What a diffence Miller made

five stars

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So on Garner threads he's shite, he's a prick, a dud, all he does is run.... but Miller is given leeway for delivering pretty much the same. Oh and a few goals.

Today Miller on 3 occasions fucked up his possession or passing that left us vulnerable as Hamilton counteted. He made as much effort to recover the situation as I did from my seat in the stand. He exuded more effort moaning and shaking his head at his team mates before he was removed and we scored 5 goals.

Miller has been in our top 3 performers this season which imo none deserve pass marks or poty status.

It's been a season of abject failure.

But Miller gets any easy ride for it despite being the main no9 yet he is on single digits for goals scored. Today he was rank. 

Garner in less time scores more goals and is dissed, probably due to a transfer fee he can't influence.

Garner is neither shite nor amazing. Nor is Miller. Garner was instrumental in today's win which helped as Miller was rank.

Yet few on the Garner thread will give him leeway or accept that if we played to his strengths he could be decent to good.

Sunday coming I would 100% prefer Garner to lead our line rather than Miller regardless of all the pics of him scoring when he was a younger and more capable player.

That's what this place is mate...hero one minute villain the next. 

If you were able to look through my posts on Garner/Miller threads you'd see I've been an avid supporter of both. 

Garners immediate recent form has been magic and I hope it continues. 

I also said that I don't think Miller shouldnt have started this game, a mistake on Murty's part in my opinion. He was clearly drained and not sharp enough.

So by in large I agree with a lot of what the OP said but think it's undue flack toward Miller. I'd like to see Garner start against the tims as well, but I'll always have faith in Miller in the big games. He may be getting on but he's still pulled us out the shit multiple times. 

Everyone has a bad game or gets fatigued. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, MasterD said:

A lot of the time Miller is part of the problem for 60-70mins then he eventually stays where he's supposed to be and scores a goal and it's forgotten how shit he was all game.

:tu:

I love his professionalism and all the basic things he brings that show up the rest of them, but the constant need to try to be everywhere except at centre forward rips my mittens. That shocking outbreak of almost-fluent, attacking football in the second half, Hamilton being shit accepted, wasn't a coincidence.

Hopefully he saw that even mad Garner can get goals from standing where he's supposed to and not getting in the way of others.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You're right.

Garner scored.

Would have been  good to have both of them available for the filth match though.

Garner will be full of confidence and has a lot of bottle. 6 stitches to the head, off for about 10 minutes and scores a hat trick in 35 minutes of play. 

The opposition were mediocre but Joe was outstanding and could have scored more. 

I will edit my earlier post.

Miller had a bad day and Garner had a good day. It's as simple as that. It doesn't make Garner the new Messi and it doesn't make Miller shite. If the gods hadn't been smiling on us today then Garner may have been red carded and been the villain.

Fickle as fuck.

I'm just enjoying the moment.