Would you take Murty as assistant to Pedro?

Murty for assistant?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • He should be part of the first team coaching, but not assistant.

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

I think he has his feet firmly on the ground mate, I would hope he stays. I certainly wouldn't complain if he did get the job. The players seem to like him and the last 3 games have certainly shown that. 

That's a good point too, the players really do seem to have taken to him. He's had a lot of praise from the players and he's not been in charge for very long.

34 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

That's a good point too, the players really do seem to have taken to him. He's had a lot of praise from the players and he's not been in charge for very long.

Very true......but most of these players wont be here next season  (at least not starters)  I say yes as in the next year or two we might need 2 or 3 of these boys to step up,and who knows them better than him,Added to the fact that our last 3 performances have been arguably our best 3 of the season.

I didn't vote yes or no. Seemed the quickest way to say the other one.

I would like Pedro to keep him around the first team. He clearly has an influence on the players.

However, we don't know Pedro's plans yet, so we have to have trust in him and go with what he decides.

No idea, let the boss decide that. 

Great credit to Murty though. A sticky start, but he came on to a game. Last few games the team has looked far better set up and prepared than under MW. Agree that he came across as competent and professional and the players seemed to want to play for him. Great effort after stepping up from youth football. 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can we not just give the new guy 5 mins in the door before we try to force Murty, Miller, Ferguson or whoever on him as his number 2.

And maybe even go for the crazy option of letting him make his own decisions... 

This is true, I've been saying all week who I want the assistant to be as if it matters a fuck what I think :mutley:

Pedro will make his own mind up or else he's potentially another Deila in the making with the board and media doing what they like with him. I hope someone puts him wide quickly about the excessive atmosphere surrounding our club.

As for Murty, I'm fond of the boy and wish him well what ever he decides to do or ends up. Think he is a decent coach in the making. If Pedro decides on someone else then I hope he stays and does a good job with the 20s. Although I won't hold it against him if he moves into a managers role soon enough as I'd imagine some smaller Scottish clubs will have noticed him and be willing to give him a start.