***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Desperate to see our team line up.

Then it'll be beer time, tunes belted out and the battle fever on.

This was up on FF last night

Wes
Hodson Wilson Hill Wallace
Tav Holt Hyndman McKay
Miller
Waghorn

1 minute ago, harry handsome said:

Wont be far off the starting team, id hope he keeps with the stability rather than try something clever.

First and foremost, we need to be as solid and organised in defence as possible.

Hodson will be asked to defend and keep Sinclair quiet, Tav will get more licencse.

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I'd have played Windass or Halliday over Holt any day of the week. 

I would have Mckay behind Miller and Forrester on the wing. 

Forrester doesn't deserve a start and has done nothing to suggest he'd do anything significant.

You could say O'Hallaron is the same but I'd like to see him at some point and see if he could get in behind their defence.

Creatively, we need McKay and Hyndman to bring their A game.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Dreading this but can't help think about Ugo Eghious overhead kick. 

Was just thinking the same but with Clint Hill in his place.

Then after the game when asked about his goal, Clint says "yes Archie, that was my first goal from an overhead kick. The main difficulty was having Dembelee in my pocket meant a bigger effort was required to make the jump"

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think Celtic are that good, imo, the points they gained was because MW insisted on playing 4-3-3 and had no plan B. If Rangers give them no peace for the full 90 mins then I think we'll come away happy. :rangers:

A major problem this season has been that we haven't been able to sustain a decent level for a full 90 minutes.

Another is that if we are knocked out of our stride, we find it difficult to get back on to it.

Then it's defensive concentration and giving balls away in dangerous positions, with Halliday especially guilty.

No pishing about trying to pass our way out when pressed, we need to boot it upfield. The difficulty is that we don't have a target man available.

We need a bit of luck today or Tav to hit the sweet spot and put away a 25 yarder, McKay and Hyndman to create and Miller to do what he often does in this fixture.

If that's the team we are in trouble 

we play a system every wk. Whether is the right one is debatable but to change a system that the players know well and are regimented in defensively  is madness , especially going there 

4-3-3 and have a go at them. We are rangers, we should never lie down and shut up shop against this mob 

We could play Celtic 10 times this season and lose 9 times but not today.

I have a feeling their arrogance and swagger is going to cost them today fuckwit ex players harping on about 8-0 wins, Dumbellend going on about scoring 4.

WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!

Time to put them in their place, just hope Murty can get them absolutely pumped for this.

1 minute ago, Gillete said:

If that's the team we are in trouble 

we play a system every wk. Whether is the right one is debatable but to change a system that the players know well and are regimented in defensively  is madness , especially going there 

4-3-3 and have a go at them. We are rangers, we should never lie down and shut up shop against this mob 

It may or may not be the team but even if the info is correct regards the individuals involved, I don't think the set-up would necessarily be the one laid out and it could be a 4-3-3.

IMO we need to line-up more defensively and try to create a solid base in the game.

If we go 3 in the middle, we'll struggle.