Fernando ricksen will launch his new official Rangers legends top

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Could just as easily launch it via a social media campaign the way other companies and the likes do. I'm willing to bet that, with the amount of Rangers pages on Facebook etc that would share it, it would get much more exposure than having a gathering in a pub for a launch. Nobody's till would get topped up that way though. 

Disagreeing with anyone other than the charity making a profit from such an event seems to make you a bad person on here though. Strange.

For the record, I have a lot of respect for the guy for organising this game as I know from experience how much work goes in to arranging them. I arrange charity games myself on nowhere near the scale of this one and it becomes like a 2nd job trying to get everything in place. He seems to be justifying him having this launch to make an extra few quid for his pub by telling us all how much work he's put in though which I don't really agree with. You don't arrange charity matches to make something back from them, however small the amount is compared to what's actually donated.

I think your being cynical as fuck

Im sure if fernando thought someone was taking the piss he wouldn't be launching the top there 

15 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Could just as easily launch it via a social media campaign the way other companies and the likes do. I'm willing to bet that, with the amount of Rangers pages on Facebook etc that would share it, it would get much more exposure than having a gathering in a pub for a launch. Nobody's till would get topped up that way though. 

Disagreeing with anyone other than the charity making a profit from such an event seems to make you a bad person on here though. Strange.

For the record, I have a lot of respect for the guy for organising this game as I know from experience how much work goes in to arranging them. I arrange charity games myself on nowhere near the scale of this one and it becomes like a 2nd job trying to get everything in place. He seems to be justifying him having this launch to make an extra few quid for his pub by telling us all how much work he's put in though which I don't really agree with. You don't arrange charity matches to make something back from them, however small the amount is compared to what's actually donated.

It will get the same amount of exposure after the night as well

6 minutes ago, jonnysidparto10 said:

So rangers have no tops.

Not for sale in any official capacity.  Where have you been for two years? 

If you want a new Rangers top then buy a blue tshirt and write RFC on it, that's as official as any SOS top or any so called legends shirt

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

It will get the same amount of exposure after the night as well

Yes, when it's available to purchase online and images of it start being shared all over the place. Or photos taken at the launch being shared online. It'll all have the same result I suppose. Just not as many people will know about it until after Friday imo. 

At least he's not charging for tickets so in theory people could still turn up to see the top without giving him a penny anyway so it's their choice at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, Willis said:

Not for sale in any official capacity.  Where have you been for two years? 

If you want a new Rangers top then buy a blue tshirt and write RFC on it, that's as official as any SOS top or any so called legends shirt

Where have I been?? 

Buy what you want

I just think a bloke has put in a shit load of effort to support fernando and fernando has approved it all.

My point is the shirt is for charity. 

Thats it

On 28/02/2017 at 7:54 AM, stonefield teddies said:

First thing ,we have already had a game for fernando at ibrox ,

The reason we are having the game in fleetwood is we can play an England select ,and blackpool is a big rangers supported area, portsmouth game has nothing to do with fernando,and I don't think there are many players attending ,

Second, I am the organiser for the game ,I also own the Stonefield tavern,I have spent 5 hard month putting this game together,

Fernando is launching a new strip ,and the legends will be wearing them down in fleetwood, 

When he said he was going to launch the tops ,I asked to do in my pub,were else should he have done it ,

My pub is a rangers bar ,although the tops have nothing to do with me apart from I will be using them at and charity games,I don't think I am asking a lot ,launching the top in a good rangers pub,

Yes I will get my pub busy ,what's wrong with that ,I am a business ,and my job is to try and make money,

And for the record,I subsidise my pub to keep it open,I have a great bunch of rangers minded guys drink in the bar,but if you ask any pub owner ,times are grim,

I work off shore on the oil rigs ,that is my income not my pub,

I find it difficult to understand why I have to come on and explain to bears ,why I am launching fernando ricksen top in a good rangers bar,who organises charity events for him ? 

Good on you  people like yourself make me proud to be a bluenose ! I wish you every success 

3 hours ago, jonnysidparto10 said:

Where have I been?? 

Buy what you want

I just think a bloke has put in a shit load of effort to support fernando and fernando has approved it all.

My point is the shirt is for charity. 

Thats it

I agree

It's still not a Rangers top tho

Good luck to them but if it's marketed as a Rangers top then they're exploiting the club that's all I have to say. Won't see me in one but each to their own.  It's not a Rangers top no matter how commendable their cause is. End of.

9 minutes ago, Willis said:

I agree

It's still not a Rangers top tho

Good luck to them but if it's marketed as a Rangers top then they're exploiting the club that's all I have to say. Won't see me in one but each to their own.  It's not a Rangers top no matter how commendable their cause is. End of.

You're just talking shite now. The fernando top has never said to be a rangers top. Yea lionbrand ones are alternative and i'll not buy they ones but i will buy the fernando top as it's for his charity and lionbrand don't get any money from it 

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 7:54 AM, stonefield teddies said:

First thing ,we have already had a game for fernando at ibrox ,

The reason we are having the game in fleetwood is we can play an England select ,and blackpool is a big rangers supported area, portsmouth game has nothing to do with fernando,and I don't think there are many players attending ,

Second, I am the organiser for the game ,I also own the Stonefield tavern,I have spent 5 hard month putting this game together,

Fernando is launching a new strip ,and the legends will be wearing them down in fleetwood, 

When he said he was going to launch the tops ,I asked to do in my pub,were else should he have done it ,

My pub is a rangers bar ,although the tops have nothing to do with me apart from I will be using them at and charity games,I don't think I am asking a lot ,launching the top in a good rangers pub,

Yes I will get my pub busy ,what's wrong with that ,I am a business ,and my job is to try and make money,

And for the record,I subsidise my pub to keep it open,I have a great bunch of rangers minded guys drink in the bar,but if you ask any pub owner ,times are grim,

I work off shore on the oil rigs ,that is my income not my pub,

I find it difficult to understand why I have to come on and explain to bears ,why I am launching fernando ricksen top in a good rangers bar,who organises charity events for him ? 

Thanks Stan as you say, it gives others a  chance to see Rangers legends and pay tribute to Fernando, im 200 miles from Glasgow  and am looking forward to  the match. 

8 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

You're just talking shite now. The fernando top has never said to be a rangers top. Yea lionbrand ones are alternative and i'll not buy they ones but i will buy the fernando top as it's for his charity and lionbrand don't get any money from it 

I never said it was either.  I said "if" it was. Dunno how many times I and others have told sheep to buy what they like. 

Offended mob clutching at straws again as usual on here. 

I'd ban the advertising of any tops from here because folk constantly jump the gun like a bunch of social justice warriors without even reading half the post.

If the sos and other thieving groups hadn't started with their shite then this wouldn't be an issue so fuck off to their forum and moan about it then come back here in ten minutes once you're banned

Shower of handwringin papists, where's Gogzy? 

22 minutes ago, Willis said:

I never said it was either.  I said "if" it was. Dunno how many times I and others have told sheep to buy what they like. 

I'd ban the advertising of any tops from here because folk constantly jump the gun like a bunch of social justice warriors without even reading half the post.

If the sos and other thieving groups hadn't started with their shite then this wouldn't be an issue so fuck off to their forum and moan about it then come back here in ten minutes once you're banned

You calling me a papist you fucking clown??

1 hour ago, Willis said:

So im a sheep, a warrior for social justice and a papist! 

Hahaha

Trust me iv read your post thoroughly

Hahaha

You take some amount of shit on here Stan.

Fair play to you for organising these events and keeping a Rangers pub open.

I have disagreed with you on here before but totally respect what you do for Fernando, think some fans a rightly sceptical about these things, not necessarily to do with you but others who are just desperate to make money off the fans. If it was 10 years ago I'm sure the fans would of united a hell of a lot better for this.

Hope the event goes well and plenty is raised for Fernando

On 28/02/2017 at 6:27 AM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I've no issues with any Rangers pubs trying to get Rangers fans in them.

I just think it's a bit shady when they appear to be using a seriously ill ex player to do it. 

Your opinion is badly thought through, ill-informed - and wrong. :p:

Oh and also - who are you, and why have you not donated to our Fund yet?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/295270-rm-erskine-fund-–-season-201617-accounts-members-donations-discussion-action/

or bought a raffle ticket for Wee Josh?...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/304712-last-chance-to-buy-your-raffle-tickets-for-the-rangersmedia-big-raffle-for-wee-josh/?page=1