***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, PRW. said:

:lol: Calm down, calm down. Nobody is saying you aren't entitled to your opinion.

However you're hitting us with quotes regarding the structure of a Qatar club he is at purely for the lifestyle and money to show why he isn't good enough. 

I was in the same camp as you at first but I'm obviously going to give this "cunt" a chance. He is a better option than McLeish, McInnes and probably Rowatt at least. 

i agree he is better than those options, but why when we have had supposedly had 60 applicants, are those the only names that we are led to believe are available to us? 

nobody can tell me that there aren't better options that we could have pushed the boat out for. 

the quotes from the BeIN sports correspondent who knows the game over there are, IMO, relevant. How can he be expected to know the transfer market when he hasnt been allowed to move in it for the last 18 months? how can the experience of working under a chairman who picks the team possibly help him at rangers? how can sitting 5th in the league with no real pressure, and an easy lifestyle translate to HAVING to win every game where defeat is utterly unacceptable? 

he ticks no boxes for me, not one single box. with the last several years having been a fucking disaster i fear the worst and i am deeply, deeply concerned that this is another atrocious decision made by a board who are not fit for purpose. its appalling IMO as we needed a candidate who would unite the support, not one leaving us scratching our heads. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

We can't say if he's the best candidate or not because we don't know who applied.

I dont even think it matters who applied, if we want someone, make it happen. It's Rangers, and King did promise "over investment" after all. surely the manager is one of the most important appointments? 

this line that we had a choice of Mcleish, mcinnes and rowett doesnt sit right with me. why couldnt we push the boat out and go for someone proven, whether in a job or out of one, after being promised "high calibre" and "proven winners". we're getting the exact opposite. 

i agree there will be limitations due to the nature of the game and the money on offer elsewhere, so i am not expecting fucking conte to browse in. but come on, caixinha? honestly?

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

i agree he is better than those options, but why when we have had supposedly had 60 applicants, are those the only names that we are led to believe are available to us? 

nobody can tell me that there aren't better options that we could have pushed the boat out for. 

the quotes from the BeIN sports correspondent who knows the game over there are, IMO, relevant. How can he be expected to know the transfer market when he hasnt been allowed to move in it for the last 18 months? how can the experience of working under a chairman who picks the team possibly help him at rangers? how can sitting 5th in the league with no real pressure, and an easy lifestyle translate to HAVING to win every game where defeat is utterly unacceptable? 

he ticks no boxes for me, not one single box. with the last several years having been a fucking disaster i fear the worst and i am deeply, deeply concerned that this is another atrocious decision made by a board who are not fit for purpose. its appalling IMO as we needed a candidate who would unite the support, not one leaving us scratching our heads. 

Not one single candidate mentioned would do that. The only one with a chance of doing that was De Boer and that was an absolute pipe dream from the beginning.

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

Why do people on here always go "I'm not entitled to an opinion" when someone questions their opinion? Nobody said you're not entitled to an opinion, get a grip KWBear and stop getting your panties in twist.

i was out last night and have the squirts. leave me alone. 

When I first saw his name linked with us I dismissed him immediately as one of those random guys who applies for every job going, ends up at the likes of Motherwell and is binned 6 months later as Scottish football is a complete culture shock.

Given his 'pedigree' I personally find it mind boggling that he is the best candidate, especially if the reports are true on what appears to be a very healthy salary for us. I suspect he talked a good game at his interview and told the interview panel exactly what they wanted to hear but if this goes tits up then we're looking at yet another payout and every member of the interview panel and board who sanctioned this should be removed immediately.

All we can do is hope the board have pulled out a masterstroke, given their track record I'm far from convinced but hopeful to be proved wrong.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Standard tabloids - their shovels must be worn out from all the digging they do to try and unrest us. A few days before an Old Firm as well...shocker.

Just now, KWBear said:

Because who do you really think is going to apply to become our manager? The tarriers are so far ahead on the pitch and off the pitch and our fans will berate whoever takes charge if they dont win the league no matter what the circumstances. Its not a very attractive job at this moment in time. 

You are focusing on his time in Qatar, which was almost a break for him, after doing a really good job in Mexico. He done so well with Santos Laguna that he ended up getting offered the Mexico job. 

You have your concerns and fair doos no going to get at you for that cos you've ever right to question it. He is a gamble, but every manager available to us is a gamble too.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They've no doubt been desperately attempting to dig something up about him for weeks.

30 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'm dreading the run in to the end of the season with the way cunts are acting on here.

He's going to have to win me over  because I'm not too enthusiastic about his appointment but I won't be judging him until he's had time to build his own team.

You'd have to be stupid as fuck to judge him based on what he does between now and the end of the season, but there's no doubt some people will. Murty's even been getting it tight from people and he's only a caretaker who didn't even want the job. :lol:

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He's going to have to win me over  because I'm not too enthusiastic about his appointment but I won't be judging him until he's had time to build his own team.

You'd have to be stupid as fuck to judge him based on what he does between now and the end of the season, but there's no doubt some people will. Murty's even been getting it tight from people's and he's only a caretaker who didn't even want that job. :lol:

That's a worry of mine - between now and the end of the season turns out to be atrocious (through no fault of his own), which could have a negative impact going into next season. 

he has a massive, MASSIVE job on his hands, i just wish it was a safer pair of hands as opposed to this guy and i wish king was true to his word about "over investing". 

he's dealt us up shit sandwiches for 2 years now and many still clap like seals any time his name is mentioned. Get out. 

Rangers directors held a summit with a bemused first-team squad and staff to assure them Pedro Caixinha is ready to lead the club out of crisis.

Record Sport understands Rangers MD Stewart Robertson and sidekick Andrew Dickson yesterday arrived at the players’ Auchenhowie HQ after training to bring them up to speed with their ongoing search for a new boss as well as a director of football.

And they confirmed top target Caixinha finally looks set to arrive in Glasgow ahead of Sunday’s Old Firm showdown with stand-in boss Graeme Murty also being told he’ll almost certainly still be calling the shots from the dugout at Celtic Park.

It’s likely Caixinha will be watching the match from a seat in the main stand before being officially installed as the club’s 16th manager next week, a month after Mark Warburton was forced 
out the door.

The players have been waiting for Caixinha to leave Qatari club Al-Ghafara since the beginning of this week but a series of delays have kept the 46-year-old in Doha as the financial details of his move to Scotland have been thrashed out.

Caixinha had hoped to spend the entire week working with the players and preparing them for a fourth derby of the season – on the back of three straight defeats to Celtic.

An already confused situation became even more chaotic on Tuesday night when we broke the news that Ross Wilson – the man Rangers wanted to fill the role of director of football – had officially turned them down more than a week after being offered the job.

Ally McCoist slams Rangers director of football plan and says it's 'absolute garbage' to think it will solve their problems

But Robertson and Dickson met the players to insist the board are making progress with their recruitment drive, just as Caixinha was tying up his own loose ends in the Persian Gulf.

As we revealed the Portuguese coach was still stuck in the desert yesterday, taking charge of Al-Gharafa’s reserves in a 10-1 romp over Umm Salal, while his contractual situation was being thrashed out.

Sources in the Middle East say he’s now been given permission to head to Scotland to put pen to paper on what’s believed to be a three-year deal.

But even if Caixinha does arrive in the next 24 hours, with only two training sessions remaining on Friday and Saturday, he is highly unlikely to take charge of the team this weekend.

Meanwhile, Rangers are set to turn their attention to a mystery candidate after Wilson turned down the chance to become director of football.

23 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Dave King’s Rangers plan will borrow from Celtic 

4105342538.jpg

Dave King favours Fergus McCann's model over David Murray's free-spending approach

THE man the Rangers fans see as their saviour says he is basing his rebuilding plan on Fergus McCann’s business model rather than following the riskier strategies employed by the Ibrox club’s former owner David Murray.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/dave-king-s-rangers-plan-will-borrow-from-celtic-1-3683577

13 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Absolute state of that rag. 

That piece was written by two journalists as well. Can you imagine two journalists coming together and coming up with that? :lol: It's not wonder that Scottish journalism is well and truly in the toilet.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

That piece was written by two journalists as well. Can you imagine two journalists coming together and coming up with that? :lol: It's not wonder that Scottish journalism is well and truly in the toilet.

Brutal mate just as bad as that piece by Jackson & Ralston today. Rangers players "bemused" and referred to Dickson as Robertsons "sidekick". Embarrassments.