Tommy Gemmell

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, Europeans games, Celtic playing, do you cheer for them?

No, and I have stated in the Bears Den before, I wanted to see them fail in the CL qualifiers all the more so that the financial gap between us and them does not widen evermore.

Ronnie Deila obliged us twice, Rodgers didn't.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Well, how many times have Bears wanted to get out of this backwater league and move the club on?

Probably quite a lot, I'd be more interested in us making our leagues here in Scotland better but to do that we do need better than what we have currently running the Sfa.

6 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

And craig houston if you're looking in, fuck you aswell ya ugly, baldy, snakey, grassing howling bastard.

buckfast must be flowing :champagne::mutley:

Who remembers "the hills are alive with the sound of................  Gemmell's a bastard".  

5 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Have a look at this on FF:

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1104942-Tommy-Gemmell-has-passed-away-(11-Viewing)these days seems to be fu

It's bordering on folk leaving personal eulogies for him.

Nauseating, faux-grief pish more associated with bheasts (although being ff, it probably is).

Aye we need fans who are 'bridge builders', our fanbase seems to be attracting millennials and snowflakes, is there a vigil planned for George Sq?

DIRTY ORANGE BASTARD

Lisbon Lion Tommy Gemmell has told how some of his team-mates called him an "Orange b*****d".

Hero Gemmell, a Protestant, also claims there were players who wanted to turn Celtic into a Catholics-only club.

He said he suffered the abuse at the start of his Parkhead career in the early 1960s.

The star - who scored in Celtic's European Cup win in 1967 - told how he and fellow defender Ian Young were the only Protestants in the team when he first arrived at the club.

Gemmell said: "If either of us had a bad game we would get bigoted abuse.

"Certain other players would say, 'What do you expect of an Orange b*****d?

"They would say it directly to you, and they were not having a joke or a laugh.

"I don't know why they called an Orange b', as I had never been in an Orange lodge in my life.

"A handful of players at the club could have been described as real bigots and they would have liked to see a Celtic side that was 100 per cent Catholic."

Gemmell, 61, tells in his new book Lion Heart how he was backed by chairman Sir Robert Kelly and players like Billy McNeill and Steve Chalmers.

The former full-back - who played more than 400 games for Celtic - said: "I just wanted to go out and play and as I got more experienced more senior players saw I was good for the team and everything became ***ky-dory.

"But there had been some resentment of me when I first became established.

"To his credit, the Celtic chairman Sir Bob Kelly was always keen to stress my merits as a player.

"And guys like Billy McNeill and Steve Chalmers were never bigoted.

"The bigoted guys had been at the club for a long time, but why they thought the way they did, I don't k

2 minutes ago, standup said:

Yes thats right bheasts abandoned their way last week V St Mirren. Also his funeral on the news failed to show massive crowds in mourning just a bunch of half pissed looking eldery blokes.

Sir Rod and his entourage? 

Billy McNeil might bring some lighthearted japes to the proceedings. Can just see him there, asked to say only a few words...

Tommy was some player, this little piggy went to market, yer toasts ready...

Fuck the those on the offended bus.