Matt Crooks

Broxi

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on News Now from the Scunthorpe telegraph for anyone that's interested in how Crooks is doing.

SCUNTHORPE United put in an improved performance against Fleetwood but came away with nothing after a 2-0 defeat.

The Telegraph's Paul Crute looks at five things we learned from the game, which saw United drop out the top two.

MATT CROOKS IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER

One of the major positives to come out of the game against Fleetwood was the performance of Matt Crooks.

We have only seen glimpses of what the on-loan Rangers man is capable of as he has only been limited to mainly substitute appearances so far.

His only other start came against Sheffield United but Crooks showed what he can do against the Cod Army on Saturday.

He dominated the midfield did the simple things well. He dictated play well picking the right pass and won it back when needed.

He was also just a whisker away from scoring when his bullet header was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Fleetwood goalkeeper Alex Cairns in the first half.

Crooks has easily done enough to keep his place in the side for the upcoming games and it will be hoped he can produce the same kind of performance as he did on Saturday.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:26 PM, rangersmad86 said:

I know their form has absolutely hit the fucking skids over past month. Beat at home today without scoring and fucked me for 440 quid on BTTS.  They've not won since January and majorly fallen away in the title push. 

Serves you right for betting on a team who've not won since January :pipe:

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Saw this on News Now from the Scunthorpe telegraph for anyone that's interested in how Crooks is doing.

SCUNTHORPE United put in an improved performance against Fleetwood but came away with nothing after a 2-0 defeat.

The Telegraph's Paul Crute looks at five things we learned from the game, which saw United drop out the top two.

MATT CROOKS IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER

One of the major positives to come out of the game against Fleetwood was the performance of Matt Crooks.

We have only seen glimpses of what the on-loan Rangers man is capable of as he has only been limited to mainly substitute appearances so far.

His only other start came against Sheffield United but Crooks showed what he can do against the Cod Army on Saturday.

He dominated the midfield did the simple things well. He dictated play well picking the right pass and won it back when needed.

He was also just a whisker away from scoring when his bullet header was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Fleetwood goalkeeper Alex Cairns in the first half.

Crooks has easily done enough to keep his place in the side for the upcoming games and it will be hoped he can produce the same kind of performance as he did on Saturday.

I didn't realise we'd loaned them Iniesta!

Good report but no judgements can be made in him really.  I mean look how warburton brought him in from the cold to start at tynecastle? I bet he never even knew he would be starting until an hour before k.o.

wasnt ready and like a certain stevie Naismith who looked utter garbage in his first 9 months I'd like to see crooks given a full preseason and a chance

I don't think we can judge him yet. He was held in high regard in England before we signed him but his injury problems put off other teams (see a similar pattern with Rossiter). We took a chance and injuries obviously curtailed him here. We signed him injured and he has never been fit. The bizarre decision to play him against Hearts would do nothing for his confidence. 

He deserves to be judged when he is fully fit and has something to offer. Hopefully for the sake of his career he gets his fitness and confidence back with the loan so he can show something with us or someone else. 

Guest Lloyd72
22 hours ago, Smile said:

Maybe weir will scout him for Aston Villa.

How the fuck has Weir got himself that job? That's mental.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Smile said:

I thought nobody had noticed this to be honest. Beats me. 

I'm surprised there was no thread made, I assume he isn't sticking to the story that he never resigned or else Rangers would surely be due compo