Warrant issued for Snodgrass

A warrant has been issued for Scotland international footballer Robert Snodgrass after he failed to turn up for his court trial.

The West Ham striker is charged with driving a car while a baby was being held by a passenger.

Snodgrass, 29, is alleged to have driven on Duke Street, Glasgow, on 17 April with too many people to fit a baby seat in.

The baby is alleged to have been in the arms of a rear seat passenger.

Snodgrass, originally from Glasgow, was not at the city's Justice of the Peace Court when the case called.

Defence lawyer Martin Black told the court "he didn't think he had to be" when asked why his client was not present.

The Crown requested a warrant which was granted by JP Eunice Paton.

(what is it with footballers with their cars and getting into bother ) 

3 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

A warrant has been issued for Scotland international footballer Robert Snodgrass after he failed to turn up for his court trial.

The West Ham striker is charged with driving a car while a baby was being held by a passenger.

Snodgrass, 29, is alleged to have driven on Duke Street, Glasgow, on 17 April with too many people to fit a baby seat in.

The baby is alleged to have been in the arms of a rear seat passenger.

Snodgrass, originally from Glasgow, was not at the city's Justice of the Peace Court when the case called.

Defence lawyer Martin Black told the court "he didn't think he had to be" when asked why his client was not present.

The Crown requested a warrant which was granted by JP Eunice Paton.

(what is it with footballers with their cars and getting into bother ) 

Celtic supporter isn't he?

Guys been moronically stupid and will get done for it. No need to gloat.

The problem with top class footballers and cars is they are basically morons out of their depth in the real world.

And especially the one's earning 10s of thousands a week. If I was their club I'd demand they got taxis or were chauffeur driven, driving big expensive "fuck you" cars on British roads is just asking for trouble.

End thread.

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

The problem with top class footballers and cars is they are basically morons out of their depth in the real world.

And especially the one's earning 10s of thousands a week. If I was their club I'd demand they got taxis or were chauffeur driven, driving big expensive "fuck you" cars on British roads is just asking for trouble.

End thread.

I was gonna put a witty post in here, but since you've said "End thread" I thought that I shouldn't bother.?

What is with beggars and their kids in cars.
charlie magroo the beggar locked his kid in a car and they had to be rescued.
robert snodgrass the beggar was allowing kids unrestrained in his car.
BUT!!!! Hey...he might just be right that he felt he didn't have to be there.
Welcome to Scotland 2017 under the republican regime.   

19 hours ago, tannerall said:

End thread.

Top class :lol:

The issue isn't about the type of car he was driving, it's that he was driving with a baby in a passengers arms, he'd have been done for that driving a Micra or a McLaren

Also, clubs demanding that they were driven around everywhere would hardly solve the issues of them being 'morons out of their depth in the real word' - they would just be institutionalised until they were mid-30s at best and then chucked out in the real world where they aren't ferried around, that's not going to go well, is it?

Best way to deal with this is to arrest them for breaking the law, then chase them up if they fail to arrive at court - make an example of them and the others will follow suit...

To everyone scoffing at the 'top class' description:

Snodgrass is probably the best Scottish footballer kicking around right now (although hopefully Oliver Burke will step up)...

Which just goes to show how dugshite the rest of us are at this moment in time.