***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, buster. said:

A major problem this season has been that we haven't been able to sustain a decent level for a full 90 minutes.

Another is that if we are knocked off out of our stride, we find it difficult to get back on to it.

Then it's defensive concentration and giving balls away in dangerous positions, with Halliday especially guilty.

No pishing about trying to pass our way out when pressed, we need to boot it upfield. The difficulty is that we don't have a target man available.

We need a bit of luck today or Tav to hit the sweet spot and put away a 25 yarder, McKay and Hyndman to create and Miller to do what he often does in this fixture.

I agree with what your saying, for me this is why 4-3-3 never worked. We'd get knocked off our stride, lose our concentration, and then couldn't get it back making mistake after mistake. We need a formation that works best for the players we have, in doing so they should maintain maximum concentration throughout the match.  MW was too rigid in his 4-3-3 philosophy to understand that.

33 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Our team should be lining up to take pot shots at bloony.
This cardboard cutout hardman really needs stiffened soon as. 

If there's a drop ball it should be getting blootered at that cunt as hard as possible,the dirty big Lego eating fuck

8 minutes ago, Gillete said:

If that's the team we are in trouble 

we play a system every wk. Whether is the right one is debatable but to change a system that the players know well and are regimented in defensively  is madness , especially going there 

4-3-3 and have a go at them. We are rangers, we should never lie down and shut up shop against this mob 

Defence? Regimented? Rangers?

Come on mate.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree with what your saying, for me this is why 4-3-3 never worked. We'd get knocked off our stride, lose our concentration, and then couldn't get it back making mistake after mistake. We need a formation that works best for the players we have, in doing so they should maintain maximum concentration throughout the match.  MW was too rigid in his 4-3-3 philosophy to understand that.

MW occasionally played 3 at the back towards the end of 2016 and it worked but the defensive mistakes would often creep in and undo the good work.

eg. St.Johnstone 1-1 Rangers 

Playing well 0-1 up then its the Kiernan back-pass, 1-1 and we lose all confidence.

34 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think Celtic are that good, imo, the points they gained was because MW insisted on playing 4-3-3 and had no plan B. If Rangers give them no peace for the full 90 mins then I think we'll come away happy. :rangers:

They really weren't. They were because Celtic have a better team than we do. 

1 minute ago, buster. said:

MW occasionally played 3 at the back towards the end of 2016 and it worked but the defensive mistakes would often creep in and undo the good work.

eg. St.Johnstone 1-1 Rangers 

Playing well 0-1 up then its the Kiernan back-pass, 1-1 and we lose all confidence.

Your correct MW did occasionally play 3 at the back. Defence need to be on their game today especially Kiernan if he's playing. I just hope we don't take the gas of the peddle if we get ahead. We need to give them no peace for the full 90.

My main concern is set pieces, twice we failed to mark Dumbellend and twice he has scored , so whoever marks him stick with him.

I am hoping their over confidence is their downfall, I would play a 4-5-1 with no wingers , MacKay tucked in behind Miller with the other 4 fighting for everything in the middle.  Keep it tight and waste time and wind the clock down from the 1st minute, frustrate their crowd and sneak one then hold on for dear life. 

It will be tough but I remember 9 men 85 I think when we were pish Cooper and Munroe both got sent off and we were 1-0 down just to snatch a draw, I remember Davie Robertson getting sent offf Scottish cup semi after 5 minutes and thought here we go again ( as Celtic had drawn us the previous 2-3 years at the piggery and each time put us out) only for Ally boy to score a great goal on the stroke of half time.

So like helicopter Sunday KEEP BELIEVING as anything can happen these games. 

But when we get fouled we should play up like fuck as the first thing we do we are always booked. 

Go make legends of yourself s today , and with a new manager watching on then you never know ??

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Forrester doesn't deserve a start and has done nothing to suggest he'd do anything significant.

You could say O'Hallaron is the same but I'd like to see him at some point and see if he could get in behind their defence.

Creatively, we need McKay and Hyndman to bring their A game.

Doesn't deserve the bench 

1 minute ago, Theulstergazelle said:

Have they drawn this season? Could we atleast be first to do that?

Caley drew with them and fuck drawing.

Players should be going for a win today.

Solid defensive and clinical counter attacking is the way to get them. Hound and harry the players all over the ptich and disrupt their rhythm

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

They really weren't. They were because Celtic have a better team than we do. 

I respect your opinion but for me MW failed to bring the best out in them, Rodgers philosophy works on the mentality of a player, if that  is broken then their game begins to crumble. e.g Broone likes tackle hard so that players become wary of him. after that If our players have the ball and Broone comes for the ball, they lose concentration and try to get rid of the ball quick, instead of taking him. I don't think the best has been seen in our players yet. I hope Pedro can bring this out. even if it's only to raise their market value.