***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely we didnt get a manager to talk to us without us agreeing something with his current club first

Thats snake like behaviour is it not? 

I read they want him to stay until the end of the season but we want him now.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

:britney::panic:

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

giphy.gif

Wasn't he with Bayern? Can't be that bad surely

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye and if you don't think a huge amount of our fans will be on holiday come.those dates and are going to change their summer holidays then you're off your head. Champions league qualifiers didn't sell put till the August ones.

Folk will not rush to see us play junesse each.

BTW I'll be there an not away till October 

True, I'll be on holiday during the first leg sadly. 

41 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree that fans won't cancel there holidays, but I see them attending at least one game to support the club. There's also the TV money that will help balance the books for our Europa matches.

We have never had great attendances in the qualifiers for CL never mind the fucking Europa Leauge. 

It's not going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Still hoping it's all been a fucking huge wind up and that this cunt gets nowhere near ibrox.

Don't think it will happen. Just read that a report that we are supposedly giving him a 3 year deal at 800k. Why the fuck would the board take that risk.

11 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

A discussion has been had between @Lloyd72 and a few others including myself.

We've came to the agreement that you are a taig. 

Okay well that makes my continued posting on this site untenable, so this is the final one. But it doesn't change what I've said about our club since coming here; that we are losing money and continuing to wish for 'investment' is just a pipe dream. Lean years, which should have started in 2012, are now being forced on us. Now is the time to really pull together and support the board because Plan B is a Grimm fairy tale that has Mike Ashley on the final page.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

Okay well that makes my continued posting on this site untenable, so this is the final one. But it doesn't change what I've said about our club since coming here; that we are losing money and continuing to wish for 'investment' is just a pipe dream. Lean years, which should have started in 2012, are now being forced on us. Now is the time to really pull together and support the board because Plan B is a Grimm fairy tale that has Mike Ashley on the final page.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

Man up ya wee poof

18 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

What's your problem with "this cunt"?

the fact that we were promised a "winner" of "the highest calibre", and we end up with this cunt who was nearly our assistant manager a couple of seasons ago. a cunt who is dossing around sitting in 5th place in the Qatar league, who none of us had heard of until now, who has no exposure to the style of play here, let alone Britain. how proven is he? have you seen how the league title works in mexico? its a fucking farce with playoffs and all manner of shite. 

how can someone come from mexico and qatar and be expected to know the european market in its current state having been so, so, so far removed from it for several years? you honestly think that had this name been trotted out at the start of this process, that the fans would have been happy about it, collectively?

away and shite. IMO this is a fucking terrible appointment and i genuinely cannot see him lasting more than a season before he is hunted.

23 minutes ago, KWBear said:

the fact that we were promised a "winner" of "the highest calibre", and we end up with this cunt who was nearly our assistant manager a couple of seasons ago. a cunt who is dossing around sitting in 5th place in the Qatar league, who none of us had heard of until now, who has no exposure to the style of play here, let alone Britain. how proven is he? have you seen how the league title works in mexico? its a fucking farce with playoffs and all manner of shite. 

how can someone come from mexico and qatar and be expected to know the european market in its current state having been so, so, so far removed from it for several years? you honestly think that had this name been trotted out at the start of this process, that the fans would have been happy about it, collectively?

away and shite. IMO this is a fucking terrible appointment and i genuinely cannot see him lasting more than a season before he is hunted.

I agree but without the sweary words. (i'm a lady) I would like to know who put his name forward? Why are we looking abroad when there's English managers with better cv's, that we could sign for the same amount of money being offered to Pedro? I'm beginning to wonder if we're being snubbed by managers because of the statement the English football managers association gave on behalf of Warbs

None of what has been promised has been delivered. A proven winner. High calibre. We are getting Pedro Caixinha. 

Report in the Evening Times has quotes from a Qatar sports correspondent who works for BeIN sports, who mentions that his current club attracts an average home gate of 400.

He will have had to change his philosophy of when the players eat and come in and how they train. He will have had to leave them plenty of time to pray. If he’s in charge over Ramadan you need to take that into account as it can clash with games. Some players will fast and some will be unable to play.

“It’s just whether or not the style of Scottish football suits him. It’s much more physical than what he is used to based on his last few jobs, particularly Garafah."

Sounds like a perfect fit. 

Wait, there's more! 

"One of the problems of managing out here is you are restricted due to local quotas. It’s not like you are able to go out into the transfer market and bring in more than a few players. We haven’t really seen what you would say is his influence or firepower in the transfer market due to local quotas. It’ll be interesting when he gets to a club like Rangers and he can bring in who he likes to see who he exactly wants to sign.

“He’s in full control, theoretically, of the infrastructure. He is the manager. But one of the problems is that even though there is no director of football, you are very much bound by the locals in Doha whether they are Sheikhs or Royalty or influential figures behind the club. Al Thani will effectively, as the President, have final say on everything. If he likes the manager, it could be the case Pedro will say ‘I want X amount and be left to it’ but there are scenarios where the owner, and President Al Thani in particular, will tell him who to play".

Fantastic stuff. I'm just absolutely baffled that we apparently had over 60 applicants, yet we end up with a no mark who is managing (badly) in Qatar. This fucking stinks. 

What decent Professional Manager/ DOF is going to look at us when we are being run at the top by unprofessional people and a chairman who is a convicted criminal. After the Warburton fiasco any slim chance we had has gone. I am sure all the English managers are well aware of Warburton's side of the story about King etc. and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole currently.

On Thu Mar 02 2017 at 8:26 AM, DBBTB said:
1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Are they not the same person?

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'm sure they are...

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Somecunt tried to say me and Roberton were the same person, so a hope not :lol:

Sorry ForeverAndEver, I think it was me who suggested you, Lloyd72, RFCRobertson & somebody else were either the same person or, you all sat together in one of your bedrooms. It was because you all have the same opinions & collectively seem to contribute simultaneously to the same threads. Apologies if I'm mistaken. Please keep up the entertainment guys.