Is Anyone elses faith in King and the board beginning to slip away?

Thermopylae

18 hours ago, William McBeath said:

That's about the gist of it bud or else we build over the long-term step-by-step until we recover again or get lucky with all the risks that entails with the demented able to keep earning more than us every year. They simply don't have the sort of dough we need to sort this quick enough and we will eventually lose thousands of season ticket holders, which will make it even more difficult to compete.

I'm glad we got rid of all the previous arseholes and I don't have any hostility towards our present lot but they will have to attempt to get new owners in or else they will be holding us back and damaging our recovery for their own selfish reasons. We'd all love to own the Club but you'd have to let it go if you loved it and couldn't take it forward.

Absolutely spot on I think the issues are who would invest and why? There isn't money to be made in Scottish football so unless some mega rich bear appears you'd have to question the motives. Also the Ashley situation needs to be resolved.   To me we're at a crossroads.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, bob1873 said:

Absolutely spot on I think the issues are who would invest and why? There isn't money to be made in Scottish football so unless some mega rich bear appears you'd have to question the motives. Also the Ashley situation needs to be resolved.   To me we're at a crossroads.

Well Ashley apparently wanted to invest ... remember it's considerably easier to get into the champions league from Scotland than it is from down south and over the years to come that will become where the real big time football is played

On 2/25/2017 at 4:45 PM, RFC Eagle said:

The 'Yanks Go Home' stunt and the negative campaign run by the 'annoyed by facts' arsewipe Houston and the slimy Graham made the club toxic in cahoots with DK and his manoeuverings to gain control. No one in their right mind would want to get involved in those circumstances. 

What's even worse is he would then spread the word across the pond that we are to be avoided ... sometimes we are our own worst enemies 

13 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

What's even worse is he would then spread the word across the pond that we are to be avoided ... sometimes we are our own worst enemies 

Definitely 

The same goes with Warburton 

If they wanted rid of him then shake his hand & send him on his way with dignity intact on both sides

Instead we try to be smart, fuck it up and are no doubt heading for court.

Now Warburton will be muddying our name all over the football community south of the border with the knock on effect that it will be more difficult to recruit staff & players

That may even be contributing to the delay in announcing his replacement 

I know if it was me being approached I would do my own due diligence & speak to the previous manager

Lile you say - our own worst enemies 

I had zero faith in king from the start.

He's a liar and scumbag who should have been kept as far away from Rangers as possible, and no South Africa isn't far enough away.

The deepest darkest cellar of a North Korean military prison where he can be fed to Kim's pet dogs might be far enough.

6 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Definitely 

The same goes with Warburton 

If they wanted rid of him then shake his hand & send him on his way with dignity intact on both sides

Instead we try to be smart, fuck it up and are no doubt heading for court.

Now Warburton will be muddying our name all over the football community south of the border with the knock on effect that it will be more difficult to recruit staff & players

That may even be contributing to the delay in announcing his replacement 

I know if it was me being approached I would do my own due diligence & speak to the previous manager

Lile you say - our own worst enemies 

It's the lack of money that does it when we had the murray cash stream to smooth things over and septic had the kelly's and the white's they were the ones who scrambled for every little penny and had a stinking reputation as employers because of it 

I never really had faith in him, more a hope that he would be able to at the very least get us stable and lay the foundations of something. It's all well and good having a board made up of Rangers men, I would however also have people on the board that have no affiliations with Scottish football, that have a proven track record of generating investment. This chronic lack of significant investment in the club is a concern to me and to all our fans. I hope that in the coming months this is addressed and we can plan properly for next season. 

Seems to be King and Co seemed to think this was still the nineties or something. That this Club would basically fund its own success thru the fanbase.

They're just sitting playing the waiting game.

Yes they might have been heroes to some, some think they "saved" us from Ashley but that's just another question that will never be answered as no one knows what Ashley would have invested.

The fact is that Ashley is a much more rich and powerful man than King, both are greatly disliked in general but Ashley is more "feared" and respected than King. Some of Ashley's business practices could be called unfair or even immoral, but King is a convicted tax cheat. The only difference is Ashley seemed a bit better at not doing everything in public under the clubs banner. Who in their right mind thought King was a better representative than Ashley? I don't like Ashley either but we basically traded Tweedle Dee for Tweedle Dum. 

King blackened his own name years ago which made him toxic to investors. Then instead of making a deal with Ashley which could have helped with that, he pisses Ashley off and now along with the folk who already wouldn't go near King theres another bunch that have been told by Ashley not to go near, its doubled our problems IMO.

What's going to happen, even if the retail deal is sorted, when the Puma deal ends? What company in their right mind would want to sponsor us after watching this fiasco?

The fact is it was between Ashley and King for some, I've said all along that they're just as bad as each other. Both have blackened our Clubs name, put their own interests before the Club and told us blatant lies. Only Ashley didn't make any promises to us to get in, he just invested his money quietly. Both of them are like a couple of rich pricks who failed the audition to get on Big Brother and so decided to turn Rangers into their own reality show.

Anyone normal punter who still backs either of them is a fucking gullible numpty or just a total zoomer IMO. Both have treated us like fannies

The issue shouldn't be about which one is going to stay it should be about how to get rid of both of them for good.

For it to slip away you need to have had faith in the first place, I never had that, but I was happy when they got control over the other cunts that were in It's almost a lesser of two evils type thing. I will praise King and co on the fact we're now being run like a football club again - a very skint one - but a football club nonetheless. We've improved on a lot since they took power.

The only things left to do is regain power of retail and invest more money into us, that's all the fans want right now.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Seems to be King and Co seemed to think this was still the nineties or something. That this Club would basically fund its own success thru the fanbase.

They're just sitting playing the waiting game.

Yes they might have been heroes to some, some think they "saved" us from Ashley but that's just another question that will never be answered as no one knows what Ashley would have invested.

The fact is that Ashley is a much more rich and powerful man than King, both are greatly disliked in general but Ashley is more "feared" and respected than King. Some of Ashley's business practices could be called unfair or even immoral, but King is a convicted tax cheat. The only difference is Ashley seemed a bit better at not doing everything in public under the clubs banner. Who in their right mind thought King was a better representative than Ashley? I don't like Ashley either but we basically traded Tweedle Dee for Tweedle Dum. 

King blackened his own name years ago which made him toxic to investors. Then instead of making a deal with Ashley which could have helped with that, he pisses Ashley off and now along with the folk who already wouldn't go near King theres another bunch that have been told by Ashley not to go near, its doubled our problems IMO.

What's going to happen, even if the retail deal is sorted, when the Puma deal ends? What company in their right mind would want to sponsor us after watching this fiasco?

The fact is it was between Ashley and King for some, I've said all along that they're just as bad as each other. Both have blackened our Clubs name, put their own interests before the Club and told us blatant lies. Only Ashley didn't make any promises to us to get in, he just invested his money quietly. Both of them are like a couple of rich pricks who failed the audition to get on Big Brother and so decided to turn Rangers into their own reality show.

Anyone normal punter who still backs either of them is a fucking gullible numpty or just a total zoomer IMO. Both have treated us like fannies

The issue shouldn't be about which one is going to stay it should be about how to get rid of both of them for good.

Ashley invested absolutely fuck all

Providing loans and tying the club into onerous contracts does not constitute investments. He had plenty of opportunity to "invest" before King arrived on the scene but instead chose to appoint his stooge placemen on the board with the ultimate aim of bleeding the club dry

any cunt who thinks ashley is anywhere near being a decent option needs their fucking head examined. I also note that you think ashley is a cunt so im not aiming that at you, but no doubt there will be some fucking moonhowling arseholes out there championing ashley

be careful what you wish for. 

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Ashley invested absolutely fuck all

Providing loans and tying the club into onerous contracts does not constitute investments. He had plenty of opportunity to "invest" before King arrived on the scene but instead chose to appoint his stooge placemen on the board with the ultimate aim of bleeding the club dry

any cunt who thinks ashley is anywhere near being a decent option needs their fucking head examined. I also note that you think ashley is a cunt so im not aiming that at you, but no doubt there will be some fucking moonhowling arseholes out there championing ashley

be careful what you wish for. 

I don't think anyone supports Ashley. Every Bear I know thinks he's a cunt,  Hopefully folk will wake up and start to feel the same way about king.