Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sonnybear1972

Mayweather v Mcgregor

65 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Well that's the difference between me and you Jamie .I know my stuff and you just talk shite ūüėÉ

Seriously though, what do you see Floyd doing to Hearns that Benitez didn't?

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Seriously though, what do you see Floyd doing to Hearns that Benitez didn't?

ffs Jamie .it will never happen .It's just an opinion or in our case a differing one .

I'm not a fan of Mayweather but you have to respect his record and his undoubted skills in the ring .It's what I've came to respect him for

Hearns was of course fast and powerful . He just never had the ring craft that Mayweather had and probably still has

Sometimes I think you would argue with your shadow mate :lol:

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

ffs Jamie .it will never happen .It's just an opinion or in our case a differing one .

I'm not a fan of Mayweather but you have to respect his record and his undoubted skills in the ring .It's what I've came to respect him for

Hearns was of course fast and powerful . He just never had the ring craft that Mayweather had and probably still has

Sometimes I think you would argue with your shadow mate :lol:

:dunno: Look, now it's a discussion, like a thread on a message board is supposed to be, rather than a bunch of people making statements and then complaining when people engage with them.

I absolutely respect Mayweather (as a boxer I mean, not as a man), I have been one of his biggest defenders on here against the nonsense of who he could and couldn't beat and how his CV is shite because everyone was "shot" when he fought them. I think sassaaaa is way off that even a prime Pacquiao would have beaten Mayweather. I also think welterweight Hearns is the worst match-up for Mayweather of any fighter who ever lived. He was vulnerable to power and that's about it. Mayweather's chief weapon is judging distance, but what good is that when you're giving up 20cm in reach against a skilled boxer with bazookas in his fists? 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

No one walks through a guy on 49-0 mate 

The guy has defensive skills second to no one 

Power alone is not enough with Mayweather

True, walks through was a bit of an exaggeration. But Hagler and Hearns, for me, would have the best chance to beat him.

8 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

True, walks through was a bit of an exaggeration. But Hagler and Hearns, for me, would have the best chance to beat him.

Hagler is about the best middleweight I have seen.

He would have been far too powerful for Mayweather

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, JamieD said:

:dunno: Look, now it's a discussion, like a thread on a message board is supposed to be, rather than a bunch of people making statements and then complaining when people engage with them.

I absolutely respect Mayweather (as a boxer I mean, not as a man), I have been one of his biggest defenders on here against the nonsense of who he could and couldn't beat and how his CV is shite because everyone was "shot" when he fought them. I think sassaaaa is way off that even a prime Pacquiao would have beaten Mayweather. I also think welterweight Hearns is the worst match-up for Mayweather of any fighter who ever lived. He was vulnerable to power and that's about it. Mayweather's chief weapon is judging distance, but what good is that when you're giving up 20cm in reach against a skilled boxer with bazookas in his fists? 

Mayweather has not fought anyone anywhere near as good as the four older boxers and they all would have destroyed him.

Mayweather shat it from the Pacman for years and everybody in boxing knew it. The fight was always going to happen when the Pacman was past his best.

Get off yer high horse genius , its an opinion just like the shite you write in here often enough.

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Mayweather has not fought anyone anywhere near as good as the four older boxers and they all would have destroyed him.

Mayweather shat it from the Pacman for years and everybody in boxing knew it. The fight was always going to happen when the Pacman was past his best.

Get off yer high horse genius , its an opinion just like the shite you write in here often enough.

What high horse? :lol: Only one of us here is completely incapable of tolerating someone criticising our beloved athletes.

19 hours ago, JamieD said:

i disagree with you about Hearns 

Maweather would be too clever for him .Easily 

10 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

ūüėāGo on yourself¬†

Leonard would still be my no 1 to take every one .At their peaks

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

i disagree with you about Hearns 

Maweather would be too clever for him .Easily 

Mayweather would be too clever for Anthony Joshua, doesn't mean he would beat him :craphead:

16 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Mayweather would be too clever for Anthony Joshua, doesn't mean he would beat him :craphead:

Your getting silly now Jamie

The weight and height distance between these two ,would never happen in the ring

AJ is definitely the real deal in boxing at this moment .

Seen it many fights ago . Love his attitude . Fearless without the trash talk.

He could be at the top for many years to come .

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Your getting silly now Jamie

The weight and height distance between these two ,would never happen in the ring

AJ is definitely the real deal in boxing at this moment .

Seen it many fights ago . Love his attitude . Fearless without the trash talk.

He could be at the top for many years to come .

The point is that some physical advantages and style advantages overcome any gap in technical ability. Duran was a better defensive fighter with a much better chin than Hearns. Hearns nearly took his head off, because Duran couldn't get near him. Floyd started as a featherweight. He is 5ft 8. Hearns was 6 ft 1 and ended up fighting at cruiserweight. Don't forget that Hearns outboxed Leonard in both fights, including a prime Leonard in the first one. 

7 minutes ago, JamieD said:

The point is that some physical advantages and style advantages overcome any gap in technical ability. Duran was a better defensive fighter with a much better chin than Hearns. Hearns nearly took his head off, because Duran couldn't get near him. Floyd started as a featherweight. He is 5ft 8. Hearns was 6 ft 1 and ended up fighting at cruiserweight. Don't forget that Hearns outboxed Leonard in both fights, including a prime Leonard in the first one. 

Yes fair point regards Leonard and Hearns, but Leonard's style would trouble Mayweather more I feel .

Anyway you would argue the toss till the sky turned green Jamie .

Enjoy your day and chillax eh

Mayweather would school anyone in his weight group from any era. The guy has an incredible brain. Nobody can get near him. Probably GOAT. 

I honestly hope they both die in the ring and everybody realises how shite both "sports" are.