Murty/Hill press conference

OceanRain

57 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

I actually feel bad for Murty, everyone including the players, board and Murty himself know that he is struggling and that we need someone in now yet fuck all is being done about it.

Said the exact same thing over the weekend mate,guy has been hung out to dry

According to the twitter thingy on the Rangers website Murty has a group of people who have been made available to him by the board for advice. Their identities are to remain private.    So at least he has some invisible friends to call on to help ease the increasing burden he's unreasonably been asked to bear into this 3rd week of caretaker duties.   I hope he finds real benefit in the help he's being given.  More to the point, I hope it translates into a win on Weds.

The team is now selected by committee it seems but fronted up by Murty who will still take flak for poor results / performances leaving the invisible ones comfortably masked behind the scenes at Ibrox (a bit like the invisible Board).    

Its not quite yet taking on the nature of being farcical but it risks heading in that direction.  Disney may yet come to the rescue with some much needed investment for movie rights for an animation of Murty and the Several Advisers.   

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I'd rather he hadn't said he was getting advice from people unknown. Even if that is happening, I think he should have kept that to himself.

I disagree mate, shows his commitment in admitting he will use any means necessary to get the best out of the team. Take Fergie giving the Ryder cup team a pep talk a while back. 

Don't think there is much shame in getting advice from more experienced professionals

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I disagree mate, shows his commitment in admitting he will use any means necessary to get the best out of the team. Take Fergie giving the Ryder cup team a pep talk a while back. 

Don't think there is much shame in getting advice from more experienced professionals

I agree, I just think he should have kept that to himself. I take your point, and regardless of what he has said about it then it is good to know that he can turn to people for advice.

40 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

According to the twitter thingy on the Rangers website Murty has a group of people who have been made available to him by the board for advice. Their identities are to remain private.    So at least he has some invisible friends to call on to help ease the increasing burden he's unreasonably been asked to bear into this 3rd week of caretaker duties.   I hope he finds real benefit in the help he's being given.  More to the point, I hope it translates into a win on Weds.

The team is now selected by committee it seems but fronted up by Murty who will still take flak for poor results / performances leaving the invisible ones comfortably masked behind the scenes at Ibrox (a bit like the invisible Board).    

Its not quite yet taking on the nature of being farcical but it risks heading in that direction.  Disney may yet come to the rescue with some much needed investment for movie rights for an animation of Murty and the Several Advisers.   

Here yah go Murty, that's the number for the Samaratans, just in case your feeling under the cosh and need to talk to someone.

We will get a manager in in a couple of years as we have to wait to find the new man (free).

32 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree, I just think he should have kept that to himself. I take your point, and regardless of what he has said about it then it is good to know that he can turn to people for advice.

Yes he shouldn't have went so far down the road in revealing it. He was barraged a bit.  I think he is doing ok on interviews. I would love to see him get a few results and see what a bit of confidence might do in short term. He is Noam Chomsky in comparison to McDowall ffs.

2 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

Yes he shouldn't have went so far down the road in revealing it. He was barraged a bit.  I think he is doing ok on interviews. I would love to see him get a few results and see what a bit of confidence might do in short term. He is Noam Chomsky in comparison to McDowall ffs.

His attitude to the game, and the players etc is quite good, and in that sense he says a lot of good things. I agree with the McDowall comparison as well. He needs the help of the senior players, and hopefully with Hill back he will get that from him, Kenny, and Lee Wallace. 

42 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's McDowall all over again with a board who just don't seem interested.

Fair point, except McDowall made it very clear he didn't want to do it and went around with his face tripping him. At least you can't say that about Murty. Murty's real problem is that he is a coach and not a manager and that these players -or enough of them - aren't doing everything they can simply because he is not the boss. Fore caretaker read lame duck, dead man walking or any such moniker. I do think we'll win on Wednesday though. Blind faith.

5 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Fair point, except McDowall made it very clear he didn't want to do it and went around with his face tripping him. At least you can't say that about Murty. Murty's real problem is that he is a coach and not a manager and that these players -or enough of them - aren't doing everything they can simply because he is not the boss. Fore caretaker read lame duck, dead man walking or any such moniker. I do think we'll win on Wednesday though. Blind faith.

McDowall actually had more experience than Murty, But now Murty got to step it up or it calls into question can he really coach our under 20's into winners.

The Board should really have tried to have even an interim in place.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

McDowall actually had more experience than Murty, But now Murty got to step it up or it calls into question can he really coach our under 20's into winners.

The Board should really have tried to have even an interim in place.

I agree with most of what what you say but it's a huge leap from under 20's coaching to being an interim manager for the first team. it's good that he step into the breach at such short notice I just hope his name doesn't become mud for doing so. I agree an interim manager should have been in place immediately after the game Murty covered. I feel for the guy.