***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

13 minutes ago, Sulla said:

Not when they're from this neck of the woods. No wonder the club is in the state it's in when so many of our own fans no longer understand our traditions.

Traditionally we were the Queens 11 but things change and we've had many tims recently. I'd rather have a winning team regardless of someones background.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Traditionally we were the Queens 11 but things change and we've had many tims recently. I'd rather have a winning team regardless of someones background.

Really? At any cost? If you want to support a winning team then the fenians are waiting for you. If you want to support a club of values and standards first then you've a seat waiting for you at Ibrox.

8 hours ago, Sulla said:

Not when they're from this neck of the woods. No wonder the club is in the state it's in when so many of our own fans no longer understand our traditions.

Absolute nonsense, I'm from Northern Ireland. 

What a sad, blinkered life you must lead. 

Did it upset you when Michael O'Neill took  Northern Ireland to France? You remind of someone who would dislike Carl Frampton purely because he married a Catholic. 

Is it just Catholics from Northern Ireland, or do you detest Neil McCann, big Amo etc as well? 

You really should get out more, well, out of your cave anyway ...

7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

I have no issues with O'Neil, unfortunately some of ify fellow bears may have issues with his background. If he got the job he'd get my full backing regardless. 

It was you that posted what schools he went too, didnt you ? Why would you do that IF you had no ISsues ? Not trying to argue just curious.

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sounds like a good shout to me, but would defer to fellow NI Bears on it. Don't know his background so would kinda depend on how they see it as to whether it could be a good idea or not. Catholic Northern Irish doesn't matter in itself.

So what say the Ulster Bears? (Siam69 seems to be pro so far)

Maybe the 'Catholic Northern Irish' doesn't matter to yourself, but judging by this thread, for some their own prejudice and bigotry comes well before anything that could potentially get the team winning and doing well again. 

As mentioned, there is a difference between a Catholic and a Rabid Taig like Lennon, well, to most sane people anyway ...

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

It was you that posted what schools he went too, didnt you ? Why would you do that IF you had no ISsues ? Not trying to argue just curious.

If I had any issues I'd have said it, I was pointing out that unfortunately some bears would have issues and reading through this thread I was sadly correct. 

10 hours ago, gersandy said:

Northern Ireland win more than they lose nowadays. Hes instilled a winning mentality to that team. Their performance in the euros was fantastic. Just behind Wales for my team of the tournament.

They won 1 lost 3 at the euros. Massively overrated. Fuck knows how anyone think they performed well 

22 minutes ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

They won 1 lost 3 at the euros. Massively overrated. Fuck knows how anyone think they performed well 

It's all relative to the resources and pool of players available. 

They topped their qualifying group, first time ever for a team from pot 4, we were very unlucky against Wales, lost to World Champions Germany, and Poland, beat Ukraine 2-0. 

So yes, for a small nation like Northern Ireland, who also have to contend with the Republic trying to poach what little players we have, overall, they certainly punched well above their weight, as they are doing so again in the WC qualifying. 

How'd your Country do?

13 hours ago, Andy.little said:

Sorry if its veen said, so much going on iv not looked through it all, but michael o'neil for manager? 

I've not looked at comments cause three pages but fuck right off. I don't care if he walks about with a sash round his neck. .M o"Neil gers manager. Nawwwwww. PS, brand new members shouldn't start threads unless you thrive on abuse. N that's that lot. 

14 hours ago, Andy.little said:

And to win with average players, give him funds see what he can do with good players

He'd need to sign at least nine players. Then we need subs and obvious others. That's another project which takes years n they filthy rats win more. We need a manager that knows how to beat them. Duck (meant other word, phone's goosed)sexy football. Winning is all that matters

14 hours ago, gersandy said:

Good manager, proven winner aswell.

14 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

What's he won mate? 

Won his qualifying group, from pot 4, first team ever to do it. 

28 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

I've not looked at comments cause three pages but fuck right off. I don't care if he walks about with a sash round his neck. .M o"Neil gers manager. Nawwwwww. PS, brand new members shouldn't start threads unless you thrive on abuse. N that's that lot. 

It's only 3 pages, go on, read them. 

21 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

He'd need to sign at least nine players. Then we need subs and obvious others. That's another project which takes years n they filthy rats win more. We need a manager that knows how to beat them. Duck (meant other word, phone's goosed)sexy football. Winning is all that matters

Obviously winning Isn't all that matters mate, going by your previous post. 

Also, less than 6 weeks to Tenerife :whistle:

9 hours ago, Sulla said:

Imagine being so stuck for a decent team in your own country that you need to choose one from the SPFL.

Joke's on you.

PS - MO'N can do one. He's a Hibs manager-in-waiting.

9 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Imagine being so stuck for a decent team in your own country that you need to choose one from the SPFL.

Joke's on you.

PS - MO'N can do one. He's a Hibs manager-in-waiting.

When he does leave for a Club job, it'll be a far bigger Club than Hibs. 

Just wait to see if he can get us to the WC, we're well positioned for a play off place behind Germany at present, nevermind what he's already achieved. 

Just now, Siam69 said:

When he does leave for a Club job, it'll be a far bigger Club than Hibs. 

Just wait to see if he can get us the WC, we're well positioned for a play off place behind Germany at present, nevermind what he's already achieved. 

I wish you well... Been too long since 1986. Was brilliant seeing Jennings & Jimmy Nic and co strutting their stuff at the world cup in Mexico. Remember Whiteside scoring a cracker... Also remember Josimar scoring a belter against you guys and running away with his big arms akimbo. I am too young to remember Spain 82 but that's some legendary shit in world football, never mind these islands.

18 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

I wish you well... Been too long since 1986. Was brilliant seeing Jennings & Jimmy Nic and co strutting their stuff at the world cup in Mexico. Remember Whiteside scoring a cracker... Also remember Josimar scoring a belter against you guys and running away with his big arms akimbo. I am too young to remember Spain 82 but that's some legendary shit in world football, never mind these islands.

I preferred Spain myself, beating the hosts with that Gerry Armstrong goal. Though him being a Catholic, even having the audacity to play Gaelic as a child, that goal probably upset some of our more staunch on this thread, especially the ones from Northern Ireland. Then big Pat Jennings, as you say, what a player and legend he was for us, yet another Catholic though, must've got the wannabe Lenny Murphy's seething ...

We had the Arsenal back 3 at one stage, big Pat, Sammy Nelson and Pat Rice. 

And big Billy Hamilton's celebrations, brilliant stuff!

Michael O'Neil might be the nicest NI catholic on the planet. :jesus:
A string of bad results would turn him into a dirty fenian bastard.
Do we think a nice guy like him needs that in his life.
Quite sure MO'N was a nice guy before he went to the state aid arena,then he turned into a rhabid beggar,even to the extent him and his missus were terrified by the Union Flag.

33 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

What was his record like at club level ? Seems great now but has months between games to set up a game plan etc 

Took Shamrock Rovers to the group stages of the Europa Cup, which would be the equivalent of Linfield or Glentoran doing it, some achievement, as we see every year with Scots teams trying and failing to get there, ourselves hopefully doing it start of next season. 

Plus a couple of league titles and all Ireland Setanta Cup win with them. 

He hasn't managed any 'bigger' Clubs, only Brechin before SR. 

A gamble yea, but Norn Iron gambled on him, and it's well paid off. 

9 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Michael O'Neil might be the nicest NI catholic on the planet. :jesus:
A string of bad results would turn him into a dirty fenian bastard.
Do we think a nice guy like him needs that in his life.
Quite sure MO'N was a nice guy before he went to the state aid arena,then he turned into a rhabid beggar,even to the extent him and his missus were terrified by the Union Flag.

He's a very intelligent, astute guy, a gentleman too as you say. So I think he would know the score.

Though I just couldn't see it happening anyway, for some of what you've said as he does know the score, amongst other reasons  ...

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He's a very intelligent, astute guy, a gentleman too as you say. So I think he would know the score.

Though I just couldn't see it happening anyway ...

All of the above Siam and you can see he loves to win and his smile when he wins says it all.
Honestly don't think he needs the mess we're in at the moment in his life.
We've been going long enough to know what would happen after a half season like we've just had.