Who gets what from a replica shirt sale

zanderbear

I have been wondering for quite some time how much other clubs actually get from shirt sales & found this article in the mirror newspaper. It seems clubs don't get much (see image) I can't remember what the figure is we get from the SD deal, the real figure, not a hearsay figure. Does anyone know for sure? Does anyone know if clubs in Scotland get the same as clubs in EPL & if not,  what do clubs in Scotland get in comparison?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/replica-football-shirts-rip-fans-7455562

who gets what from replica kits.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has always been known that the club doesn't actually get much, but this wouldn't of made a good story to beat with a stick.

People think we should be getting the deal we did with JJB sports, you may have to look up who they were.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sons of Struth statement 

Mike Ashley gets 112% the extra 12% we give him by selling our league title flags one at a time 

3 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

It has always been known that the club doesn't actually get much, but this wouldn't of made a good story to beat with a stick.

People think we should be getting the deal we did with JJB sports, you may have to look up who they were.

Is our deal much the same as the 1 above, do we get 6% of the overall sale?

1 minute ago, zanderbear said:

Is our deal much the same as the 1 above, do we get 6% of the overall sale?

Nupe don't think so - we get a rotten deal it's well documented but maybe not as extreme as some so called fans groups claim .. the year we got what was it a 1.2 million payment? We must have sold 40 million shirts or something going on their own figures 

Clubs don't make too much from individual sales I don't think.

More to do with the sportswear brand offering 5 year contracts for x amount of money. That's where the clubs get money and obv the sportswear company make the money back through sales.

Genuinely no idea if Nike offered us £100m for 5 years if that has any affect on the Mike Ashley deal. Which I don't understand how it would.

Not sure how long the Puma deal is but these are the things King should be doing looking for money through a kit deal

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe don't think so - we get a rotten deal it's well documented but maybe not as extreme as some so called fans groups claim .. the year we got what was it a 1.2 million payment? We must have sold 40 million shirts or something going on their own figures 

Are we cutting off our nose to spite our face? Are we hurting ourselves by not buying replica kits/trackies etc, we might be missing out on a much-needed revenue stream.

6 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Are we cutting off our nose to spite our face? Are we hurting ourselves by not buying replica kits/trackies etc, we might be missing out on a much-needed revenue stream.

Don't think so.

It seems like anything we get would be very marginal at best. Depends on your outlook I suppose, can view buying a shirt as a way of financially supporting the club or as a fashion item. 

I'm no finance expert, but given the fans money in / money to the club ratio we'd be far better to spend money on tickets if we want cash to go to the club. 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don't think so.

It seems like anything we get would be very marginal at best. Depends on your outlook I suppose, can view buying a shirt as a way of financially supporting the club or as a fashion item. 

I'm no finance expert, but given the fans money in / money to the club ratio we'd be far better to spend money on tickets if we want cash to go to the club. 

Ye but what about those fans down south etc who can't get to games, but don't want to go against the grain.

32 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Off course we are, but then again we're football fans and football fans are generally speaking fannies.

51 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Impossible to say with the figures we have.

There are unknowns in the retail accounts which could be the image rights being paid by puma etc which bump up the revenue meaning you can't work out the p in the £ amount.

2 hours ago, zanderbear said:

Not a popular view but I believe we are doing just that. :thumbup:

Edit: forgot to add :popcorn: