Jimmy Tavernier different class

Gaz52

Thought he and Hodgson both had an excellent game, under pressure with Celtic's two best players (Sinclair and Tierney) largely kept pretty quiet. 

Whats frustrating with him is that there's clearly a player in there, just that the concentration goes at times. 

Was my MotM behind Hill.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought he and Hodgson both had an excellent game, under pressure with Celtic's two best players (Sinclair and Tierney) largely kept pretty quiet. 

Whats frustrating with him is that there's clearly a player in there, just that the concentration goes at times. 

Was my MotM behind Hill.

gKpNuY4.jpg

As someone else said, the boys an enigma. He's a good wee player for Scottish football but he'll have to improve his scoring, crossing, and tracking runners to last seasons levels or else Pedro will move him on. I'm happy enough with that today but it will take much more before I forgive him for costing us two against Hearts and at least one against the demented freaks through losing runners. He also got caught a few times at the back today as well but was lucky to escape unpunished or to find a way out of the traps they were laying. He is a tidy enough we player though so here's hoping he can learn to be more consistent and a threat again. 

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

He needs to really raise his game, far too much inconsistency as per the rest of the sqaud. Tavernier has shown how valuable he is, hopefully Pedro can get the best out of him.

On today's performance this team might not be as bad as we all thought, we've seen glimpses of what individuals are capable of throughout the season so hopefully Pedro can help them raise their game and keep it there. 

Tav is a strange player - he can literally go from 3/10 one week to 9/10 the next. 

When he's focused and puts his mind to it he's a great player but he's so inconsistent. 

The talent isn't in doubt it's the application and consistency levels. 

I think he set a wee marker down that Brown wasn't going to be strolling around again like he owned the park. There was an instance where Brown was playing keepie uppie near the touchline and Tav just straight up swung at his ankle and took him clean out. 

I felt that was an importanf moment in the game and let them know that we were up for the battle.

4 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I think he set a wee marker down that Brown wasn't going to be strolling around again like he owned the park. There was an instance where Brown was playing keepie uppie near the touchline and Tav just straight up swung at his ankle and took him clean out. 

I felt that was an importanf moment in the game and let them know that we were up for the battle.

A thought he hardly touched him :lol: