***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It's the backtracking from the board that has royally fucked me off.

How have they backtracked? For all we know they could still be looking for a DoF. All we actually know is their first choice declined.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Quite embarrassing if we can't get Mitchell in due to a legal technicality. Fucking point in interviewing him then? :lol:

I was quite excited about the new manager etc but if we can't appoint a DOF who deals exclusively with transfers etc then it really does only mean one thing- a lack of financial backing. 

He was interviewed weeks ago and has only been placed on gardening leave today.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'd imagine it's now a longer term project because Mitchell is on gardening leave and there isn't much we can do about that,or maybe there is I have no idea how all the legal mumbo jumbo works.

But admittedly that seems far too straight forward for our club,we never do things the proper way we always have to make an arse of everything.

The way King spoke about the DOF situation shortly after W&W left I think led most to believe that we were looking to bring someone in ASAP.  And it's now common knowledge that we spoke to Wilson and offered him the role, and we're now interested in this Mitchell guy.

It may just be the way I'm interpreting it, but the board now saying "it's a long term project" after being reportedly being turned down twice by Wilson is them backtracking on what they said.

It sounds like they've tried and failed to bring someone in and they are now trying to cover their own backs.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was interviewed weeks ago and has only been placed on gardening leave today.

I read it in this thread a couple of nights ago he had left Spurs completely. It was from a couple of journos on twitter. It was the day the Dude said Wilson wasn't coming so I put 2+2 together and thought it's ok Mitchell will come in and we won't need to pay as he's left. 

It's becoming a bit annoying now that it's a longer wait if he's sitting in the house doing nothing anyway. 

Can you not join another club on gardening leave? Is that not what Billy Davies is on?

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

How have they backtracked? For all we know they could still be looking for a DoF. All we actually know is their first choice declined.

King spoke out shortly after W&W walked and made out like we were looking to bring in a DOF in along with a new manager ASAP.

Now all of a sudden they're saying it's a long term project, after reportedly being turned down twice by Wilson.

Clear backtracking to me.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The way King spoke about the DOF situation shortly after W&W left I think led most to believe that we were looking to bring someone in ASAP.  And it's now common knowledge that we spoke to Wilson and offered him the role, and we're now interested in this Mitchell guy.

It may just be the way I'm interpreting it, but the board now saying "it's a long term project" after being reportedly being turned down twice by Wilson is them backtracking on what they said.

It sounds like they've tried and failed to bring someone in and they are now trying to cover their own backs.

Bring in Mitchell now and he will be classed as sloppy seconds.

Get him in the summer and he will be first choice.

I was moaning about people making up their own stories earlier  on but is it a coincidence that within the past 24 hours we've given up on a DOF for now, Pedro's move has been held up and now Stewart Milne's stance has softened from "we wouldn't welcome an approach for McInnes" to "we'd have to speak to McInnes about it if one was made"? :sherlock: 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

King spoke out shortly after W&W walked and made out like we were looking to bring in a DOF in along with a new manager ASAP.

Now all of a sudden they're saying it's a long term project, after reportedly being turned down twice by Wilson.

Long term because they can't get the 2nd option now

Just now, KingKirk said:

How does leave work will spurs still be owed money if we went for him now? maybe thats why we are waiting till the summer 

You would think Spurs would rather he took up a role now than pay him gardening leave, I would have thought they'd waive any compensation if any due at all. Phil might be quite happy to play golf for a few months.

13 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It's the backtracking from the board that has royally fucked me off.

IMO they've applied the wisdom of inexperience and arrogance and the DOF market seems to be telling them which way is up.  Result...... a dose of the vapours and retreating for the cover of it being a 'tomorrow' project.   

While its right to draw stumps if they can't recruit someone suitable, the bigger issue by far is how realistic, credible and well thought through was the plan to go for a DOF in the first case.    Too much ivory tower thinking perhaps, and then laced with a dose of panic when Warburton resigned which forced them to take premature decisions and act when they weren't ready to do so.  That's how it seems to me as news of a delay emerges.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

They didn't say that, it could be a bullshit tweet.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I was moaning about people making up their own stories earlier  on but is it a coincidence that within the past 24 hours we've given up on a DOF for now, Pedro's move has been held up and now Stewart Milne's stance has softened from "we wouldn't welcome an approach for McInnes" to "we'd have to speak to McInnes about it if one was made"? :sherlock: 

I'd be fuckin delighted if this happened.. I have always said I believe he'd get our club back to how we know it   

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

IMO they've applied the wisdom of inexperience and arrogance and the DOF market seems to be telling them which way is up.  Result...... a dose of the vapours and retreating for the cover of it being a 'tomorrow' project.   

While its right to draw stumps if they can't recruit someone suitable, the bigger issue by far is how realistic, credible and well thought through was the plan to go for a DOF in the first case.    Too much ivory tower thinking perhaps, and then laced with a dose of panic when Warburton resigned which forced them to take premature decisions and act when they weren't ready to do so.  That's how it seems to me as news of a delay emerges.  

Spot on :tu: 

It seems like they all of a sudden fancied the idea of a DOF because it was trendy.

It's not been thought through properly IMO and it's showing.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You would think Spurs would rather he took up a role now than pay him gardening leave, I would have thought they'd waive any compensation if any due at all. Phil might be quite happy to play golf for a few months.

Levy will make him suffer imo