*** The Official Inverness CT vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

18 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Cheers for replying.

First off, I wish I could be as resolutely positive as you, truly. I just don't follow the logic in suggesting that being positive or negative on this forum has any bearing on the players who'll never read it. They only get to hear and see the support of travelling thousands there to back them, despite letting them down repeatedly. It's cathartic to vent here, wanting us to be much better but knowing that the players can't be punted any time soon.

Ignoring the negativity for a bit, what positives would you highlight right now?

Your welcome, Hilly. I just see the forum as part of the overall experience of supporting Rangers. I understand the hurt and anger but absolutely don't see how transmitting that to the players (I think they might read, or hear about, comments from various forums) will help them and us. There are no positives to highlight right now. There are no other players to put on the pitch. There is no new great manager coming in. There is no money.

There's only the players we have and if we criticise them they'll get worse, not better. So my positivity comes (partly) from knowing there's no other option, we either get behind those players or we're fucked. 

If you have an alternative plan, I'd love to hear it.

Following this game I don't think there is one player I would keep, McKay is vastly overrated and Wallace isn't a very good defender I'm afraid. Take the two loan guys out ( and they tend to disappear when the going gets tough ) and we have nothing to build on for the future. I take no pleasure in saying this but this is the lowest I have felt since we came back up. absolutely gutted.

6 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Following this game I don't think there is one player I would keep, McKay is vastly overrated and Wallace isn't a very good defender I'm afraid. Take the two loan guys out ( and they tend to disappear when the going gets tough ) and we have nothing to build on for the future. I take no pleasure in saying this but this is the lowest I have felt since we came back up. absolutely gutted.

Surely the lowest you have felt since we were sent down, not CAME BACK UP?

6 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Hearts next 3 games: partick (a), ross county (h), hamilton (h)

ST Johnstone next 3 games: Kilmarnock (h), Rangers (a), Dundee (h)

Good fucking chance we'll be in 5th place by 11th March :megaanguish:

There is a good chance you'll be banned by then too, mr 5 post. I'd ban you now, myself but I don't have the power.

X

Many of these players maybe overpaid imposters, but the biggest imposter of them all is King. Glad to see the penny is finally dropping.

A fucking youth team coach. The man should never should have been put in that position and it doesn't look to be changed anytime soon

So, an exective decision taken by either a total fucking moron, or someone with an agenda and much to hide. Decide for yourselves.

12 minutes ago, BsongoBear said:

Your welcome, Hilly. I just see the forum as part of the overall experience of supporting Rangers. I understand the hurt and anger but absolutely don't see how transmitting that to the players (I think they might read, or hear about, comments from various forums) will help them and us. There are no positives to highlight right now. There are no other players to put on the pitch. There is no new great manager coming in. There is no money.

There's only the players we have and if we criticise them they'll get worse, not better. So my positivity comes (partly) from knowing there's no other option, we either get behind those players or we're fucked. 

New age bullshit again. 

Oh don't criticise them it will hurt their feelings. ??

Tell those useless fuckers exactly what we think of them. 

Yet another terrible "performance".

Now, I'm not putting the blame solely on Wes (especially since our defence is so brutal) but he is nothing more than bang average.

He should be saving a lot of the goals we let in - tonight included. 

Also, I know it's repetitive but our defence is fucking harrowing!

Just now, BsongoBear said:

There's only the players we have and if we criticise them they'll get worse, not better. So my positivity comes (partly) from knowing there's no other option, we either get behind those players or we're fucked

Fair enough, I think we'll have to agree to disagree about RM being of any significance to the playing squad, or that forcing ourselves to find positives does anything.

Just going with the notion that they do get to know about negativity, are you suggesting that this hinders them from playing well or putting in more effort? I completely agree that criticisms can be over the top, but if that's enough to impact on our players performances, they're even worse off than their limited footballing abilities betray.

No alternative plan here, but that's my point. My criticisms are only based on what's gone on for too long now and given to try and make me feel better. It will matter hee-haw to the players.

We play in a league full of shite teams and as it stands we are probably the worst. Teams only have to turn up to beat us and our football is just about the worst I have ever seen - fuck knows how we are as high as 3rd because what we are seeing just now is a team who should be down about the bottom