PromDeAnglais

***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

4,259 posts in this topic

Wes

Hodson hill wilson beerman

Tavernier hyndman miller holt

Garner waghorn

Right some explaining 

Hodson in to help defending, meaning tav can push further forward, feedin balls into garner/waghorn

Miller in midfield so he can offer support both defensively and going forward and to lock down midfield

Waghorn  up front as a target man

Garner up front to cause trouble and make space also a distraction for the real threats. Waghorn and miller. 

Hill in for bates if he's fit if not then it'll be a real test for bates. I've gor decent confidence in beerman. 

70+ being defensive. Stopping them from playing, making them mad, forcing then to make fouls so on. 80+, if we haven't scored yet, waghorn off for dodoo start putting men up front to score. Get a couple goals between 80th and 90th minutes against a tiring celtic who'll be opening up to commit men forward. 

3-1 win to the queens 11.

Fuck yir treble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes

Hodson Hill Wilson Beerman 

Tavernier Holt Toral 

Hyndman 

Miller Dodoo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wes

Hodson hill wilson beerman

Tavernier hyndman miller holt

Garner waghorn

Right some explaining 

Hodson in to help defending, meaning tav can push further forward, feedin balls into garner/waghorn

Miller in midfield so he can offer support both defensively and going forward and to lock down midfield

Waghorn  up front as a target man

Garner up front to cause trouble and make space also a distraction for the real threats. Waghorn and miller. 

Hill in for bates if he's fit if not then it'll be a real test for bates. I've gor decent confidence in beerman. 

70+ being defensive. Stopping them from playing, making them mad, forcing then to make fouls so on. 80+, if we haven't scored yet, waghorn off for dodoo start putting men up front to score. Get a couple goals between 80th and 90th minutes against a tiring celtic who'll be opening up to commit men forward. 

3-1 win to the queens 11.

Fuck yir treble 

You mwi? :headscratch:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wes

Hodson hill wilson beerman

Tavernier hyndman miller holt

Garner waghorn

Right some explaining 

Hodson in to help defending, meaning tav can push further forward, feedin balls into garner/waghorn

Miller in midfield so he can offer support both defensively and going forward and to lock down midfield

Waghorn  up front as a target man

Garner up front to cause trouble and make space also a distraction for the real threats. Waghorn and miller. 

Hill in for bates if he's fit if not then it'll be a real test for bates. I've gor decent confidence in beerman. 

70+ being defensive. Stopping them from playing, making them mad, forcing then to make fouls so on. 80+, if we haven't scored yet, waghorn off for dodoo start putting men up front to score. Get a couple goals between 80th and 90th minutes against a tiring celtic who'll be opening up to commit men forward. 

3-1 win to the queens 11.

Fuck yir treble 

Kenny Miller in CM?! 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny Miller is a fucking striker never a midfielder.

He's our best chance of beating them and we need him up front. Not running around in midfield doing nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go...

                  Fod

Hod Hill (or Bates) Wilson Beerman

 Tav        Toral Holt

               Hyndman

                  Miller                Dodoo 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2017 at 9:21 PM, Misteral said:

Good question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't understand the clamour to have Hodson in the team he is absolutely hopeless    The team that started the second half on Saturday will start unless Hill is fit and he will replace Bates   We must go on the front foot and take the game to them and stand up to be counted not a day for shrinking violets Pedro is right we need 11 warriors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fod

Hodson Wilson Hill Beerman

Holt Toral

Tav  Miller Hydnman

Waghorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Can't understand the clamour to have Hodson in the team he is absolutely hopeless    The team that started the second half on Saturday will start unless Hill is fit and he will replace Bates   We must go on the front foot and take the game to them and stand up to be counted not a day for shrinking violets Pedro is right we need 11 warriors 

He kept Sinclair (the best player in the league IMO) very quiet in the last game.

He can go man for man with him, and let Tav utilise his natural attacking ability without the fear of being caught with Sinclair in behind. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the DFB get our in their place I am happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Can't understand the clamour to have Hodson in the team he is absolutely hopeless    The team that started the second half on Saturday will start unless Hill is fit and he will replace Bates   We must go on the front foot and take the game to them and stand up to be counted not a day for shrinking violets Pedro is right we need 11 warriors 

Sinclair is a decent player and Tav can't defend, lets him concentrate on going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Can't understand the clamour to have Hodson in the team he is absolutely hopeless    The team that started the second half on Saturday will start unless Hill is fit and he will replace Bates   We must go on the front foot and take the game to them and stand up to be counted not a day for shrinking violets Pedro is right we need 11 warriors 

Maybe because Tavernier cannot defend? Taigs would rip him apart at RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wes

Hodson hill wilson beerman

Tavernier hyndman miller holt

Garner waghorn

Right some explaining 

Hodson in to help defending, meaning tav can push further forward, feedin balls into garner/waghorn

Miller in midfield so he can offer support both defensively and going forward and to lock down midfield

Waghorn  up front as a target man

Garner up front to cause trouble and make space also a distraction for the real threats. Waghorn and miller. 

Hill in for bates if he's fit if not then it'll be a real test for bates. I've gor decent confidence in beerman. 

70+ being defensive. Stopping them from playing, making them mad, forcing then to make fouls so on. 80+, if we haven't scored yet, waghorn off for dodoo start putting men up front to score. Get a couple goals between 80th and 90th minutes against a tiring celtic who'll be opening up to commit men forward. 

3-1 win to the queens 11.

Fuck yir treble 

Miller and Dodoo up front.

Id like some chance of actually getting a goal. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, centenarystand said:

Waghorn must not play.

Ever again

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not going 4-4-2 I don't think. Then again Pedro's made some seemingly mental decisions already.

If we are to go 4-4-2 and Wallace is fit I'd go Wes, Hodson, Wilson, Bates, Wallace, Tavernier, Holt Toral, Beerman, Hyndman, Miller.

Keep it tight, tell Kenny he's not needed at right back or left back or centre mid or right mid.... and hope Tav, Beerman and Hyndman have enough about them on the break to hurt them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a day for grafters against these bheasts and wouldn't be surprised to see Pedro spring a few changes in line up.

I fancy 3-5-2

Wes

Bates Hill Wilson

Tav Hydman Holt Toral Beerman

Miller Garner 

Can easily change to a 5-4-1 with Miller dropping in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Maybe because Tavernier cannot defend? Taigs would rip him apart at RB.

Yes Tav isn't the best defender in the world but he is still miles better than Hodson and offers much more going forward  Hodson I'm my opinion is even worse defender (hard to believe but true) and offers zilch going forward the big difference now is we are playing with two holding midfielders and Tav isn't exposed as much the new system is working well no need to change it  we do not need to show any fear or by changing system we are scared of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Yes Tav isn't the best defender in the world but he is still miles better than Hodson and offers much more going forward  Hodson I'm my opinion is even worse defender (hard to believe but true) and offers zilch going forward the big difference now is we are playing with two holding midfielders and Tav isn't exposed as much the new system is working well no need to change it  we do not need to show any fear or by changing system we are scared of them 

So do you not think Hodson had a good game in the game at the piggery?

As for the new system helping Tav - that's simply not true. Did you see the Kilmarnock game? Tav was caught out numerous times as he is in just about every game. No one is saying drop Tav from what I can see, most are saying move him further forward so he doesn't have to worry about defending as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand what people are saying reference Hodson and defending...but I do feel that tav offers so much more going forward.  I actually think there is a good balance of the team if Hodson plays right back and tav right midfield..think is has worked well the couple of times it has been tried this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I AM sure of is that Kenny must play - he loves scoring against them and I have a feeling this game will only have one or two goals in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My team for v Scum

Wes

Hodson Bates Wilson Hill Beer

Tav Toral Hyndman

Miller Gardner 

3 - 5 - 2

push fullbacks up stop the scum in Midfield and we can open them up and create chances with 2 strikers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am certainly moe confident now than at any time this season. Could be another extra time affair though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fod 

hodson hill Wilson beerman 

toral holt 

tav hyndman Miller 

dodoo

would like that to be the team but doubt it will be. Think we looked fairly solid at the piggery with tav and hodson on the same side. Would like to see dodoo upfront for movement and mobility but think he may well go with waghorn. Just win please Rangers and let's salvage this season. 2-1 to the good guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now