The time its taking to get a manager in

Smile

at the moment i am quite glad that we have not made any knee jerk reactions,  i am glad the board have not hired someone with a week. If you look at it black and white. This season is a fuckin right off, miles behind them, struggling for 2nd now and its not going to get better until we can get better players in. i would pish myself if they announced FDB was to come IN THE SUMMER and a DoF was to start in the next few weeks. fuckn ideal to me. But thats just me. I would start panicking if we went into next 10 days or so and there was still nothing tangible no announcement to be made or anything like that. 2 odd weeks is not that long to wait on a good replacement rather than picking the first ex manager or player who picks up the phone. getting this appointment right is beyond crucial and it warrants diligence and patience 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

at the moment i am quite glad that we have not made any knee jerk reactions,  i am glad the board have not hired someone with a week. If you look at it black and white. This season is a fuckin right off, miles behind them, struggling for 2nd now and its not going to get better until we can get better players in. i would pish myself if they announced FDB was to come IN THE SUMMER and a DoF was to start in the next few weeks. fuckn ideal to me. But thats just me. I would start panicking if we went into next 10 days or so and there was still nothing tangible no announcement to be made or anything like that. 2 odd weeks is not that long to wait on a good replacement rather than picking the first ex manager or player who picks up the phone. getting this appointment right is beyond crucial and it warrants diligence and patience 

FDB in the summer would be ideal, but I am not having this pish suggestion that we cannot find an interim who is more competent than Murty.

Garry monk been linked aswell.. as if he's even going to contemplate leaving elland rd whilst in a scrap for promotion add to the fact he gets more money for transfers than our esteemed board likes to give.

its a massively underwhelming list of candidates and proves the lack of ambition- the fact they can't or unwilling to get money together to give a guy like deboer the job tells us everything we need to know.

i can quite confidently say that none of the managers linked today would win a league with us

19 hours ago, KWBear said:

FDB in the summer would be ideal, but I am not having this pish suggestion that we cannot find an interim who is more competent than Murty.

An interim wouldn't necessarily work anyway, and it is more likely not to work. To go back to how the Warburton situation was dealt with is where the problem starts, not the failure to find an interim. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

An interim wouldn't necessarily work anyway, and it is more likely not to work. To go back to how the Warburton situation was dealt with is where the problem starts, not the failure to find an interim. 

You would think a proper functioning business would've had a plan in place for hen the manager left.  It's no secret that both sides didn't want each other anymore but only seems warburton was looking elsewhere whilst our own board weren't and look to be seriously incompetent. I really feel like we shouldn't even call them by their roles anymore.  They're not fit to be on the board of Rangers or any other business

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

You would think a proper functioning business would've had a plan in place for hen the manager left.  It's no secret that both sides didn't want each other anymore but only seems warburton was looking elsewhere whilst our own board weren't and look to be seriously incompetent. I really feel like we shouldn't even call them by their roles anymore.  They're not fit to be on the board of Rangers or any other business

The Statement on the night Warburton left was the defining moment; it was clumsy, just like this process since that time appears to have been.

Nobodies asking for a top name if it's an interim position just someone who has actually managed a side to stop us sliding further and further down the table, and facing more embarrassing results.

The Under 20's coach is just not working at all.

I really want to believe we're taking our time to select the right man for the job, the best man BUT such is my lack of faith in this Board I'm wondering if we are only trying to string this out for as long as possible so we can sell early Season Tickets to fans who are dreaming of Frank de Boer.

Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I'm wrong but I can't get away from that nagging feeling we're being sold the dream without it being a realistic prospect.

Wonder if Robertson, Dickson, King et al have done thorough research on the pros / cons, costs / benefits, risks and issues etc in deciding to switch to a structure of DOF and Head Coach.   Maybe they have.   

But maybe in applying their now seemingly lengthy selection process they've been met with a reality of what the market is telling them are the remuneration packages that candidates require to step into a rescue / recovery role at Rangers.  They'll have seen the clumsy and messy way Warburton was removed from office and having seen the way the Board worked to see off Warburton, the fees for a DOF and Head Coach then maybe start to carry a premium to hedge against that sort of thing happening to them.  And then there is the whole question of what amount of money will be made available for transfer fees.   That feels like a critical point for a DOF and Head Coach to be satisfied about.    Add to that reaching agreement on the objectives.   A DOF and Head Coach will surely want to avoid any notion that they can wave magic wands with small transfer budgets and still deliver a title very soon.   I assume they will want to agree some very clear objectives and timescales for achieving them along with commitments about transfer budgets.  

The reality of those sorts of points - or other real-world market points - being put to an interview panel might be a reason for the whole process taking some time as the Board has to step back and consider what its being told.    You can do all the research you like, and look at all the models applied in other clubs.........but if the financial specifics at Rangers are not what these sorts of candidates see as market norm to do a proper job in a reasonable timescale then it may prove to be a whole lot more difficult and time consuming to move to a DOF / Head Coach structure.   

It happens every day in many walks of business life, especially it seems in the public sector.  An organisation wants game changers, people who deliver success quickly.......but on the cheap.   The result is often (I'd argue mostly) disappointment when the person recruited turns out not to be able to do the job but was great at interview, or can do the job but is simply using it as a stepping stone for something much better because the pay being offered is lousy.

The whole process certainly is taking a fair bit of time.   The longer it takes, the more it risks taking on the feel of struggling to find good enough candidates who are willing to take on the challenge, and take it on with a meagre transfer budget.