***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

12 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

Got a great surprise from my Dad with hospitality tickets for this one.

For many reasons I've never gotten to a game with my Dad even though he's the reason I support Rangers so this one will be extra special when we win it.

Lovely stuff mate.

15 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Waghorn is bang out of form, big time, but I'd have him in-front of Garner any day of the week.

Neither's form is defendable, but I genuinely believe that on their day, Waghorn is one of the most able players in our squad. It might not be saying much, but there's a player in there who can do a job for Glasgow Rangers.

Garner, on the other hand, as mentioned, will pick-up a yellow card early on as a result of aggressively wrestling with someone's ankles. He'll then swagger around, bumping into people off the ball.

I think if Waghorn got it into his head he can create for others we would see a much better player. He can beat a man, has decent close control. Problem is he fancies himself as a shoot on sight striker  when his finishing is nothing short of shocking. 

1 hour ago, markem said:

I think if Waghorn got it into his head he can create for others we would see a much better player. He can beat a man, has decent close control. Problem is he fancies himself as a shoot on sight striker  when his finishing is nothing short of shocking. 

Aye, he's very effective when cutting in from out wide. As you said, he can beat a man and he isn't bad with the ball at his feet, but he is absolutely not a goalscoring striker.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen any of the above for a number of months.

Can't see him tinkering too much with the formation below. Can quickly become a 5 in midfield or 6 at the back or 4 up front depending on whether or not we are the pumper or the pumpee plus Tav is rank in midfield.

Foderingham

Tav     Wilson      Hill    Beerman 

Holt   Toral

Hyndman

Waghorn                      Dodoo

Miller

4 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Id take that. Think Toral might finally be ready.

He's definitely been getting better after a shaky start.

Can see Pedro starting Waghorn though although I don't know what he's been showing to management the past few months to deserve it.

I don't think he will deviate much from his last 2 games, personally I would like him to spring a bit of a surprise and go with a 3 5 2  :sherlock:

Foderingham

Wilson       Hill      Bates

Tav        Toral       Holt    Hyndman     Beerman

Waghorn        Miller      

If we crowd the middle we would be able to smother Armstrong's runs from there, Tav and Beerman would also keep there full backs from bombing forward too often. :thumbup:

Hope to see us pull off a 2 nothing win, although any win will be welcome, come on Rangers :UK:

Think when it comes down to it, this game is all about basics, and doing the basics perfectly. We know that their strenghts are in going forward, we have to defend as a team. Be difficult to break down and frustrate them. And be clinical in going forward, and get forward in numbers. i think he should stick with the same line up against partick, with maybe the exception of hill for bates, but at this stage i think the young lad deserves a crack in this game. We need as few complications as possible and to focus on a professional performance. Pedro should look at the tape from last year, we started so well and put them on the back foot straight away, get in their face, let them have the ball in their own half. Bodies behind the ball and then hunt in packs as soon as they cross the half way line, win it and break. got the butterflies in the stomach already hope we do well, but it will be very fine margins i reckon.

We have to go out there and want it more on Sunday and do something about it  . They will claim they want a treble and how historic it will be etc etc but these players of ours should match or better  that hunger and need to realise that we as a support and a club need a trophy to begin the process of putting these 5 horrid years in the past where they belong. 

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We have to go out there and want it more on Sunday and do something about it  . They will claim they want a treble and how historic it will be etc etc but these players of ours should match or better  that hunger and need to realise that we as a support and a club need a trophy to begin the process of putting these 5 horrid years in the past where they belong. 

We showed at their dump we can more than match them and considering there's a potential trophy at stake they should be fired up for that aswell.

The fans will have the fight and hunger, it's up to the players to have the same.

On 18/04/2017 at 4:13 PM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Waghorn is bang out of form, big time, but I'd have him in-front of Garner any day of the week.

Neither's form is defendable, but I genuinely believe that on their day, Waghorn is one of the most able players in our squad. It might not be saying much, but there's a player in there who can do a job for Glasgow Rangers.

Garner, on the other hand, as mentioned, will pick-up a yellow card early on as a result of aggressively wrestling with someone's ankles. He'll then swagger around, bumping into people off the ball.

Just like the leggoeater

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

We showed at their dump we can more than match them and considering there's a potential trophy at stake they should be fired up for that aswell.

The fans will have the fight and hunger, it's up to the players to have the same.

And the two clearest chances of the game did fall to us, we were unlucky not to have scored. but that's sums us up for the past wee while, unlucky.

I really fancy us this weekend