Our next generation of fans diluting?

Dlydon81

I've got 3 brothers and we've all got season tickets. None of us even own green clothing - staunch as fuck! If any of us even hinted about supporting the tims we'd get our cunts kicked in and disowned. We come from a hard working Protestant family right enough. ??

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The West of Scotland is associating religion and football together  less and less. 

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, and this goes some way to explaining why "we're" (and what constitutes we is complex in itself) on the decline, and they're in the ascendancy. 

People on the "Rangers" side are moving away from religion, or any strong set of shared values. This is a longer term problem for the club as much of its values and tradition are steeped in religion. There seems to be less and less shared values amongst the support, and I'm not sure how that process will end.

Really the only truly common shared value in the Rangers support at present is being a Rangers supporter, and so if we're shite as we are at present, then that's going to turn some people away. 

People on the "sellik" side by and large have some degree of religious attachment. There is the shared value of being an immigrant population, despite of course a great many of them being several generations away from any migrants. 

This is a complex issue, I don't think anyone can claim to have the answers. 

TL:DR - take the weans to church on Sundays and promise them the teams going to get better soon. 

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I've got 3 brothers and we've all got season tickets. None of us even own green clothing - staunch as fuck! If any of us even hinted about supporting the tims we'd get our cunts kicked in and disowned. We come from a hard working Protestant family right enough. ??

I'm the same! My granny wouldn't even let us eat green wine gums. "A green yin for a ......" She used to say.

45 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not sure if the op is serious or not but the young support is weakening. The inability to buy strips and how awful we have been since 2011 is taking its toll.

After every home game I pass by the Broomloan and there's loads of youngsters (teenagers) piling out. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think the Scottish game is dying on it;s arse I can't honestly remember so many poor players in so many teams.

Then again the Sfa/Spfl are all set up for the good of one club the other teams are needing to wake up and see that. 

It's at a low point, no doubt about it. For me, scottish football has a fundamental task to grow again. It needs to recreate a culture where kids (at least aspiring talent) dedicate themselves to football morning, noon and night. The only real way to reach a world class calibre in any sport is to completely immerse yourself in it from a young age. Andy Murray is a prime example. He didnt reach world number 1 by accident, he got there by sheer single minded determination. Any kid from the age of 8-10 needs that instilled in them. If you want to be a top football player when youre older then only complete dedication will do. 

If we recreate the conveyor belt of talent we once did then we can be a league and football nation like Portugal. Its not easy though, and it wont happen overnight but every senior football club shoukd run their academies 7 days a week, 365 days of the year and let kids just play and play and play 

I said this a while back, and got the piss taken out of me, but the fact is it's going to happen and we'd be fools to try and delude ourselves otherwise. Yes some parents will be able to prevent switching over to the dark side - that's clear - however some kids dont give a shit what parents think and are easily manipulated. Now, commence the smart arse replies - I'm a super Rangers supporting dad who would kick my  twelve year old son out of the house if he started supporting the scum etc.

They scum have the media in their pocket, and are doing everything to make us look bad, and to make them look good - no matter the atrocities they've committed - they're winning the media battle and it's one of the most important battles other than on the pitch - which they're clearly winning just now as well.

Do not delude yourselves, our fan base will start to reduce due to what is happening, and steps have to be taken to stop this - our depleting numbers will take a long long time to recover once it happens - and just now we have a large support.

All I would say is, be aware of where we are, do not take the large support we have for granted, and take steps to fight the media bullshit which is battering our club - otherwise we are doomed. We didn't think we would be where we are this season in footballing terms, it just shows you what can happen if we're not prudent. Use that as a lesson.

I was born a Rangers fan, dad wouldn't have had it any other way, my hero's were McCoist, Gazza, Laudrup, Albertz, for the first 4 years of my life I didn't know the scum could win a title! But I'll admit during my teenage years I fell away from football completely, I was still a Rangers fan if anyone asked me, but I was far more interested in music at the time, but I came back to it, if you've grown up with Rangers you'll always come back to it. It really is in the blood. 

And when I have kids, guarantee, they'll be at Ibrox beside me for as long as they're interested in football. But if they're not into the game, fair enough, they'll never say they support another team, much less a child molesting abomination of a club. Don't understand any parent than can take their kids to that club and be proud of it.

Might be shite the now but I'll never be ashamed to be called a Rangers fan, for me it's a mark of class to be one of us, and no amount of shite players, no managers and a cash shy board can change that.

Oh, and another thing, any kid swithering over their support for our great club should be dragged to the Founders Trail Tour. That'll sort them out. Once they know our story about the 4 boys (not much older than them) and how they created our great institution, how fellow rangers fans voluntarily tend to old graves of former Rangers players and officials. And once theyve been shown round the trophy room and seen things like Bob McPhail's medal collection etc they'll be sorted out forever. WATP!!!! 

Most Scottish kids are no longer in to Scottish football full stop. Barcelona sell more strips in Scotland every year than Rangers or Celtic combined, that is an actual fact. Kids aren't interested in watching the utter dross that Scottish football serves up. They want to watch Messi.

Over here a decade ago Rangers would have been the most common strip worn by kids in the town...I honestly cannot recall the last time I saw one ,we have lost  a generation over here I am afraid.Nobody will jump the dyke so to speak kids just follow the EPL.At one stage there was 3 supporters club in town,two have gone.What angers the fuck out of me is Celtic having a store in Belfast and we do not.

32 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Oh, and another thing, any kid swithering over their support for our great club should be dragged to the Founders Trail Tour. That'll sort them out. Once they know our story about the 4 boys (not much older than them) and how they created our great institution, how fellow rangers fans voluntarily tend to old graves of former Rangers players and officials. And once theyve been shown round the trophy room and seen things like Bob McPhail's medal collection etc they'll be sorted out forever. WATP!!!! 

Great point.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Not sure if the op is serious or not but the young support is weakening. The inability to buy strips and how awful we have been since 2011 is taking its toll.

People can still buy strips if they want

They probably just don't want to be abused by a mob when doing so

You need to get this sorted quickly @Dlydon81 especially with the 14 year old. 

Next thing you know they'll be running around in grey and green tops and, not using soap, and probably getting the wee taig lassies pregnant before they leave school and calling the weans "Moussa "and "Moussette"

Then after that a life on the dole telling the world they've got a speshul relationshup with ra cellic and their home is Oirland. They'll even start telling everyone "they H*** ur deed so they ur" whilst obsessively trolling Rangers Media.

You owe it to us fellow posters to stop this type of behaviour right now mate.

9 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Fuck up OP, it's swings and roundabouts

Famioy goes with family. Some do and some don't. It's the same every year and the numbers even out

So a pointless thread for the scum to laugh at, but you already knew that didn't you?

:wanker:

Honestly mate, why are you so interested in what the scum think? I couldn't give a shit how much they laughed at us, the only team that matters to me is Rangers. No matter how much they laugh it doesn't hide the disgusting atrocities they've hidden in their club or their tainted titles - I sleep well at night. I don't care what some inbred mongo comes across on this site and laughs at, I mean, they actually think it's funny and intelligent to call us zombies - so come on to fuck.