Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gaz52

Players teams will pay money for?

25 posts in this topic

In our current squad, who could we sell on for a fee? 

O'Halloran - We're probably not gong to get the £500k we paid - or are paying - but somewhere around £300k? £250k?

Tavernier - I reckon a League One side down south would buy him, not sure how much to be honest. We could show them highlights of him last season and try get away with it.

Foderingham - but I don't want us to sell him anytime soon

Holt - I think we could get about £100-200k for him from someone like St Johnstone or Ross County?

Windass - Still seems to have a good name for himself down south as an up-and-comer, but I'd rather he stayed with us and got game time.

Who do you think we could shift for actual fees then?

My valuations are probably way off to be honest 

No Scottish Premiership team can facilitate signing one of our players for even £100k. The problem with many of our players is they're ten a penny. Teams like Ross County and Kilmarnock could go out and pick up someone of Holt or Halliday's quality on a freebie. Our only valuable assets are maybe Wes, Tav, McKay and Wallace. Waghorn would be too if his contract wasn't as short. The rest are either too unproven, too old, too bang average or just too shite.

If they can't start to play better under a new manager, I reckon many will linger on until their contract expires or be released. 

Could "sell" out whole team and be lucky to make £5m IMO. Fod and McKay only one got any chance of getting money for.

1 person likes this

We will hardly see a penny for any of them.

The majority of them are on the best deals of their lives and they aren't going to give them up easily.

I bet most of them leave on free transfers because we will have to pay up their contracts to get them to go.

2 people like this

I would say at a push McKay is the only player worth much.

Only because of his age someone might see some potential there that makes him worth a punt.

Fod maybe £300k if they only watch him on a good day.

Foderingham and McKay, and not for that much as things stand.

That's it.

Fod, McKay, and Windass would each comfortably command seven-figure fees.

1 person likes this

could we do like those hotels where you put in a blind bid and see what your giving - could get shot of halliday and kiernan this way

4 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Could "sell" out whole team and be lucky to make £5m IMO. Fod and McKay only one got any chance of getting money for.

Who the fuck would pay £5 million for that squad of players?

Our best players our goalie and i dont think even he'd be worth a couple of hundred grand.

Wallace might be worth something, but is nearly 30 so who knows.

MOH, Holt, Halliday, Keirnan, Wilson, Tavernier, Waghorn we'd probably have to let go for free or very low fees.

McKay we'd struggle to sell going on this seasons performances. 

Windass if the right buyer came along.

9 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Keirnan for £10m to Warburtons new club

Hopefully one of these Chinese clubs get tricked into buying him 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Hopefully one of these Chinese clubs get tricked into buying him 

We should get some YouTube compilations together and send them to all the clubs in China and drum up some interest

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

We should get some YouTube compilations together and send them to all the clubs in China and drum up some interest

It worked for Hearts and Osman Sow!

1 person likes this

Biggest problem we might have in the summer is a lot of this squad are contracted for 2-3 years and probably won't want to move as I doubt they will earn better wages than Rangers are paying.

If we can get 5 or 6 off the wage bill even for free we should punt them.

Lets hope MW gets another job in the summer and takes a bunch of his signings with him.

I reckon we could get a few hundred k for Jason Holt he has definitely improved as a player since going to Rangers so no chance he would be worth less than what we got him.

Peds may get a better tune out of them...winning breeds confident's  and they all looked pretty good against Hamilton and Sellick, lets see where we are in 5-10 games time we might all be feeling differently...

Hopefully someone puts a bid in for Rossiter, guys made of glass.

McKay has to be worth a million plus surely. Wes half a million. Wallace a million too. Our players aren't as bad as some in here would suggest.

Windass is another half million to the right buyer imo.

Wes

Tav

Wallace

Windass

McKay

Rossiter

Waggy

MOH

All should command a fee, difficulty is we will never get what their true value is because we are desperate for the cash and all clubs know that

5 hours ago, RDFM said:

Hopefully someone puts a bid in for Rossiter, guys made of glass.

Pilkington and Everest in a bidding war.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, SteveSmith92 said:

I reckon we could get a few hundred k for Jason Holt he has definitely improved as a player since going to Rangers so no chance he would be worth less than what we got him.

If he was worth less than 65k i'd commit suicide fs 

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

McKay has to be worth a million plus surely. Wes half a million. Wallace a million too. Our players aren't as bad as some in here would suggest.

Windass is another half million to the right buyer imo.

McKay and Wes are a few mill a piece players, dunno about Wallace, Windass has a 3.5m release clause.

On 3/1/2017 at 11:11 PM, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Keirnan for £10m to Warburtons new club

with the restrictions now in place that slow boat has sailed