Our Best "English 11"

tannerall

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

It was a statement not a question. I wasn't asking you. 

Answer still no.

Vinnicombe was actually captain of the England under 21 team, and when he came here, we also had Butcher the England captain, and Woods the England goalkeeper at the same time. Different days indeed.

23 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

An English Rangers 11 without the Mark Walters double shuffle.:no:

Don't know how on earth the OP could have missed out Mark Walters - phenomenal player - way better than anyone playing in the SPeeL these days. Definitely Walters for Francis. Great player Francis but he was pretty done when he came to us and didn't even score for us in outfield play though scored a peach of a penalty in a League Cup final win over the Sheep. Francis and Drinkell on the bench well before West, Gordon or Jeffers.

46 minutes ago, The Hammer127 said:

Don't know how on earth the OP could have missed out Mark Walters - phenomenal player - way better than anyone playing in the SPeeL these days. Definitely Walters for Francis. Great player Francis but he was pretty done when he came to us and didn't even score for us in outfield play though scored a peach of a penalty in a League Cup final win over the Sheep. Francis and Drinkell on the bench well before West, Gordon or Jeffers.

I'm not old enough to properly remember Walters for Rangers but I do remember reading a piece by Andy gray where he claimed Walters could be "got at" and intimidated physically. Anyone remembert him being like that for us?