Matt Crooks

Broxi

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

How the fuck has Weir got himself that job? That's mental.

It's only short term given to him because he's pals with someone else there.

He wants to get back into management soon. Or maybe he'll join MW again in the summer.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

It's only short term given to him because he's pals with someone else there.

He wants to get back into management soon. Or maybe he'll join MW again in the summer.

I'd be livid if I was a villa fan, giving a dud a job till the end of the season  just cause he's your mate ffs no wonder their club is a shambles

Official Round-up, Matt made his sixth appearance for the Iron as they lost 2-0 against Fleetwood but more importantly it was the midfielder’s first 90 minutes of football for a year since his ankle injury last March. The 23-year-old went out on loan to get some valuable game time after being plagued by injury so Saturday marked a big step for him in his return to full fitness. The 23-year-old went close to finding the net in the defeat but Fleetwood keeper Alex Cairns pulled off a fine save to repel his close-range header.

Clearly needed this loan period away to get up to speed again. Hope it works out for all parties.

MATT CROOKS IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER 

One of the major positives to come out of the game against Fleetwood was the performance of Matt Crooks.

We have only seen glimpses of what the on-loan Rangers man is capable of as he has only been limited to mainly substitute appearances so far.

His only other start came against Sheffield United but Crooks showed what he can do against the Cod Army on Saturday.

He dominated the midfield did the simple things well. He dictated play well picking the right pass and won it back when needed.

He was also just a whisker away from scoring when his bullet header was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Fleetwood goalkeeper Alex Cairns in the first half.

Crooks has easily done enough to keep his place in the side for the upcoming games and it will be hoped he can produce the same kind of performance as he did on Saturday.

http://m.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/matt-crooks-is-a-very-good-player-for-scunthorpe-five-things-we-learned/story-30182548-detail/story.html

6 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'd be livid if I was a villa fan, giving a dud a job till the end of the season  just cause he's your mate ffs no wonder their club is a shambles

Aye it's pretty daft.

Maybe they'll give him specific players to go and cast his eye over but I wouldn't want to take his judgment.

If he spots someone decent he's not going to tell Villa when he could keep it to himself for his next job or pass it into Warburton for his next job.

Guest Lloyd72
14 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Aye it's pretty daft.

Maybe they'll give him specific players to go and cast his eye over but I wouldn't want to take his judgment.

If he spots someone decent he's not going to tell Villa when he could keep it to himself for his next job or pass it into Warburton for his next job.

Wonder if they signed him for extra opinion on someone from Rangers, were they not meant to be sniffing around Barrie in January?

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don't believe fuck all I read from other sources about our players, I've seen him and it was like he was on day release, I will trust my own judgement.

Which is Fod is decent/-Hodson 5/10/-Tav 1/10 to an odd 8/10-/Windass never fit and looks as though he never will be/-Forrester-Doncaster was his level/-Hill-fine, Senderos-why/MOH open the gates touch like an elephant/Waghorn - when he's good he's very good when he's bad he's horrid/Rossiter where are you?/ NK was coming on to a game but a luxury item/Barton- expected loads but he was shite/Kiernan- no very good/Wilson not much better/,Hyndman on loan looks a player Toral is getting better/Holt hit and miss Haliday more bad than good.

The management team started off full of promise but lost the plot totally.

There are prob more but that's off the top of my head, agree?