***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

We're not going 4-4-2 I don't think. Then again Pedro's made some seemingly mental decisions already.

If we are to go 4-4-2 and Wallace is fit I'd go Wes, Hodson, Wilson, Bates, Wallace, Tavernier, Holt Toral, Beerman, Hyndman, Miller.

Keep it tight, tell Kenny he's not needed at right back or left back or centre mid or right mid.... and hope Tav, Beerman and Hyndman have enough about them on the break to hurt them.

18 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Maybe because Tavernier cannot defend? Taigs would rip him apart at RB.

Yes Tav isn't the best defender in the world but he is still miles better than Hodson and offers much more going forward  Hodson I'm my opinion is even worse defender (hard to believe but true) and offers zilch going forward the big difference now is we are playing with two holding midfielders and Tav isn't exposed as much the new system is working well no need to change it  we do not need to show any fear or by changing system we are scared of them 

10 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Yes Tav isn't the best defender in the world but he is still miles better than Hodson and offers much more going forward  Hodson I'm my opinion is even worse defender (hard to believe but true) and offers zilch going forward the big difference now is we are playing with two holding midfielders and Tav isn't exposed as much the new system is working well no need to change it  we do not need to show any fear or by changing system we are scared of them 

So do you not think Hodson had a good game in the game at the piggery?

As for the new system helping Tav - that's simply not true. Did you see the Kilmarnock game? Tav was caught out numerous times as he is in just about every game. No one is saying drop Tav from what I can see, most are saying move him further forward so he doesn't have to worry about defending as much.

I can understand what people are saying reference Hodson and defending...but I do feel that tav offers so much more going forward.  I actually think there is a good balance of the team if Hodson plays right back and tav right midfield..think is has worked well the couple of times it has been tried this season.

Fod 

hodson hill Wilson beerman 

toral holt 

tav hyndman Miller 

dodoo

would like that to be the team but doubt it will be. Think we looked fairly solid at the piggery with tav and hodson on the same side. Would like to see dodoo upfront for movement and mobility but think he may well go with waghorn. Just win please Rangers and let's salvage this season. 2-1 to the good guys. 

29 minutes ago, djbroxybear said:

My team for v Scum

Wes

Hodson Bates Wilson Hill Beer

Tav Toral Hyndman

Miller Gardner 

3 - 5 - 2

push fullbacks up stop the scum in Midfield and we can open them up and create chances with 2 strikers.

King Kenny is the only striker I see in that line-up. I take it you were  trying to suggest playing the wonderful Joey upfront? We'd be better playing an old budgie I used to have with the same name.

I wouldn't actually mind if we went really defensive in a 5-3-2 if Hill is back for Sunday. 

Fod

Tav   Hill   Bates   Wilson   Beerman

Hyndman  Toral   Holt

Miller    Dodoo

That lot have shown 2 things :

1) they struggle against well organised defensive teams

2) they bottle Hampden semi finals. You don't suddenly get rid of this psychological thing, most of that team were there last year when we done them in the semi 

Fancy us in normal time and going for 3-1. 

Pedro will be quite happy for them to have the majority of possession and have our players well drilled in swift counter attacks.  Make no mistake- the beasts will be trying for another 5-1 and leave themselves wide open.