Garner

Albeit our most expensive signing, he just hasn't done it at all has he.  I grew to love the guy just before he got injured against the scum and thought the goals may start coming for him, but since his return he looks less of a threat, and that's saying something.

can he turn it around, can we salvage something from him?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72

He genuinely annoyed me on Wednesday when he just refused to get in the box, I still think he'd do well as a target man with a poacher next to him but he's not a lone striker, his finishing isn't good enough.

Doesn't have it, was brought in as a target man, and to bully people and rumble up defences in a shite Scottish league'

He has no great instinct as a scorer and does not do link up play well.

Failure already. Will end up back in English Championship next season.

This is the problem with players getting chants without doing much. 

He does have good qualities as shown in the Aberdeen and Hearts home games and that joe garner is worth something.

However we paid 1.8 million for a striker and right now we're not getting our values worth. I mean you look at the other top scorers in the leagues

The highest we've got is Kenny Miller  with 6. Waghorn with 5 and Garner with 4. 

To compare that with Dembele, who has 17 goals or Sinclair who has 15. 

The taigs have 2 players that are on equal or have more goals than the top 3 scorers in our side. and that's not even counting the fact they've also got Armstrong who has 9 goals or thumb who has 8. 

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

He does have good qualities as shown in the Aberdeen and Hearts home games and that joe garner is worth something.

However we paid 1.8 million for a striker and right now we're not getting our values worth. I mean you look at the other top scorers in the leagues

The highest we've got is Kenny Miller  with 6. Waghorn with 5 and Garner with 4. 

To compare that with Dembele, who has 17 goals or Sinclair who has 15. 

The taigs have 2 players that are on equal or have more goals than the top 3 scorers in our side. and that's not even counting the fact they've also got Armstrong who has 9 goals or thumb who has 8. 

Couldn't you have just said he was rubbish without adding all the tarrier stats?

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Couldn't you have just said he was rubbish without adding all the tarrier stats?

78% of people would agree with you that we didnt need stats, with the remaining 22% split 50/50 over the exact need and possible need...

16 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Don't get me started on Windass......

Not much of a defence, because only one of them counted for anything, but at least Garner's scored 4 goals to (partially) justify his song.

22 minutes ago, rangersross said:

In another system, under our new manager, I think he might turn out to be "just okay". Don't see him ever achieving more than that.

When a "striker" can't score with his good foot from a couple of feet out regularly never mind inches as last night, when a "striker" can't score with his head from a couple of feet out regularly, then I don't think it would matter weather he has a strike partner or not, in Garners case I think he is simply pish.

Just now, FSM said:

I've got at least another month before that happens again!

??

Maybe Saturday....

Got to admit, as I get older, I'm getting a bit concerned how I'd cope with a last minute winner v that lot! (I'm quite happy to find out, by the way!)

At least, with a good number of our wins coming from last minute goals so far, I'm getting used to that late 'rush'!