Last throw of the dice for the board

MacBoyd

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

I'd rather take a risk on someone who could either be very good or very bad than settle for what would be at best a half step forward in Mcinnes or Wright

1 minute ago, jackunion said:

"The board must go"

aye cause it's that easy

people that think boardrooms have revolving doors on them and staff can come and go like managers and players need to fucking wake up

He didn't say it would be easy though. Don't see what your problem is - they do have to go not one fit for purpose especially King and Robertson who are way out their depth and would be suited somewhere like Ross County's board.

It's a very odd appointment. And frankly one that im not optimisfic about all. I would just love to be wrong and im praying i am. This appointment and list of candidates frankly revealed more about the board than anything else. It is a gamble and one im not putting any money on. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

He didn't say it would be easy though. Don't see what your problem is - they do have to go not one fit for purpose especially King and Robertson who are way out their depth and would be suited somewhere like Ross County's board.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact they may not be fit for purpose.

but we have no other option. It's laughable that you read on here nearly every day that people think we can just get rid of our board and get a new one in. 

A manger who has proven to be able to secure 2nd spot in the league with a bang average squad who know Scottish football inside out isn't a obvious choice against a manager who the bulk of us haven't even heard of him and has done nothing of note in European football, this boards havin a giraffe. The tarriers must be laughing their balls off, 10 in a row here we come ffs.

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'd rather take a risk on someone who could either be very good or very bad than settle for what would be at best a half step forward in Mcinnes or Wright

I'm coming round to that idea a bit. Dunno if I'm just forcing myself to be positive or not, but McInnes wouldn't have us beating Brenda. At least some unknown guy carries hope as well as risk.

20 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Pedro is a massive risk. The sensible choice who would almost guarantee a big improvement was mcinnes.

The board are either trying to look clever or Pedro is a cheap option.

Either way if he fails the board must go

He's on 2m a year where he is atm, what makes you think he would work for a lesser salary than DM? 

6 minutes ago, jackunion said:

I'm not disagreeing with the fact they may not be fit for purpose.

but we have no other option. It's laughable that you read on here nearly every day that people think we can just get rid of our board and get a new one in. 

Nah I don't think when they say that they mean it like it's easy or anything. They've got their claws in and will go on their terms unless the fans vote them off their positions next AGM they're as bad as the previous lots but in different ways IMO 

Just now, Drumloyal said:

He's on 2m a year where he is atm, what makes you think he would work for a lesser salary than DM? 

According to reports he's doing it for 600k per year and paying 300k of his own money (I assume that's to buy out his contract or something)

its bad enough getting him on modest terms nevermimd paying mega money 

10 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

A manger who has proven to be able to secure 2nd spot in the league with a bang average squad who know Scottish football inside out isn't a obvious choice against a manager who the bulk of us haven't even heard of him and has done nothing of note in European football, this boards havin a giraffe. The tarriers must be laughing their balls off, 10 in a row here we come ffs.

You're at it ya cunt.

Pedro is a massive risk. Anyone is a massive risk.

He wouldn't be my choice although I'm not sure who would be.

He might be a cheap option compared to well known people but still cost more than McInnes so not a cheap option compared to him.

18 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

How do you know they'd just be a half step forward? I think either would surprise a lot of people and are more logical and safe appointments. Just my opinion though.

I don't think Caixinha is a risk we can afford to take but no matter who comes in all eyes need to be on the board primarily. No manager will achieve success here with a lack of funds. I really hope Caixinha and King prove me wrong here.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

How do you know they'd just be a half step forward? I think either would surprise a lot of people and are more logical and safe appointments. Just my opinion though.

I don't think Caixinha is a risk we can afford to take but no matter who comes in all eyes need to be on the board primarily. No manager will achieve success here with a lack of funds. I really hope Caixinha and King prove me wrong here.

You can't tell exactly but I haven't been that impressed with Mcinnes in fact a few months ago there were a lot of Aberdeen fans wanting him gone. I have said throughout this no matter who we bring in, if the board don't back them it's a poisoned chalice

25 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

It's a very odd appointment. And frankly one that im not optimisfic about all. I would just love to be wrong and im praying i am. This appointment and list of candidates frankly revealed more about the board than anything else. It is a gamble and one im not putting any money on. 

Disaster written all over it. He will not know our football or be able to afford the type of players needed to play the way he wants and win often enough to secure success. More of an experiment than with Warburton.

Hope I'm wrong but this screams mistake to me. It's time we got practical again. Leave the football philosophies and idealism until we're loaded again like with Advocaat.

Some of our fans must have memories akin to that of a Goldfish.  Do you not remember Craig Whyte, Charles Green, or Mike Ashley?  Do you want someone like that to own us again?  If this board was hounded out big Mike might come back in as a recent newspaper story suggested.  He might end up owning the stadium like he tried to do last time!

I believe this current board has the best interests of Rangers in mind.  Anyone else would take over Rangers as a mean to exploit the club and we've witnessed this already.

It's not the fault of Dave King that Warburton was a shite manager.  It seemed like a very sound and progressive appointment at the time.  Dave's only had one throw so far never mind the next appointment being his last.