The time its taking to get a manager in

Smile

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They couldn't give a fuck about the fans, as long as club1872, SoS and blazer chaser Houston are kept happy then they consider the whole fan base happy.

It's getting to the stage where I couldn't give a fuck who the appointment is because we need someone, anyone in asap to take charge. So pissed of with the incompetence the board are showing that I am seriously considering not renewing next year. We went through the last board for not appointing anyone when Ally left yet you still have people telling us to be patient. 

3 minutes ago, George Goudie said:

If you're planning on getting rid of your manager, why do you not have a temporary solution in place? Nobody is saying we need to have the next Guardiola ready to go as soon as Warburton leaves, but clearly leaving Murty in charge is not an option.

See i dont see why it isnt an option.

23 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

If I was hiring someone for my business I'd probably take a few weeks.

If I was hiring for the biggest club in the country I would take a lot longer.

Don't be so impatient.

We don't have time to be "patient", if we don't get someone, anyone in charge to take control we are going to continue to drop points. 2nd was obtainable 2-3 weeks ago if the board acted quickly and got in Alex McLeish or anyone with some impetus but we did fuck all about it. There are a few points between 3-5 and if we don't act pronto we will end up dropping down the league.

Just now, HeHaw said:

We don't have time to be "patient", if we don't get someone, anyone in charge to take control we are going to continue to drop points. 2nd was obtainable 2-3 weeks ago if the board acted quickly and got in Alex McLeish or anyone with some impetus but we did fuck all about it. There are a few points between 3-5 and if we don't act pronto we will end up dropping down the league.

I'm delighted they didnt get McLeish in, then just back in this absolute circus in the summer when we have 3 weeks until Euro qualifiers. We wont drop down the league and if we do so what? I'd sacrifice it for the sake of stability.

1 minute ago, Coplandrear25 said:

I was referring to your "Taking time "post.

Would it not have been a complete waste of time if we end up with any of the three mentioned?

Not really, if they take their time then they have given every possible consideration. 2 of those are with clubs so would take time anyway, mcleish is a disaster waiting to happen and would be a waste of time. Hope it's neither of those three btw.

2 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

We financially can't afford to drop down to 4/5th and get papped out of the Scottish cup.

Actually a fresh angle on things, you're right in what you say.

But is it not a bit financially reckless to get McLeish (or whoever) in for the sake of it for what is never going to be regarded a sucessful season regardless.

33 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

If I was hiring someone for my business I'd probably take a few weeks.

If I was hiring for the biggest club in the country I would take a lot longer.

Don't be so impatient.

That theory might work in a normal business but at a football club fighting for points.

11 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

Actually a fresh angle on things, you're right in what you say.

But is it not a bit financially reckless to get McLeish (or whoever) in for the sake of it for what is never going to be regarded a sucessful season regardless.

At this point mate, I see cementing a 3rd place finish (i know wtf) and in to the last 4 of the Scottish a success. At the current time I can't see us getting guaranteed neither with Murty. I don't blame Murty, he seems like a nice guy but when you have the captain of the team saying we need someone in asap it sends out alarm bells to the fans.

"I want someone in right fucking now!!! The board are so incompetent."

5 mins later someone gets appointed:-

" We appointed who? This Board are so incompetent"

To answer the OP, it means the manager is or isn't available right now, or he doesn't want to come right now, or we are haggling about compensation, or we don't have any firm favourite.

You can sense the leather on the brown brogues being worn thinner and thinner as Directors' heels are systemically dragged.   Meanwhile Murty now gets a gaggle of invisible and secret advisers to guide him in picking the team.   

A case of after 2 full weeks (more if you include the foreknowledge the Board had that Warburton was looking to defect) nothing much appearing to be done and dusted on manager replacement front while creating heaps of invisible activity around an increasingly uncomfortable Murty.  

43 minutes ago, Sket said:

We cant afford to get this next appointment wrong so we shouldn't be rushing into anything. That being said,i have no faith in the board to fix the mess we are in.

Guaranteed we'll make a cunt of it.

I think that's the crucial point. You would like to think that the time it's taking is being done for the right reasons.