***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Pardew obviously has faults but whoever we get will.

There's been some bad stuff in his career but he's taken Newcastle to 5th, won manager of the year, taken average teams to finals. He's never been at a team expected to compete for trophies so it's impossible to say how he'd do in those circumstances.

He wouldn't take any shite and certainly wouldn't put up with players not putting in 100%. As for him being a cunt, aye he is but we've had much worse and accepted them. He'll obviously have contacts and a decent knowledge of players from working at such a high level for as long as he has.

It's a gut feeling I've got more than anything he's done in the past that makes me want him but I think he'd do well.

A managers past experiences in other leagues are pretty irrelevant when it comes to us. It's a completely different world up here. I reckon Pardew would do alright. He's a relatively big name who could probably cope with the pressure. Which is one of the most important qualities. 

He's also the best of who's being touted right now excluding McLeish and obviously FdB.

40 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

But it wasn't too evident

It was blatantly obvious. He's a shite inexperienced manager who made his lack of a clue very easy to see. Nothing to do with money or even signings, just his management skills and Inability to change a game or accept he got it wrong.

Folk are suffering a severe case of McCoist syndrome where they believe Warburton was just a few quid and a few games away from completely turning things around when there was literally nothing to give them a reason to think that other than a hope and a prayer.

Getting financially backed doesn't change a shit manager into a good one

He'd lost the dressing room by the looks of It and there's aleady been players telling us how he'd plan subs in advance,  didn't look at the opposition.  He couldn't change a game If his life depended on it and all of these issues can't be fixed with money. He was full of himself Imo like he was here to show Fergie and Mourinho real football or some shite

Just look and the games since he's departed, that's what we're left with, his players who can't perform.  The biggest challenge to the next manager will be the fact he will have to coach the Warburton mentality out of these players and I think that's part of the reason weve not got someone in yet.

And yes you are correct the next manager will need lots of money. If the board don't back him to challenge then it's their heads we should be calling for. But that doesn't change the facts about Warburton. If you think giving Warburton 5 million to spend in the summer would have made things better or would have got us challenging then I think you and I have a differing view on football football and football management. 

The problem wasn't money or the lack of it, it was the team management.

You act like having a more equal budget would have made Warburton close the gap,  his budget was bigger than hearts and aberdeen and we've got pumped off them and they're challenging us so where is your logic there?

34 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fair enough I just have a different opinion - I thought he had the right 'philosophy' - but it seems he cracked under the pressure - but to think the process will be easy, purely budget based and 'all' we need is a good manager is, in my opinion, flawed. 

What philosophy? 

I've heard him talking about philosophy and style of football but never once this season saw it implemented on the pitch.

The philosophy I saw was not marking in our box,  never being in their box in time and passing a ball ten yards behind your man so our whole momentum stops stops while he collects it and gives it to he opposition. 

Where is the evidence for the nonsense you people talk about style and philosophy it's utter utter bullshit

47 minutes ago, Willis said:

It was blatantly obvious. He's a shite inexperienced manager who made his lack of a clue very easy to see. Nothing to do with money or even signings, just his management skills and Inability to change a game or accept he got it wrong.

Folk are suffering a severe case of McCoist syndrome where they believe Warburton was just a few quid and a few games away from completely turning things around when there was literally nothing to give them a reason to think that other than a hope and a prayer.

He'd lost the dressing room by the looks of It and there's aleady been players telling us how he'd plan subs in advance,  didn't look at the opposition.  He couldn't change a game If his life depended on it and all of these issues can't be fixed with money. He was full of himself Imo like he was here to show Fergie and Mourinho real football or some shite

Just look and the games since he's departed, that's what we're left with, his players who can't perform.  The biggest challenge to the next manager will be the fact he will have to coach the Warburton mentality out of these players and I think that's part of the reason weve not got someone in yet.

And yes you are correct the next manager will need lots of money. If the board don't back him to challenge then it's their heads we should be calling for. But that doesn't change the facts about Warburton. If you think giving Warburton 5 million to spend in the summer would have made things better or would have got us challenging then I think you and I have a differing view on football football and football management. 

You act like having a more equal budget would have made Warburton close the gap,  his budget was bigger than hearts and aberdeen and we've got pumped off them and they're challenging us so where is your logic there?

I agree. Warburton could have had 50m on fees and wages and by the looks of it we'd still have been poor but better only because of individual quality not through tactics or through teamwork.

When Robertson spoke about continuity hence the DoF route I was thinking I wonder if the next manager has a particular formation and whether the board would seek to find someone who wanted to play 4-3-3 or the various flavours i.e. Wingers being the focal point.

Getting the Warburton element out of the players will be easier than you'd think if the players didn't fully buy into it. They all said the same thing but its like they were instructed how to conduct themselves rather than actually believing it and allowed to interpret it themselves.

We simply need a manager with good tactical knowledge, good leadership and good authority. A classic British manager who motivates average players and gets the most out of them. This is the only reason I worry about FDB being the next manager. It could be another costly failed experiment.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We simply need a manager with good tactical knowledge, good leadership and good authority. A classic British manager who motivates average players and gets the most out of them. This is the only reason I worry about FDB being the next manager. It could be another costly failed experiment.

Well put. Football is a simple game and most of the best managers achieved things by mastering the basics and keeping the game simple whilst having a good team mentality where they work together. And that's all we need, nothing fancy, we don't need 20 million pound players. Just motivated pro's and if you can't get motivated at Rangers with the potential to play In Europe every year then your in the wrong game

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

What is 'outstanding' about him? :lol:

He's an unspectacular English manager who's achieved absolutely nothing of note in his entire managerial career.

People need to stop getting caught up in the hype of people's nam value just because they want us to have somebody in the dug out who matches the name value of Rodgers and look at what they have done to actually merit the job.

He's garbage. Doesn't know what he's doing regardless of what he might say

1 hour ago, Willis said:

What philosophy? 

I've heard him talking about philosophy and style of football but never once this season saw it implemented on the pitch.

The philosophy I saw was not marking in our box,  never being in their box in time and passing a ball ten yards behind your man so our whole momentum stops stops while he collects it and gives it to he opposition. 

Where is the evidence for the nonsense you people talk about style and philosophy it's utter utter bullshit

Blah blah blah - 'you people' .... :lol: We are the people! :Scotland:

24 minutes ago, Willis said:

Well put. Football is a simple game and most of the best managers achieved things by mastering the basics and keeping the game simple whilst having a good team mentality where they work together. And that's all we need, nothing fancy, we don't need 20 million pound players. Just motivated pro's and if you can't get motivated at Rangers with the potential to play In Europe every year then your in the wrong game

We just need motivated players! :lol: - It really is that simple! :lol: classic. We don't need quality - just motivation. 

36 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I agree. Warburton could have had 50m on fees and wages and by the looks of it we'd still have been poor but better only because of individual quality not through tactics or through teamwork.

When Robertson spoke about continuity hence the DoF route I was thinking I wonder if the next manager has a particular formation and whether the board would seek to find someone who wanted to play 4-3-3 or the various flavours i.e. Wingers being the focal point.

Getting the Warburton element out of the players will be easier than you'd think if the players didn't fully buy into it. They all said the same thing but its like they were instructed how to conduct themselves rather than actually believing it and allowed to interpret it themselves.

I think at the moment where we are Neil Warnock would be a perfect fit.

2 hours ago, Willis said:

But you said the Warburton question would never be answered. I understand what you are saying, but I disagree, I think money can make even bad managers look better, or even good. I think 5 million wouldn't have made much of a difference, it would probably have taken more than that, to add to the quality to the squad, and to give some players who we already have the heave ho as well and replace them, into the bargain. Warburton was given the task of coming first in the Championship, and he and any other manager should be given the task of coming first in the top league. For that reason alone if we don't have a top manager, and a top budget this season then it's unacceptable. Warburton's removal is meaningless otherwise.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fair enough I just have a different opinion - I thought he had the right 'philosophy' - but it seems he cracked under the pressure - but to think the process will be easy, purely budget based and 'all' we need is a good manager is, in my opinion, flawed. 

I think that a lot of our current players are not good enough to play the way MW wanted. They're too slow, take too many touches before passing, and too predictable. Our opposition knew what we were going to do with the ball before some of our players did. ?

45 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I think that a lot of our current players are not good enough to play the way MW wanted. They're too slow, take too many touches before passing, and too predictable. Our opposition knew what we were going to do with the ball before some of our players did. ?

... but if we want to change we have to start some place? 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

But you said the Warburton question would never be answered. I understand what you are saying, but I disagree, I think money can make even bad managers look better, or even good. I think 5 million wouldn't have made much of a difference, it would probably have taken more than that, to add to the quality to the squad, and to give some players who we already have the heave ho as well and replace them, into the bargain. Warburton was given the task of coming first in the Championship, and he and any other manager should be given the task of coming first in the top league. For that reason alone if we don't have a top manager, and a top budget this season then it's unacceptable. Warburton's removal is meaningless otherwise.

Mr mendacious does work in mysterious ways. Just that this one was rather obvious and indeed will be rather pointless if there is no serious investment.

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mr mendacious does work in mysterious ways. Just that this one was rather obvious and indeed will be rather pointless if there is no serious investment.

I don't think I've ever seen you make a post in BD or the transfer forum without mentioning King, the board or the lack of investment in some way. :lol:

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

The majority of the squad played fast paced football last season, it was MW who changed it to slow tippy tappy shite as the season went on and then for the duration of this season. In my opinion anyway.