***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

19 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Michael O'Neill was born on 5 July 1969 inPortadown, County Armagh, to parents Des and Patricia O'Neill.[1] Raised Catholic,[2] he briefly attended Presentation Convent Primary School before the family moved to Ballymena,County Antrim.[3] In Ballymena he attended All Saints Primary School and later St Louis Grammar School, where he won the Northern Ireland Schools FA Cup

This maybe an issue with some of our fans ?

Big difference between a catholic and a mhanky taig who supports Savco. 

22 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Michael O'Neill was born on 5 July 1969 inPortadown, County Armagh, to parents Des and Patricia O'Neill.[1] Raised Catholic,[2] he briefly attended Presentation Convent Primary School before the family moved to Ballymena,County Antrim.[3] In Ballymena he attended All Saints Primary School and later St Louis Grammar School, where he won the Northern Ireland Schools FA Cup

Never rated the guy :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

Lives in Glasgow i do know that but not sure he would take job or what we really want and need.

Edinburgh. 

He's an astute guy, very good chance he'll guide us to the WC finals, then his 'stock' will rise again. No doubt go to a good Club job then, just can't see him leaving now. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We'd be as well going the whole hog and get the real deal that is the Lemmon!

Apart from they're both Catholics from Northern Ireland, not even remotely comparable, except to rockets like yourself. 

26 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Pish!

Northern Ireland topped their group, so didn't matter a fuck about the format, they were still going through thanks to the Manager. 

The guy would be great for us at present,  gets the best outta very limited resources. Just look what he's instilled in Lafferty, who gives him 110% every game, and who's goals basically took us to France. He has instilled a real winning mentality and the players want to play and give him their all every game. While as before plenty were crying off with sicknotes

But sure he's a Catholic, so that would be more important to some than a manager who could actually get the team back on track and competing, winning, so that would never do ...

Big compensation though, plus he's a man of integrity, doubt he'd do a Sanchez and leave us mid qualifying, especially when he's got us into a great position again. 

They topped their qualification group yes! As I said it was an easier group than they have probably ever had.

The format of the actual Championships help them qualify.

As for him being catholic, I couldn't give a fuck what religion or where they are from as long as they got us back to the top.

42 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Did you watch the euros. NI were brilliant.

I personally didn't think they were brilliant for the whole Euro's. They had one great performance, one performance where McGovern kept them from getting a tanking and the first game was underwhelming and disappointing. As for the Wales game they were hanging on.

He would hardly inspire me. It's all opinions.

Sounds like a good shout to me, but would defer to fellow NI Bears on it. Don't know his background so would kinda depend on how they see it as to whether it could be a good idea or not. Catholic Northern Irish doesn't matter in itself.

So what say the Ulster Bears? (Siam69 seems to be pro so far)

1 minute ago, williamcarvel9 said:

They topped their qualification group yes! As I said it was an easier group than they have probably ever had.

The format of the actual Championships help them qualify.

As for him being catholic, I couldn't give a fuck what religion or where they are from as long as they got us back to the top.

I personally didn't think they were brilliant for the whole Euro's. They had one great performance, one performance where McGovern kept them from getting a tanking and the first game was underwhelming and disappointing. As for the Wales game they were hanging on.

He would hardly inspire me. It's all opinions.

How exactly did the format make it easier?

It made it easier for more teams to quality, we topped the group, so irrelevant.

Top seeds Greece imploding, plus our Manager working miracles with the team especially Lafferty got us there. What ranking did Romania have, Hungary didn't do to bad at the finals either. 

Also, we were, very, very unlucky against Wales. Hanging on, nonsense! 

But as you say, it's all about options. 

It won't happen anyway ...

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

How exactly did the format make it easier?

It made it easier for more teams to quality, we topped the group, so irrelevant.

Top seeds Greece imploding, plus our Manager working miracles with the team especially Lafferty got us there. What ranking did Romania have, Hungary didn't do to bad at the finals either. 

Also, we were, very, very unlucky against Wales. Hanging on, nonsense! 

But as you say, it's all about options. 

It won't happen anyway ...

The format during the ACTUAL Championships to progress into last 16 not the qualifying

13 hours ago, williamcarvel9 said:

The format during the ACTUAL Championships to progress into last 16 not the qualifying

No, you said the format of the actual Championship helped them QUALIFY!

So you don't think he did well to top the qualifying group, the first team ever from pot 4?

13 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Fuck that rancid bitter fenian bastard is this a wind up ????

Yep, so don't sweat it, don't put the Bucky bottle through the laptop just yet. 

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

What's he won mate? 

Northern Ireland win more than they lose nowadays. Hes instilled a winning mentality to that team. Their performance in the euros was fantastic. Just behind Wales for my team of the tournament.

Just now, gersandy said:

Northern Ireland win more than they lose nowadays. Hes instilled a winning mentality to that team. Their performance in the euros was fantastic. Just behind Wales for my team of the tournament.

Then he can go and manage Hearts or Aberdeen. There's no winning mentality. There's a hard work ethic and decent organisation of 11 players who take the field. They're not winners in the same sense Rangers and Celtic players and managers have to be. Sorry mate. 

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

So you don't think he did well to top the qualifying group, the first team ever from pot 4?

Yep, so don't sweat it, don't put the Bucky bottle through the laptop just yet. 

Don't drink Bucky ya rocket would just rather avoid rabid taigs as potential managers thanks or should we bite the bullet and go all out for TLB ?

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

What's wrong with going to a grammar school ?

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Don't drink Bucky ya rocket would just rather avoid rabid taigs as potential managers thanks or should we bite the bullet and go all out for TLB ?

Rabid taigs?

Are you sure you've got the right 'O'Neill, or is any Catholic from Northern Ireland a rabid Taig in your world, in fact, any Catholic at all?

Lennon and Michael O'Neill are in no way comparable, well, only to rockets who don't know that much about the difference in them ...

It's a no from me although I don't dislike him

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

I have no issues with O'Neil, unfortunately some of my fellow bears may have issues with his background. If he got the job he'd get my full backing regardless. 

What bagkground ???? If he is a beggar . It is a simple " no " for me

We have enough problems stopping beggars winning 10 without making it even easier .

No offence . I don't compare him to Rhodent no 1 but if he is a beggar from Ireland . NAW