***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 hour ago, Trooblue said:

King will just be trying to spin this out in order to secure season ticket renewals.  Like you, I can't see the appointment being up to the calibre we need.  There's no money for that.  King promised to bring in additional investment and he has failed to do that. 

Exactly. I really can't understand folk getting excited by anything King says we're going to do.

Just DO it Dave. No need for waffle and promises just deliver.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

Exactly. I really can't understand folk getting excited by anything King says we're going to do.

Just DO it Dave. No need for waffle and promises just deliver.

If he doesn't talk about what he's gonna do and just does it people would criticise him for not being transparent enough.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

It's almost getting to the point I don't actually care who comes in just fucking do something or tell us exactly what the plan is.

It baffles me that the board appear to be more interested in bringing in a DOF at this point of the season.  We need a manager in to steady the ship ASAP.  The fans are still paying a lot of money every week to watch a team who's manager doesn't want to be there.

13 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If he doesn't talk about what he's gonna do and just does it people would criticise him for not being transparent enough.

Nonsense.  He just needs to appoint somebody and anounce it.  Not give us waffle and rumours.

However if he does fancy being transparent he could give us a breakdown of the £20m or so in loans.

Back to his managerial credentials, I listened recently to an interview Graham Hunter had with him on the Big Interview podcast.  He came across very well, learned a lot under Jim McLean at Dundee Utd who was ahead of his time in terms of sports science, S&C, psychology etc.  How he has managed a loose cannon like Lafferty has been very impressive also for NI. Definitely not the best candidate out there but not bad, and would be an improvement on Warburton

44 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It baffles me that the board appear to be more interested in bringing in a DOF at this point of the season.  We need a manager in to steady the ship ASAP.  The fans are still paying a lot of money every week to watch a team who's manager doesn't want to be there.

The next 3 months is nothing compared to our longer term future IMO. 

We should look to appoint an interim coach I do agree, however if the board have decided to go down the DOF role then it is quite clearly one of the most important appointments in our recent history.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

The next 3 months is nothing compared to our longer term future IMO. 

We should look to appoint an interim coach I do agree, however if the board have decided to go down the DOF role then it is quite clearly one of the most important appointments in our recent history.

I don't disagree with that at all.  But at the same time surely the board have to be seen to be not giving up on their aim for this season (2nd place finish).  We are in free fall at the moment, results are getting poorer and poorer and we are sliding down the table.  It's important they get the balance right between the short term and the long term.  Games aren't going to sell out if the board appear to be giving up on this season.