• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

No respect from me I'm afraid.

IMG_3874.PNG

and he's wrong there.

What's your point?

Any Celtic man that campaigned for NO, told the truth about Jock Stein/abuse at Celtic Park and sung GSTQ in front of the Tartan Army get's my respect. I don't give a fuck if he thinks ref's favour us particularly in an incident over Scott Brown.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and he's wrong there.

What's your point?

Any Celtic man that campaigned for NO, told the truth about Jock Stein/abuse at Celtic Park and sung GSTQ in front of the Tartan Army get's my respect. I don't give a fuck if he thinks ref's favour us particularly in an incident over Scott Brown.

Aye he said for 50 years not just one incident . Never told the truth when it mattered or was happening 

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Aye he said for 50 years not just one incident . Never told the truth when it mattered or was happening 

All my life and I'm in my mid 30's I've thought ref's have favored Celtic ... I don't care a jot if he's thought the same from the other side for 15 or so more years.

Regarding the other we will never know who did or didn't do what he stood up in court after the event - unlike others.

He's been suffering with it for about 3 years.

In the late 80s work meant I had a lot of contact with him and spent some time in his company. I even managed to get invited to a few private parties after events with another 5 or 6 people to his room where he supplied me with vodka for hours. Knew who I supported and wound me up about whilst getting me pished. He spoke very highly of john Greig and other Rangers players from his era, it wasn't just showboating and he had genuine affection for Greig. Once got me tickets up the Rangers end for a game at the piggery. Back then I had a lot of contact with people in the game including Ferguson, McLean, Greig etc but McNeil for me stood out for being the nicest, a true gent. Others may say differently. 

i heard a couple of years ago he had it and despite not seeing him for 20 odd years it truly saddened me. 

Top bloke for me.

He actually coached me briefly, I was on a under 12s development programme and he came and taught us for two weeks.

Despite being as big a Tim as you could be, he was alright. It was during 9iar and I used to frequently turn up in Rangers, Dutch tops, and he would joke a little bit, but he seemed to genuinely admire at how good a team we had back then.

It was obvious when he was involved in making the Champions league draw that he was suffering from dementia.

Why anyone from Celtic let him go on stage whilst knowing how much he was struggling is beyond me.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Used to see him out and about a lot at the local shop for his paper etc, last time must have been the summer and I thought he was frail. Horrible disease.  

I wonder if this has anything to do with the heading heavy leather balls thing that is being connected with brain damage in older sportsmen?

Watched my granda waste away with dementia I honestly believe the only real remedy for it at the moment is euthanasia. Harsh I know but in the days before he died it was fucking horrible. 

Best to go whilst you can still remember and recognise all those that hold you dear.

ffs .let's no fight over a man that wasn't really any  part of our history .

I respect the man is a football legend .  It is just  churlish to say otherwise .

The big man may have been biased in Beggar favour, saying refs were all out for us .

Watch vid on youtube . Decisions made in OF games against Rangers 82 to 96

Think that may confirm ,it was quite the opposite

Never thought for once ,he was anything like the scumbags they have had in recent years .

Hope the big man gets the care anyone would deserve in his situation

2 hours ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Tommy gemmell is also in a home in EK suffering from dementia. Wish them both all the best.

Yes fellow bears . Do not let yourselves down by posting garbage abusing older sick men that were only ever guilty of beating us in time when football was about football .