***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Anyone else wondering , that if we had decided to put the DoF on the backburner earlier , we could have put the money towards a higher calibre of football manager . 

What's this money stuff you speak of ?

I would like to know why anyone on here can claim someone is an excellent or very poor choice for Director of Football?

We were told in the last 18 months about all the gems of players who were in the English 1st Division. What success have these players had?

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Its no as simple as that

It should have been a consideration . 

Dont get me wrong , I quite fancy the DoF role , but they must have known that the price of going down that road was less money for a manager . Now they appoint one , they decide not to go down that route . The best you could say about that , if it is indeed true , is its a bit of a fuck up . 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, gmcf said:

Dont get me wrong , I quite fancy the DoF role , but they must have known that the price of going down that road was less money for a manager . Now they appoint one , they decide not to go down that route . The best you could say about that , if it is indeed true , is its a bit of a fuck up . 

I think they'll still be going down that route it's just not our priority right now for some reason

Just now, the goal machine said:

Said to my mate earlier on it makes sense for him to be unveiled on Friday morning/afternoon.

Just now, gmcf said:

One person has said its a long term project, if we went off what one person said the last few weeks we'd have about 50 managers by now. DOFS salaries are probably around £400k for our level, so say add that on to the manager salary, is the level in manager going to be that much better? Theres more to it than just salary anyway, is there anyone available in that price bracket, are they willing to come to Scotland, would they want to work with this squad under tight finances, its not as basic as we have more money so we can get a better manager

3 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Would have preferred McInnes but fuck it lets all get right behind the guy. We have our very own Matador. Welcome to Ibrox Pedro the Great :UK: 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think they'll still be going down that route it's just not our priority right now for some reason

I'm probably just pissed off right now with the whole thing , but something just doesn't sit right , that all of a sudden it all just changes . Has Wilson opened their eyes to what's involved ? How many were interviewed for it ? Why put it on the shelf when Mitchell becomes more available ? Will this be another ' Nomad ' situation ? 

Im not actually asking you those questions , like I say just pissed off that nearly a month down the line and it's still a mess . 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

it has been suggested in this thread we now see the dof as a longer term project

This is all off the back of one tweet from a Radio Clyde bird. I'll wait and see what transpires before joining the pitchforks mob

10 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

One person has said its a long term project, if we went off what one person said the last few weeks we'd have about 50 managers by now. DOFS salaries are probably around £400k for our level, so say add that on to the manager salary, is the level in manager going to be that much better? Theres more to it than just salary anyway, is there anyone available in that price bracket, are they willing to come to Scotland, would they want to work with this squad under tight finances, its not as basic as we have more money so we can get a better manager

I accept its only what one person has said and they may be wrong . But if they're not , it doesn't look clever on us . SR announces we're going for DoF and a few weeks later we appear to change our minds . Very amateurish I'm afraid . As you say , it may be wrong though . 

6 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

:taig:

Well I don't call people names, Lloyd. I call a situation like it seems to me, for better or worse. But if you want to point out where you disagree with my post, and any alternative solutions, I'm all ears.

Guest Lloyd72
26 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

Well I don't call people names, Lloyd. I call a situation like it seems to me, for better or worse. But if you want to point out where you disagree with my post, and any alternative solutions, I'm all ears.

I disagree with your post because you are an obsessed cunt