***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 minute ago, saltire266 said:

What decent Professional manager is going to look at us when we are being run at the top buy unprofessional people and a chairman who is a convicted criminal. After the Warburton fiasco any slim chance we had has gone. I am sure all the English managers are well aware of Warburton's side of the story about King etc. and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole currently

that's like me saying that i wont go on holiday to spain because another scottish person got their wallet nicked when they were there, and consequently had a shit time. 

utter fucking nonsense from you.

4 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

What decent Professional Manager/ DOF is going to look at us when we are being run at the top by unprofessional people and a chairman who is a convicted criminal. After the Warburton fiasco any slim chance we had has gone. I am sure all the English managers are well aware of Warburton's side of the story about King etc. and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole currently.

Do they have union rules?

3 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

What decent Professional manager is going to look at us when we are being run at the top buy unprofessional people and a chairman who is a convicted criminal. After the Warburton fiasco any slim chance we had has gone. I am sure all the English managers are well aware of Warburton's side of the story about King etc. and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole currently

Clearly not the case - see Gary Rowatt for example, or the 80 (I think was the number) or so other applicants. 

No manager in their right mind will give a fuck about MW's exit (which I actually think was his fault, and no one else's). 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Clearly not the case - see Gary Rowatt for example, or the 80 (I think was the number) or so other applicants. 

No manager in their right mind will give a fuck about MW's exit (which I actually think was his fault, and no one else's)

Yes they will :lol: 

Anyone thinking about taking a position on is going to look at what happened previously and how it was dealt with. That's just common sense..... 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No manager in their right mind will give a fuck about MW's exit (which I actually think was his fault, and no one else's). 

80 applicants like Lee McCulloch or Davies or other run of the mill shite ???? is there actually 80 decent Managers around ??

10 minutes ago, KWBear said:

None of what has been promised has been delivered. A proven winner. High calibre. We are getting Pedro Caixinha. 

Report in the Evening Times has quotes from a Qatar sports correspondent who works for BeIN sports, who mentions that his current club attracts an average home gate of 400.

He will have had to change his philosophy of when the players eat and come in and how they train. He will have had to leave them plenty of time to pray. If he’s in charge over Ramadan you need to take that into account as it can clash with games. Some players will fast and some will be unable to play.

“It’s just whether or not the style of Scottish football suits him. It’s much more physical than what he is used to based on his last few jobs, particularly Garafah."

Sounds like a perfect fit. 

Wait, there's more! 

"One of the problems of managing out here is you are restricted due to local quotas. It’s not like you are able to go out into the transfer market and bring in more than a few players. We haven’t really seen what you would say is his influence or firepower in the transfer market due to local quotas. It’ll be interesting when he gets to a club like Rangers and he can bring in who he likes to see who he exactly wants to sign.

“He’s in full control, theoretically, of the infrastructure. He is the manager. But one of the problems is that even though there is no director of football, you are very much bound by the locals in Doha whether they are Sheikhs or Royalty or influential figures behind the club. Al Thani will effectively, as the President, have final say on everything. If he likes the manager, it could be the case Pedro will say ‘I want X amount and be left to it’ but there are scenarios where the owner, and President Al Thani in particular, will tell him who to play".

Fantastic stuff. I'm just absolutely baffled that we apparently had over 60 applicants, yet we end up with a no mark who is managing (badly) in Qatar. This fucking stinks. 

What are you talking about? We're clearly not hiring him because of the job he has done in Qatar. Do you think he went there for footballing reasons? 

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

What are you talking about? We're clearly not hiring him because of the job he has done in Qatar. Do you think he went there for footballing reasons? 

I'm talking about hiring someone qualified. 

this is the same thing as me going for a job as director of equities at Goldman Sachs, having decided to just piss around as a teller at Barclays for the last few years because the salary was tasty.

Utterly unqualified. of course im not entitled to my opinion though because im not head in the sand loyal, and because i think this bloke will be a fucking car crash. 

wise up. 

Just now, saltire266 said:

80 applicants like Lee McCulloch or Davies or other run of the mill shite ???? is there actually 80 decent Managers around ??

How many of these are confirmed as being approached? How many made the interview process? How many changed their minds after having the interview? 

10 minutes ago, KWBear said:

None of what has been promised has been delivered. A proven winner. High calibre. We are getting Pedro Caixinha. 

Report in the Evening Times has quotes from a Qatar sports correspondent who works for BeIN sports, who mentions that his current club attracts an average home gate of 400.

He will have had to change his philosophy of when the players eat and come in and how they train. He will have had to leave them plenty of time to pray. If he’s in charge over Ramadan you need to take that into account as it can clash with games. Some players will fast and some will be unable to play.

“It’s just whether or not the style of Scottish football suits him. It’s much more physical than what he is used to based on his last few jobs, particularly Garafah."

Sounds like a perfect fit. 

Wait, there's more! 

"One of the problems of managing out here is you are restricted due to local quotas. It’s not like you are able to go out into the transfer market and bring in more than a few players. We haven’t really seen what you would say is his influence or firepower in the transfer market due to local quotas. It’ll be interesting when he gets to a club like Rangers and he can bring in who he likes to see who he exactly wants to sign.

“He’s in full control, theoretically, of the infrastructure. He is the manager. But one of the problems is that even though there is no director of football, you are very much bound by the locals in Doha whether they are Sheikhs or Royalty or influential figures behind the club. Al Thani will effectively, as the President, have final say on everything. If he likes the manager, it could be the case Pedro will say ‘I want X amount and be left to it’ but there are scenarios where the owner, and President Al Thani in particular, will tell him who to play".

Fantastic stuff. I'm just absolutely baffled that we apparently had over 60 applicants, yet we end up with a no mark who is managing (badly) in Qatar. This fucking stinks. 

You assume he's managing badly because his team is 5th? how well do you know Qatari league? It's a bit like saying whoever is managing Hertha Berlin must be poor cause his teams 5th in Bundesliga. 

You know it's not because you know the league and the budgets of the teams around them so who's to say 5th isn't a decent position for Al-Gharafa? The boy that the daily rebel interviewed who works for TV over there said that it's the best Al-Gharafa team he's seen in years.

Not getting away from the fact it's a risk of course it is and no getting away from the fact it's well left field. Sad state of affairs that all the names mentioned I'd rather take a punt on the unknown.

9 minutes ago, OhW said:

What is it with you and terrible analogies?

:belm:

mate im sorry, really am - you're totally right. this guy is brilliant and is the best manager we could have got. 

apologies for my terrible analogies, really appreciate you setting me straight mate. good man. 

We keep hearing about how ambitious Caixhna is and how he wants to manage in Europe and what not so it begs the question why didn't he use the success he had in Mexico as a platform to get a job in Europe and why did he end up managing some two bit mob in Qatar?

I know that people will say he went to Qatar for the money, and when you get offered two million a year tax free it probaby plays a part, but the fact he's taken a pay cut and waived bonuses to get a move here suggests to me that he isn't even motivated by money so was it just a case that no clubs in Europe wanted him despite the fact that he was successful there?

I really hope he does well but with the boards track record so far I don't think they have a master stroke in them and everything about this is pointing towards being a disaster.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

I didn't say I agreed that English managers won't come near us because of what happened to Warburton. I'm saying you are bad at analogies. 

that's absolutely fine mate, appreciate the critique of my analogies, you're right though - the poster said that english managers wouldnt come to us because of warburton (who is also english) telling them all that we are a clusterfuck. 

makes total sense to me now. im sorry. there's nothing stupid about that at all, nothing! we're only Rangers after all eh! who the fuck would want to come here! 

Caixinha is the man to win us 55. Onwards and upwards, cheers to Dave King!

sorry, have to edit: i cannot believe that you are daft enough not to see the intentional parallel between a stupid as fuck statement, and an utterly inane analogy. Fuckwit loyal. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We keep hearing about how ambitious Caixhna is and how he wants to manage in Europe and what not so it begs the question why didn't he use the success he had in Mexico as a platform to get a job in Europe and why did he end up managing some two bit mob in Qatar?

I know that people will say he went to Qatar for the money, and when you get offered two million a year tax free it probaby plays a part, but the fact he's taken a pay cut and waived bonuses to get a move here suggests to me that he isn't even motivated by money so was it just a case that no clubs in Europe wanted him despite the fact that he was successful there?

I really hope he does well but with the boards track record so far I don't think they have a master stroke in them and everything about this is pointing towards being a disaster.

Might have had offers but seen the chance to set himself and his family up for life for doing a couple years work?

I duno, think i'm kidding myself on in the desperate hope that it's not going to be a disaster. We can't afford another disaster.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Big Al II said:

You are a revolutionary, on here at least well done Robertson.

Changing the world one post at a time

Just now, OhW said:

I said that I didn't agree with that poster. If teams like Leeds, Blackburn and Villa can get managers like Monk and Bruce with the state they are in then I'm sure we could attract a fairly decent English manager. 

Your last couple of paragraphs make you look stupid. 

:lol:

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'm dreading the run in to the end of the season with the way cunts are acting on here.

There's people on here almost wanting him to fail so they can have more shit to moan about

29 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I'm talking about hiring someone qualified. 

this is the same thing as me going for a job as director of equities at Goldman Sachs, having decided to just piss around as a teller at Barclays for the last few years because the salary was tasty.

Utterly unqualified. of course im not entitled to my opinion though because im not head in the sand loyal, and because i think this bloke will be a fucking car crash. 

wise up. 

:lol: Calm down, calm down. Nobody is saying you aren't entitled to your opinion.

However you're hitting us with quotes regarding the structure of a Qatar club he is at purely for the lifestyle and money to show why he isn't good enough. 

I was in the same camp as you at first but I'm obviously going to give this "cunt" a chance. He is a better option than McLeish, McInnes and probably Rowatt at least. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

There's people on here almost wanting him to fail so they can have more shit to moan about

I am definitely not wanting him to fail. I'd love for me to be completely wrong and to eat my words along with a huge slice of humble pie, but my opinion at this stage just wont be changed. 

i'll back the team, as always, and call them out when they're shite, as always. i just cannot for the life of me see how this guy can possibly be considered the best option available to us when looking at his managerial record. 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Admittedly I've been one of the most negative posters on here for the better part of a year now,(rightly so imo) but the guy has to be given a chance.

This highest calibre possible talk,out of all the names that have been mentioned there is only ONE candidate who you could put in that category,if he even was a candidate to begin with.. 

Also I doubt you'd be hearing that argument if it were McInnes ready to come in e.g

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I am definitely not wanting him to fail. I'd love for me to be completely wrong and to eat my words along with a huge slice of humble pie, but my opinion at this stage just wont be changed. 

i'll back the team, as always, and call them out when they're shite, as always. i just cannot for the life of me see how this guy can possibly be considered the best option available to us when looking at his managerial record. 

We can't say if he's the best candidate or not because we don't know who applied.