this.

And your manager is on the shopping list for Arsenal and apparently it's the "arse" bit that he fancies and would interest him the most.

17 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

So two managers he played under in the 80's/90's are the answer in 2017/ :lol: 

And you lost the right to refer to Rangers as 'us' the day you accepted gardening leave pay.

So it now seems to be being reported that a DOF is now relegated to become a horizon project.  

If correct then it looks like a classic case of a company setting out to recruit for a new important position to be filled.  But has not got enough of a clue about how to do it, who to target that might be within reach of the limited budget they have, and how to sell the job to sceptical candidates who've seen all too recently just how opportunistic the Directors can be in removing managers when they've had enough of custard cream football management that's not hitting all the right boxes.     

The reputation as Directors and as an MD is damaged by recent events and even more damaged if the sales pitch rested on only having a small transfer budget to play with to bring about a transformational change in fortunes.     Put shortly - they seem to have overreached in their ambition and the DOF candidate market is bringing them to heel.

It risks shaping up to be another fine King-inspired mess.      

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Mitchell said he's interested so why is everyone getting all raging or have I missed something?

Apparently we're not going for a DoF right now

We should never have leaked it to the press we were interested in Wilson pretty obvious we are now going for candidate B as such. Fucking stupid. With the muppets in charge of the club not a shock that we're making an absolute clusterfuck out of this 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Apparently we're not going for a DoF right now

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We aint making a appointment just now it seems all part of a bigger project the DOF role 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

It's the backtracking from the board that has royally fucked me off.

I'd imagine it's now a longer term project because Mitchell is on gardening leave and there isn't much we can do about that,or maybe there is I have no idea how all the legal mumbo jumbo works.

But admittedly that seems far too straight forward for our club,we never do things the proper way we always have to make an arse of everything.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Our problems are more than financial. McParland and Warburton both did a shit job but you can't rebuild the entire infrastructure of a club without significant investment, just like you can't build a team to challenge celtic without significant investment either.

It's all fine and well interviewing names like Paul Mitchell and Ross Wilson but are they going to make a real difference when they have been scouting players who cost tens of millions of pounds at clubs who invest millions into their structure when in all likelihood we are going to give them pennies to work with?

People can dress it up whatever way they want but in my opinion this whole DOF is a plaster over the fact that the board don't have the finances required to take us to where we need to be and they are now just throwing anything at the wall in the hope that it sticks and comes off and if it doesn't they have a ready made fall guy in the DOF.

I've said from the off that a manager who can walk in and command instant authority and set the demands of the club is exactly what we need right now but the problem with appointing a manager like that is that they would see right through the board and either call them out on their bullshit or tell them to GTF.

Until I'm proven otherwise that's my stance on it and it has been since Warburton was sacked.

Wasted your time now mate DOF not happening supposedly :lol:

Quite embarrassing if we can't get Mitchell in due to a legal technicality. Fucking point in interviewing him then? :lol:

I was quite excited about the new manager etc but if we can't appoint a DOF who deals exclusively with transfers etc then it really does only mean one thing- a lack of financial backing.