***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Try 54 days.

i could But it wouldnt be. 

16 to 45 days Resident if 4 UK ties or more Non-resident 46 to 90 days Resident if 3 UK ties or more Resident if 4 UK ties 91 to 120 days Resident if 2 UK ties or more Resident if 3 UK ties or more 121 to 182 days Resident if 1 UK tie or more Resident if 1 UK tie or more

But either way, Big Dave hasan Empire to run, family college funds dont fill themselves. 

4 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

It baffles me that the board appear to be more interested in bringing in a DOF at this point of the season.  We need a manager in to steady the ship ASAP.  The fans are still paying a lot of money every week to watch a team who's manager doesn't want to be there.

They've written this season off which is shocking. 

Those how know, know.   Those who don't know don't matter.

The thing is I don't really know, and I've not got that much confidence, that messrs Robertson and Dickson know - really know - what to do to select the very best DOF and very best head coach that Rangers needs and can afford.  I've not really got much confidence that when they do eventually get around to making their recommendations to King and the Board that the Board itself knows - really knows - what it should take to get Rangers back to the very top and whether the recommended choices are the best available to do the job.  

I suppose judgement on the quality of work achieved by Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board in making DOF and head coach appointments will be informed much more fully when we see (eventually) who they appoint.   Sure the appointments are bound to disappoint some.  Others may be very encouraged.   And yet others open minded to see how it starts to turn out.   That mix of reactions is almost inevitable.   

Meanwhile we wait.  And wait.  And wait.  The Board has clearly taken to heart the Warburton and Weir messages of needing to be patient and to persevere and are forcing the same on the Support.  

But the season progresses.   Another 3 points are up for grabs at Inverness tonight.   If points are dropped there is a risk is we move closer to a dog fight for 3rd / 4th place.   And there's the rub about whether Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board really know.    They're letting a rookie caretaker continue without any support from anyone more experienced / expert who knows a thing or 10 about managing a football team of the stature of Rangers.   Murty won't raise his voice (he's said so this week), he continues to rely on the Warburton mr nice guy approach to letting the players have frank discussions.   But we've seen loads of examples of this from Warburton's style of management with the self same squad.  It didn't work for Warburton with this squad and there is no reason this will work for Murty.  

Those that don't know don't matter.   That can be true up to a point but not in this case.   If they (Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board) don't know - really don't know - what its going to take to attract the best quality affordable DOF and Head Coach and provide them with enough transfer money to do a proper job - and quickly - then that not knowing does matter.  It matters because it risks yet more failing, yet more disappointment and an even longer wait for 55.     It matters because it would call into further questioning their competence and ability to make the right choices for the Club at the right time and to generate funding that backs these choices up with sufficient transfer funds to make a real difference quickly.

The proof of the DOF and Head Coach pudding will be in the eating so to speak - ie the quality, experience and expertise of the DOF and Head Coach selected and the confidence they generate that they are winners and will restore a title-winning mentality to Rangers.    The current proof of the pudding until these appointments are made is that the Board has seen fit to trust the management and leadership of the team to someone who plainly, and by his own admission, does not have the experience, expertise or know-how to manage a top flight football team never mind manage Rangers in a very difficult period that would be a huge challenge to even the most experienced of managers.  

That does not look to me much like a Board that knows what it is really doing.    It looks more like a Board that made a panicked emergency appointment and has done nothing of any constructive note to bolster Murty by putting someone with more experience alongside him or to replace him with a better qualified interim manager.   They've placed too much responsibility on Murty and arguably are using him as a fire break to shield them from direct heat while they potter about behind the scenes trying to find a DOF and Head Coach that will take the jobs.   BTW it's not Murty's fault he finds himself in this position.  

3 hours ago, Bertent said:

with only 183 days a year to play with that must be a struggle. 

I believe that if you spend around 40 days actually working (3 hours per day minimum) then it would apply to DK.

I would hope that the majority of his time in the UK would be spent working on the clubs behalf. 

If i had been put in Murtys position, the first thing i would have done is make Kenny Miller my assistant and not started him in the last couple of games. At the moment he doesnt look as if he has anyone to bounce ideas off of as he stands there on the sideline. Miller would have been a good sounding board.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

If i had been put in Murtys position, the first thing i would have done is make Kenny Miller my assistant and not started him in the last couple of games. At the moment he doesnt look as if he has anyone to bounce ideas off of as he stands there on the sideline. Miller would have been a good sounding board.

Good call but we need Miller playing. If only Niko was a tactical genius we'd be sorted.....well, better, until the manager came in.

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Good call but we need Miller playing. If only Niko was a tactical genius we'd be sorted.....well, better, until the manager came in.

It would be better if Kiernan was the tactical genius and we could get him off the pitch and on to the sidelines beside Murty.

52 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Miller is one of our only effective players. Need him on the park more than the touchline.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Those how know, know.   Those who don't know don't matter.

The thing is I don't really know, and I've not got that much confidence, that messrs Robertson and Dickson know - really know - what to do to select the very best DOF and very best head coach that Rangers needs and can afford.  I've not really got much confidence that when they do eventually get around to making their recommendations to King and the Board that the Board itself knows - really knows - what it should take to get Rangers back to the very top and whether the recommended choices are the best available to do the job.  

I suppose judgement on the quality of work achieved by Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board in making DOF and head coach appointments will be informed much more fully when we see (eventually) who they appoint.   Sure the appointments are bound to disappoint some.  Others may be very encouraged.   And yet others open minded to see how it starts to turn out.   That mix of reactions is almost inevitable.   

Meanwhile we wait.  And wait.  And wait.  The Board has clearly taken to heart the Warburton and Weir messages of needing to be patient and to persevere and are forcing the same on the Support.  

But the season progresses.   Another 3 points are up for grabs at Inverness tonight.   If points are dropped there is a risk is we move closer to a dog fight for 3rd / 4th place.   And there's the rub about whether Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board really know.    They're letting a rookie caretaker continue without any support from anyone more experienced / expert who knows a thing or 10 about managing a football team of the stature of Rangers.   Murty won't raise his voice (he's said so this week), he continues to rely on the Warburton mr nice guy approach to letting the players have frank discussions.   But we've seen loads of examples of this from Warburton's style of management with the self same squad.  It didn't work for Warburton with this squad and there is no reason this will work for Murty.  

Those that don't know don't matter.   That can be true up to a point but not in this case.   If they (Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board) don't know - really don't know - what its going to take to attract the best quality affordable DOF and Head Coach and provide them with enough transfer money to do a proper job - and quickly - then that not knowing does matter.  It matters because it risks yet more failing, yet more disappointment and an even longer wait for 55.     It matters because it would call into further questioning their competence and ability to make the right choices for the Club at the right time and to generate funding that backs these choices up with sufficient transfer funds to make a real difference quickly.

The proof of the DOF and Head Coach pudding will be in the eating so to speak - ie the quality, experience and expertise of the DOF and Head Coach selected and the confidence they generate that they are winners and will restore a title-winning mentality to Rangers.    The current proof of the pudding until these appointments are made is that the Board has seen fit to trust the management and leadership of the team to someone who plainly, and by his own admission, does not have the experience, expertise or know-how to manage a top flight football team never mind manage Rangers in a very difficult period that would be a huge challenge to even the most experienced of managers.  

That does not look to me much like a Board that knows what it is really doing.    It looks more like a Board that made a panicked emergency appointment and has done nothing of any constructive note to bolster Murty by putting someone with more experience alongside him or to replace him with a better qualified interim manager.   They've placed too much responsibility on Murty and arguably are using him as a fire break to shield them from direct heat while they potter about behind the scenes trying to find a DOF and Head Coach that will take the jobs.   BTW it's not Murty's fault he finds himself in this position.  

I know.  I really know.