Matt Crooks

Broxi

20 hours ago, Amato said:

Saw this on News Now from the Scunthorpe telegraph for anyone that's interested in how Crooks is doing.

SCUNTHORPE United put in an improved performance against Fleetwood but came away with nothing after a 2-0 defeat.

The Telegraph's Paul Crute looks at five things we learned from the game, which saw United drop out the top two.

MATT CROOKS IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER

One of the major positives to come out of the game against Fleetwood was the performance of Matt Crooks.

We have only seen glimpses of what the on-loan Rangers man is capable of as he has only been limited to mainly substitute appearances so far.

His only other start came against Sheffield United but Crooks showed what he can do against the Cod Army on Saturday.

He dominated the midfield did the simple things well. He dictated play well picking the right pass and won it back when needed.

He was also just a whisker away from scoring when his bullet header was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Fleetwood goalkeeper Alex Cairns in the first half.

Crooks has easily done enough to keep his place in the side for the upcoming games and it will be hoped he can produce the same kind of performance as he did on Saturday.

Hard to take serious when he's playing against the "cod army"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Amato said:

Honestly regret posting the article now after all the fish puns, I've really made a rod for my own back

To be honest, his signing was a bit of a red herring, he was never going to scale the heights at Rangers after playing for and against the minnows at Accrington Stanley.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, RDFM said:

At least you've seen the light now.

It was easy for me but for @RFCRobertson we had to hold an intervention, I burned a picture of Kiernan in front of him and he bit my thumb off.

I think we're going to need Crooks next season due to his hight and physicality.  The best way to beat this Celtic team is become more physical, get more height in the team, and battle like fuck.  These are things we can do on a budget.  I think we seen on Sunday that Celtic don't respond well to that type of treatment.   

I think most players deserve their chance under Pedro. Still 10 games to prove they can do something better to warrant being here.

Considering we will be losing hyndman and total, hopefully crooks coming back fit with something to prove, linking well with windass and if Jordan rossiter ever kicks a ball again, we'd have a much beefier midfield. Hyndman is magic but he's got no strength, like a better zelalem.