Our History Of Magnificent Sideburns.

tannerall

2 hours ago, trueblue 64 said:

IIRC John Greig originally grew his beard to protect stitches in a facial wound and allow him to keep playing.

It also allowed him to get around a club rule of the time, where players weren't allowed beards.

So the story went, anyway.

19 hours ago, tannerall said:

Just came across an username on here @John Greig's Sideburns and it immediately recalled an image of the great man himself, possibly the greatest set of sideburns ever to appear on a football pitch in Scotland..

Untitled-design-43.png

And of course that great Barcelona cup winning team was probably the most impressive team of sideburns ever to win a European trophy.

3866476.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

And an honourable mention for Colin Jackson who kept the great tradition of Rangers sideburns going.

296E088800000578-0-image-m-67_1433718813

Often wonder if that game had a different outcome, if I would be here to type this.

My dad was at the game, obviously came home a very happy bear and in a perky mood.

9 months later, almost to the day, I was born.

A massive thank you from me to Johnstone and Stein.

8 hours ago, TheCutch said:

Often wonder if that game had a different outcome, if I would be here to type this.

My dad was at the game, obviously came home a very happy bear and in a perky mood.

9 months later, almost to the day, I was born.

A massive thank you from me to Johnstone and Stein.

"My dad was at the game, 9 months later".............did his best mate go to the game too ? 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

"My dad was at the game, 9 months later".............did his best mate go to the game too ? 

He did actually. 

Listen, you are not taking away my often used fact that although I wasn't born until 1973, I was actually in the Camp Nou that night. :lol: