Would you take Murty as assistant to Pedro?

Murty for assistant?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • He should be part of the first team coaching, but not assistant.

I voted no but its not because I don't think he is good enough, I just think he is exactly what we need for the U20s. He obviously cares about his players and his team, and I think he is an asset to our club.

He done more in the last 3 games than Warburton done in more than 30 this year. A result against the scum and scored more than 2 goals in a game.

Even though I voted no I wouldn't be complaining if he did get it but I'd prefer him to work with the youngsters

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

I voted no but its not because I don't think he is good enough, I just think he is exactly what we need for the U20s. He obviously cares about his players and his team, and I think he is an asset to our club.

He done more in the last 3 games than Warburton done in more than 30 this year. A result against the scum and scored more than 2 goals in a game.

Even though I voted no I wouldn't be complaining if he did get it but I'd prefer him to work with the youngsters

Thing is though, he now might have a taste for it, and decide he should leave us to become assistant elsewhere.

So it might be: commend him and promote him to keep him as an asset or keep him in the u20s and he might not be here for very long.

Guest Lloyd72

Voted yes as the manager apparently wants someone who gets the club and knows the scottish game, Murty fits the criteria and has proven himself to be a good coach during his time as interim manager imo.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Thing is though, he now might have a taste for it, and decide he should leave us to become assistant elsewhere.

So it might be: commend him and promote him to keep him as an asset or keep him in the u20s and he might not be here for very long.

I think he has his feet firmly on the ground mate, I would hope he stays. I certainly wouldn't complain if he did get the job. The players seem to like him and the last 3 games have certainly shown that. 

No- He has done fantastically well just lately- and is deservedly riding high- however we would be doing him no favours. We have a habit of raising people far to high far to quickly. A few failures and we quickly turn them from hero to zero and then worse. Murty should go back to the Under 20's with much gratitude and respect and settle for a while. He has clearly shown that he has the potential to go far in Management but he needs time to consolidate.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can we not just give the new guy 5 mins in the door before we try to force Murty, Miller, Ferguson or whoever on him as his number 2.

And maybe even go for the crazy option of letting him make his own decisions... 

Don't bring logic to RM it's already proven to be a failed concept.